Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Full Leather Interior

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2020, 10:18 PM
Ray831
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

Sorry to hear that some would just give up. This is a quality problem and needs to be corrected by Porsche. Only other option, I suppose, if you do not want to fight with Porsche, is to go to a professional leather shop and see if they can correct it at a reasonable cost.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:51 PM
BeepBeep88
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray831
Sorry to hear that some would just give up. This is a quality problem and needs to be corrected by Porsche. Only other option, I suppose, if you do not want to fight with Porsche, is to go to a professional leather shop and see if they can correct it at a reasonable cost.
You say give up, I say move on. But I hear what yourself and OP are saying... maybe I'm just numb to the pain at this point in my car life lol. There's always something to moan about with these expensive cars.

Good luck OP with corporate, I'd urge you to consider taking the dealer fix and looking at it as a beauty mark if it ever returns!

Last edited by BeepBeep88; 09-14-2020 at 10:52 PM.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:09 PM
valexena
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
Thank you all for respond.
Did anyone have experience to go to Consumer Arbitration Program?

Thank you in advance.
Old 10-11-2020, 10:43 AM
Abdulaziz Alj
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New Cayenne full leather problem started after 600 miles, i'm taking it to the dealer in Kuwait tomorrow.

this is not good at all, Porsche is known for it's quality something like this should not be accepted and also future customers should expect this might happen to their seats, i really like the interior and the car but things like this might even lower the vehicle value.

Old 10-11-2020, 10:58 AM
rileyracing1
Three Wheelin'

Received 402 Likes on 282 Posts

I agree this looks terrible, I weigh 240lbs and my full leather 06 911 and my 05 Cayenne S do not exhibit this type of issue .... Of course the dealer will claim this is normal but it is a sign of either poor materials or in my opinion the thickness of the supporting under padding and quality they are putting under the seat leather. If my car was leased or if I flip them for a newer car every few years I wouldn't care. I would insist the issue is recorded for future reference or if the car is a keeper I would call Porsche head office for your region if the dealer would not be willing to cooperate and escalate the issue. Either way it does not look very appealing ...

Last edited by rileyracing1; 10-11-2020 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-11-2020, 01:01 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by rileyracing1
... but it is a sign of either poor materials or in my opinion the thickness of the supporting under padding ...
Or it's the thickness of the leather itself. After all, the thinner the leather, the easier it is to stretch.
Old 10-11-2020, 02:55 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,462 Likes on 1,067 Posts

Originally Posted by valexena
We bought Cayenne 2020 in June with Full Leather Interior Package. Car has only 600 miles and on both driver and passenger seats leather terribly stretched.
I am attaching image. We did not have Porsche before, but all our previous cars had leather and after 10 years using leather was not stretched.
I am wondering is it defect on our particular car or the other Cayennes have this issue.
Hope that someone would respond on this message because we are very upset & don't know what to do.

Thank you in advance!
This looks like a car (child) seat was used in the front seat during the first 600 miles. Dealer's or salesperson's wife or girlfriend?

Mercedes has frequent complaints for saggy/baggy seat covers, mainly with MB-Tex (genuine naugahide). It happens with all manufacturers.

Quick Reply: Full Leather Interior