Sponsored By:

PSM Sport; who uses it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 02:58 AM
8378hjlafdljfads
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
Default PSM Sport; who uses it?

Just realized there is a "Sport PSM" mode to utilize. Who uses it and how does it benefit you? Anybody ever turn PSM totally off? If so, what is the benefit? Have a Cayenne turbo and want to enjoy its performance as much as possible without crashing.

"Porsche Stability Management Sport (PSM Sport).Porsche Stability Management Sport (PSM Sport) is a Porsche Stability Management (PSM) mode. This extremely sporty mode enables ambitious drivers to further push their vehicle’s boundaries in a safe environment. Delayed intervention allows a significantly sportier driving style, with PSM remaining active

in the background. PSM Sport can be switched on in any driving mode."

Last edited by 8378hjlafdljfads; 10-07-2020 at 03:01 AM.
Old 10-11-2020, 02:59 PM
David Mackintosh
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I've used PSM Sport in our e-Hybrid, it allows a bit more wheel slip and rotation of the car when driven aggressively. I don't actually find the car that rewarding to drive really hard, though, even in Sport Plus and with PDCC, four-wheels steer, etc. It's plenty fast, but very heavy. I have not turned PSM off completely off and probably won't myself. Of course your Turbo has more power and the suspension is likely tuned differently, plus you have larger and more aggressive rubber.

The "without crashing" is the important part. The stability controls can help keep you out of trouble, but you can always overcook a turn entry.
The following users liked this post:
8378hjlafdljfads (10-11-2020)

Quick Reply: PSM Sport; who uses it?