Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

PSA: Thermal / Noise Insulated Windows & EZ Pass

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 09:21 PM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I live in Florida where our toll device is called SunPass. The mini SunPass is a 2" x 2" sticker that is attached to the inside of the windshield near the rear view mirror. It does not work with thermal glass even placed where the manual suggests it should be placed. My SA suggested that the mini SunPass be placed on the inside of the Panoramic roof which is tinted but not thermally insulated. It worked! Specifically I attached the sticker on the inside of the right front corner of sunroof on the passenger side. It is barely noticeable. 😊. Hope this helps.
The following users liked this post:
jackbenner (12-06-2021)
Old 04-30-2019, 09:44 AM
rick chi
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just discovered same problem on my Cayenne Turbo with thermal glass. Live in Chicago, my transponder for gate and I Pass both do not work. Applied I pass to fixed sunroof glass in rear no problems and roof operates fine. My gate transponder requires a window lower and a wave. Annoying but...
Old 04-30-2019, 11:47 PM
500RJC
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rick chi
Just discovered same problem on my Cayenne Turbo with thermal glass. Live in Chicago, my transponder for gate and I Pass both do not work. Applied I pass to fixed sunroof glass in rear no problems and roof operates fine. My gate transponder requires a window lower and a wave. Annoying but...
Minor inconvenience for the benefits of the T/AG

Quick Reply: PSA: Thermal / Noise Insulated Windows & EZ Pass