Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2019 Cayenne E-Hybrid Order - DONE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2019 | 10:30 AM
CanadianNorth
Advanced

Default 2019 Cayenne E-Hybrid Order - DONE!

Now approaching 6 years with our 2014 Cayenne (Gen 2) Diesel, we've placed an order for a 2019 Cayenne (Gen 3) E-Hybrid. The 2013 has been GREAT, despite the VAG Diesel-gate matters and subsequent calibration updates. With our 'sorry-money' in hand and a warranty extension to October 2019 on our 2014, we now await our 2nd Cayenne, the 3rd generation Cayenne E-Hybrid. Here is our configuration. Our dealer has confirmed a likely build date of April but delivery only in July-August as there are typical certification delays to account for with a new generation and power pack.

One thing we learnt (the hard way) with our 2014 is that we should have ordered the Air Suspension when selecting the 21inch wheels. Lesson learnt. Here is our new configuration:

Quarzite Grey Metallic (our 2014 was Jet Black Metallic). BTW, Quarzite Grey looks horrible in the configurator but AMAZING in person. Especially under sunlight.
Two-Tone Leather Interior in Black/Bordeaux Red (same as our 2014 - we love this combo)
Deletion of Hybrid-Specific Exterior elements (don't like those green calipers)
Adaptive Air Suspension incl. PASM
Trailer hitch
21inch Cayenne Exclusive Design Wheels in Black High-Gloss
Park Assist with Surround View, Front and Rear
7.2 kW Onboard Charger
Window Trim in Black High Gloss
Premium Package (Canada): Power Steering Plus, Ambient Lighting, Comfort Access, Auto-Dimming Mirrors, LED Headlights with PDLS, Lane Change Assist, Panoramic Roof System, BOSE audio, 14-way seats.

A long 6-7 months to wait!

CanadianNorth

Old 01-29-2019 | 12:16 PM
Gmoe01
Advanced

Fantastic! Glad you got your order into the April build cycle. Your configuration sounds great. We are also in the April build cycle, and will be going to see our SA tomorrow to confirm everything one last time before V250 "Vehicle Fixed" which is supposed to happen sometime between 4 and 11 February for the April build cycle. Our dealer also confirmed delivery in July-August timeframe.
Old 01-29-2019 | 01:25 PM
normp
Rennlist Member

Also playing around with my configuration this week prior to the early February lockdown, right now you can only spec the standard steel brakes. For some reason CS and SC are not available, this is a change from November/December. This is not an issue for me as I’m spending my money on other options. Have to wonder why this change was made.
Old 01-29-2019 | 01:41 PM
joe1234
5th Gear

I see you are a fellow Canadian, first off I love the build and was thinking of something similar on a base cayenne. I was wondering if you care to share if you were able to negotiate any sort of discount? The Cayenne would be my first Porsche and from the limited research I've done it seems that discounts can be hard to come by here in Canada, even if allocations are not that scarce at the moment.
Old 01-29-2019 | 02:29 PM
Gmoe01
Advanced

As far as brakes go, no brake options have ever been available on the US configurator for the E-Hybrid. (At least not in the 9 months I've been looking at it). I was told that one of the most time consuming engineering tasks is balancing the regenerative braking system and the regular brakes. Porsche has only done this for the "standard E-Hybrid" brake. If they should offer other brake options in the future, they will have to re-tune the regenerative braking system for each option.
Old 01-29-2019 | 04:05 PM
dspvend
Instructor

No reasons why the Surface coated brakes and CS brakes are not being offered at this time? Put those into my Cayenne S build and thinking it's pushing back the
build date? Great color combo by the way ordered the same thing!
Old 01-29-2019 | 04:05 PM
CanadianNorth
Advanced

There were a few variables in the transaction including the trade-in of the 2014 Cayenne Diesel. I believe I got a fair deal. Not full MSRP but I know I could have purchased for less at another Porsche Dealer nearby. This dealer in particular where we purchased has been great with us and does our servicing by picking up our vehicle at the airport when I travel, for free. I would rather get a fully engaged dealer than nickel-and-diming them and suffering the consequences/up-charges later. That's just me though.....
Old 01-29-2019 | 05:02 PM
fkim011
Instructor

Fantastic build!
Old 01-29-2019 | 09:41 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dspvend
No reasons why the Surface coated brakes and CS brakes are not being offered at this time? Put those into my Cayenne S build and thinking it's pushing back the
build date?
Porsche had a major problem with their PSCB supplier over the summer. We were told we could wait another several months months for our Turbo with PSCB, or pay the extra to switch to PCCB and get it right away. We swapped. We were also told that PCNA sent an advisory to all dealerships that they expected a run on PCCB, so get in early due to expected shortages later on.

You are probably seeing the continued effects of PSCB supply issues, coupled with the indirect effect of high demand for carbon-ceramics by impatient people (which probably means two cars out of 400, instead of the normal one).

I posted this elsewhere, but as a Porsche newbie and relative outsider, I don't mind pointing out that Porsche bungled PSCB badly. Considering this technology was supposed to set a new standard for braking performance versus cost and quickly spread throughout the lineup, so far they've failed in just about every way you can fail a product introduction. We drove a loaner 2019 base Cayenne for a week, and the standard brakes performed well (expected), but dusted insanely (also expected)-- see below. (This was after just 250 miles, and the rear at that. The front wheels were a nice shade of carbon black. Yeesh.)

Old 01-30-2019 | 01:38 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

I am curious as to why Porsche offers black brake calipers on the Panamera E-Hybrid as a free single option, not affecting the exterior badging letters, but the Cayenne does not get this option. I also think that the green calipers look absurd, but I like the green accenting on the badges.
There are lots of oddities like this that Porsche will offer as options on one vehicle but not another, for no obvious reason.

Quick Reply: 2019 Cayenne E-Hybrid Order - DONE!