Sponsored By:

Phone keeps losing bluetooth connection

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 12:37 PM
BRJACKET
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Phone keeps losing bluetooth connection

I think that I have been pretty lucky so far in that I have had very few "bugs" in my new Cayenne. The one thing that has been a problem is the Bluetooth connection to my phone. I keep losing connection during phone calls. The phone doesn't lose the signal. The person is still on the phone but I have to hit the phone icon on the infotainment screen to reconnect. This is more frustrating if the screen is set to something else (for example if I receive a call while listening to music so the medias screen is up). I have to navigate to the call screen and then hit the phone icon to reconnect. Meanwhile the person on the phone is hit with my typically loud music which is now playing on the speakers. I don't know if it is the phone or the car except that my last car didn't seem to have this issue.
Has anyone else had this problem and was there an easy fix?
Old 11-05-2019, 06:52 PM
redbaron01
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

BRJACKET ,, I have experienced BT connectivity issues with my Android on both former 2017 Cayenne and present 2019 turbo ,, same issues . It appears to be isolated to ANDROID phones ,, but not APPLE ..I recently deleted my phone in PCM then added same ..does work better , not purr-fit but helps ... PCNA
nor Svc Mgr have much resolve .... GOOD Luck
Old 11-05-2019, 10:28 PM
wallyworld925
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Is it an iPhone? I have had the exact same issue with my iPhone X and 2015 Toyota Tundra since the update to iOS 13.x. I searched online and there are many reports of the same behavior, but different devices and cars. Apple just released another update (13.2.1) and it supposedly has some bug fixes for BT. I'm going to try that first, then reset network settings and see if it still occurs. (I originally suspected the audio system in my truck and upgraded that to latest version of firmware too - problem still exists.)
Old 11-06-2019, 12:09 AM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Received 381 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by wallyworld925
Is it an iPhone? I have had the exact same issue with my iPhone X and 2015 Toyota Tundra since the update to iOS 13.x. I searched online and there are many reports of the same behavior, but different devices and cars. Apple just released another update (13.2.1) and it supposedly has some bug fixes for BT. I'm going to try that first, then reset network settings and see if it still occurs. (I originally suspected the audio system in my truck and upgraded that to latest version of firmware too - problem still exists.)

I don't use Apple anymore, but I had similar problems with my old iPhones and bluetooth.

What it work for me was to have only one bluetooth device paired. If there was more than one paired device, the connection will drop randomly.. It seemed that the phone wanted to connect to something and it caused the other connected device to drop...

But Apple is known to have various bluetooth problems.. its all over the internet..

Test some other smartphone or music device to see if the connection drops.. non-Apple will be good for testing purposes..
Old 11-06-2019, 10:43 AM
BRJACKET
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I have an Android phone with Verizon. I didn't have problems in my last car with the Bluetooth connection. In the Cayenne it seems that every call loses connection once somewhere in the drive. It seems to only happen once and at different locations along the drive. I will be talking and suddenly the radio is playing. I look at the phone and it is still connected to the call so the other person is now listening to my music. I have to change to the phone screen and then touch the phone icon and it immediately reconnects. It typically doesn't lose the connection again. I am going on a small trip this weekend so my calls may be longer and over different roads. I will be curious to see how it does.
Old 11-06-2019, 11:16 AM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BRJACKET
I have an Android phone with Verizon. I didn't have problems in my last car with the Bluetooth connection. In the Cayenne it seems that every call loses connection once somewhere in the drive. It seems to only happen once and at different locations along the drive. I will be talking and suddenly the radio is playing. I look at the phone and it is still connected to the call so the other person is now listening to my music. I have to change to the phone screen and then touch the phone icon and it immediately reconnects. It typically doesn't lose the connection again. I am going on a small trip this weekend so my calls may be longer and over different roads. I will be curious to see how it does.
I use now Samsung phones (recently a Samsung Note 10+), and I have zero issues with my 2019 Cayenne S phone calls, music, internet, etc.

Maybe a Porsche hardware/software issue?
Old 11-06-2019, 11:59 AM
beefchopper
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheACC
I use now Samsung phones (recently a Samsung Note 10+), and I have zero issues with my 2019 Cayenne S phone calls, music, internet, etc.

Maybe a Porsche hardware/software issue?
Do you connect your Samsung to the car through bluetooth or using a cable?
Old 11-06-2019, 12:10 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by beefchopper
Do you connect your Samsung to the car through bluetooth or using a cable?
I use bluetooth for connecting to my Samsung's phone and music..

Quick Reply: Phone keeps losing bluetooth connection