Sponsored By:

Tax credit 2019 e-hybrid $6,712

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 10:54 AM
jsclarke
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Tax credit 2019 e-hybrid $6,712

Last time I checked this federal tax credit for the 2019 e-hybrid it was super low (can't remember how much) - but considering the credit is based on battery capacity it should have approximated the Panamera. Looks like this has been fixed- it's listed at $6,712 now
https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml
The following users liked this post:
ssiminou (07-31-2019)
Old 07-31-2019, 02:09 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

Yes, it's $6,712 for the new Cayenne & Panamera Hybrids. This is up from $6,670 for the MY2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid despite no change in battery, which I found a little odd.

If you're leasing, the money is applied as a rebate. If you're purchasing, you must file it with your taxes in order to receive the credit. Either way, it is not 'cash in the bank'. I contacted PCNA about the CA CVRP $1500-2500 rebate that people are getting on cars like the BMW 530e or 740e and was told that no Porsche at this time is eligible. She said that it would be looked into internally.

If you haven't received an email from corporate stating you'll be receiving PSMP + (pre paid maintenance), make sure to mention it to you sales associate. If you're leasing, this boots your residual by 1%.

If anyone is interested in a Cayenne of any trim (order or off-the-lot), and is either in Cali or near Pennsylvania, reach out to me and I'll put you in touch with a knowledgeable SA that gives great discounts
The following 2 users liked this post by ssiminou:
Jackeylilin (08-05-2019), jsclarke (07-31-2019)
Old 06-16-2020, 07:18 AM
kuriisenbo
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't know that they increased so much the amount of the taxes. But I guess that it is normal no?! Guys I would like to ask you for some advice. I'm thinking of buying a new car, a Cayenne is the dream of my life. I have been keeping money for a long period. Now I found one that I feel that it is my car. The problem is that I cannot afford the whole amount. I'm thinking of taking credit. I even found a license moneylender that give me the best options and I'm sure that I will be able to pay it back. So What do you think to take it or to wait for a while?

Last edited by kuriisenbo; 06-17-2020 at 03:00 AM.
Old 06-18-2020, 02:50 PM
SoundsoftheSuburbs
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Does anyone know if PFS passes this onto the lessee like other programs, or do they just pocket it for themselves? The guys on Edmunds don't know.
Old 06-18-2020, 03:09 PM
ElMills
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

"If you're leasing, the money is applied as a rebate."
Old 06-18-2020, 03:17 PM
SoundsoftheSuburbs
Instructor

Originally Posted by ElMills
"If you're leasing, the money is applied as a rebate."
Interesting. That could make the e-hybrid relatively attractive depending on the overall discount you're able to secure.
Old 06-18-2020, 05:39 PM
ElMills
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Porsche has the residual set a bit lower than a base, so even though you have the lease rebate applied up front it will not be a cheap lease.
Old 06-18-2020, 06:25 PM
SoundsoftheSuburbs
Instructor

Originally Posted by ElMills
Porsche has the residual set a bit lower than a base, so even though you have the lease rebate applied up front it will not be a cheap lease.
Hence, the discount will be important. In general, in my experience, Porsches are bad exceptionally bad leases.
Old 09-24-2020, 03:53 AM
ariotofcolor
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ssiminou
Yes, it's $6,712 for the new Cayenne & Panamera Hybrids. This is up from $6,670 for the MY2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid despite no change in battery, which I found a little odd.

If you're leasing, the money is applied as a rebate. If you're purchasing, you must file it with your taxes in order to receive the credit. Either way, it is not 'cash in the bank'. I contacted PCNA about the CA CVRP $1500-2500 rebate that people are getting on cars like the BMW 530e or 740e and was told that no Porsche at this time is eligible. She said that it would be looked into internally.

If you haven't received an email from corporate stating you'll be receiving PSMP + (pre paid maintenance), make sure to mention it to you sales associate. If you're leasing, this boots your residual by 1%.

If anyone is interested in a Cayenne of any trim (order or off-the-lot), and is either in Cali or near Pennsylvania, reach out to me and I'll put you in touch with a knowledgeable SA that gives great discounts
im interested in ordering! In the Bay Area
Old 09-24-2020, 03:56 AM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by ariotofcolor
im interested in ordering! In the Bay Area
Hi! Feel free to email me directly at samsiminou@gmail.com with your method of purchase and build sheet, and I’ll get right to work for you. Another NorCal client just inquired about an E-Hybrid order, and it seems we’re about to get it all wrapped up for him!

Quick Reply: Tax credit 2019 e-hybrid $6,712