Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Delivery Date

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 02:54 AM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 367 Likes on 176 Posts

First -- Memporsche, congrats on the car, and thanks for sharing the pics and your build. You balanced the option list well, I think. Much better than we did. And I really like the Quartzite Grey!

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
The anticipated CARB/EPA approval date for the Cayenne Turbo is December 7th. PCNA then allows 2 weeks from that date to get the cars re-inspected and trucked to their dealers. Most Cayennes will take less time.

The Cayenne S was unexpectedly certified by the EPA at the same time as the base Cayenne, so any Cayenne S’s currently being produced or being shipped will pass right through and should not get stuck at the port.

It’s important to remember that Porsche has no control over the EPA and their certification process. PCNA wants the cars to get invoiced to the dealers just as badly as the clients want their cars to finally arrive. Once certification happens, the logistics and timelines for production, shipment, and arrival should be far more accurate.

Hope this helps clarify the delays.
Yes, it sure does. Thanks!

We spent several hours at our dealer on Friday the 30th finalizing everything. I've bought a LOT of new cars in my 48 years, and traded just as many. But I've never had a more difficult time prying value out of a transaction than I did at the Porsche dealer.

In the end, we came to a compromise where neither of us seemed particularly happy (isn't that the definition?). But it was a fight the whole way. Reminded me of the scene in "Fargo" with Oldsmobile salesman William H. Macy eventually offering $100 off the TruCoat after saying, "We've never done this before." I understand the bit that Porsche is an elite brand, and the Cayenne Turbo is a "new, extraordinary, rare vehicle" that dozens of gazillionaires are lined up to buy, but geez. There was no reason to make the deal so difficult. I guess that's part of the Porsche Mystique, huh? This newbie is learning.

On the sunnier side, our SA believes our car will be delivered in a week, maybe two at the most. He said cars take no more than a day to be trucked up from the Houston port to our location. Considering the dealer bought our trade, then loaned it back to us complete with dealer tags, delivery can't come soon enough!
Old 12-02-2018, 07:36 AM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear about your purchase experience. It shouldn't be that way. Maybe I have a unique situation, but dealing with my local dealership is just the opposite. I'm a Porsche nut and have owned them since high school (1963) so I gravitate first to Porsche for a car purchase. I have been using my local dealership (Porsche, MB and Audi combo dealer) for years having purchased 3 Porsches, 2 MB's and 1 Audi from them, all very pleasant experiences. I service my cars there even though it probably would be cheaper at an indie shop and have an excellent relationship with the service department. I have been working with the same SA for a long time and we too have an excellent relationship. In addition, the dealership has the best amenities in town which my wife likes. Further, the dealership is a very large financial supporter of our local Porsche club. So when it came to buying an SUV, of course Porsche started at the top of my list and stayed there after my thorough research. When it came to purchasing my Cayenne the "negotiations" took two minutes (5% discount back last summer which I felt was fair for a new model). I want to support my dealer and have them make a profit - I make good profit in my business.
So to me my local dealership is a pleasant place for me where they make me feel comfortable in working with them. I hope it turns out this way for you. And, congrats on your new Turbo - I'm jealous. 😁. I took delivery of my base about two weeks ago and will be posting tomorrow an initial report (all good).
Old 12-02-2018, 08:51 AM
MemPorsche
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the air suspension, I was trying to get a Cadillac smooth ride with 21 “ rims. I think this picture was taken in standard/medium height suspension.
Old 12-02-2018, 09:07 AM
MemPorsche
Track Day

Thx, 5 days in and the only item I think i would add to my options list is the heads up display. With a 12 in screen full of info and 5 screens in the instument cluster, it is a little distracting and i have found myself on the edge of the road a couple of times.
Old 12-02-2018, 10:16 AM
Kai N
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kloetpe
Kai
You get delivery yet. Mine arrived in Jacksonville this morning. Wondering how many days to delivery?

Not yet. The dealer says estimated arrival at the dealership is December 7, give or take a week. If the truck is as slow as the boat, well, I hate to even think!
Old 12-02-2018, 03:37 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by porscherex
Sorry to hear about your purchase experience. It shouldn't be that way. Maybe I have a unique situation, but dealing with my local dealership is just the opposite.
There may be variables at play I did not mention. For one, our dealer sits smack-dab in a geographic region of extreme wealth. For example, our SA also counts as a client a foreign billionaire who allowed him to drive his new Chiron after taking delivery of a 911 GT2. While we are blessed and comfortable compared with most (as would the vast majority of Porsche buyers, I expect) we do not count a “B” in our net worth. It probable that our dealer is used to buyers walking in, getting what they want, and paying whatever the dealer asks without a second thought. Conversely, we have worked too hard and too long for our money to give it up without a fight. A few grand in the overall scheme of things is nothing when buying a Porsche. But considering where we came from, you’re not going to get it without a serious negotiation. And man, it was a battle!

We have been loyal customers of another semi-premium dealer for 20 years — they sell Infiniti, Lexus and Cadillac. Family-owned, this dealer is the local gold standard for customer service prior to, during and after the sale. They were here long before the combined Porsche / MB dealer from whom we bought our Cayenne. They are extraordinary. It is possible my opinion is colored relative to them for our Porsche purchase. More than possible. We have worked with the same sales manager for over a decade there. I’ve thought more than once, “Dammit. If only she sold Porsches!”
And, congrats on your new Turbo - I'm jealous. ��. I took delivery of my base about two weeks ago and will be posting tomorrow an initial report (all good).
I’ve told you this before, but congrats to you too. I look forward to reading it. Post!

Last edited by JCWLS3; 12-03-2018 at 09:41 PM.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:06 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Most high volume dealers are sold out (nearly sold out) of Cayenne Turbo allocations, and the likelihood of you getting any sort of meaningful discount is slim. There is a real shortage of the Turbos, compared to base Cayennes and Cayenne S's. Just because one dealer gave one person a 5% discount on a base Cayenne does not mean you should expect something similar on a Turbo in your particular marketplace.
Old 12-02-2018, 10:29 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
Most high volume dealers are sold out (nearly sold out) of Cayenne Turbo allocations, and the likelihood of you getting any sort of meaningful discount is slim. There is a real shortage of the Turbos, compared to base Cayennes and Cayenne S's. Just because one dealer gave one person a 5% discount on a base Cayenne does not mean you should expect something similar on a Turbo in your particular marketplace.
+1. My SA said that dealers in FL, NY and CA have been trying to buy/trade for their allocations for months on Turbos. They also have buyers lined up locally. Discounts are only being given to prior customers around here.

That being said, one can always travel elsewhere or ship from another state. It's a hassle but could work out.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:47 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Thanks, ChicagoWhale and WCH BOS. I know Turbo allocations are tight, but I didn't know they had reached critical mass. You guys make me feel a little better about the 3.5 percent discount we finalized late last week. I appreciate your input.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:43 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 97 Posts

How do you guys know which vessel your car is on and track it?
Old 12-04-2018, 08:56 PM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by OCNYPORSCHE
How do you guys know which vessel your car is on and track it?
I was told by my SA. They have tracking sheets. I followed mine on MarineTraffic.com.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:44 PM
zelement
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 9 Posts

It looks like Siem Cicero is about to pull up to Houston this afternoon. If all goes well, I could get my trucked to San Diego by the end of this year.

Kai N. Yours got to port on 11/26 correct? Is your car still at the port or is it in dealer inventory? When are you expecting delivery?
Old 12-06-2018, 12:03 AM
Turboace
Intermediate

Mine is on the Goodwood. It looks like it hit port in CT on the 30th. Marine Traffic shows it in Jacksonville by the 8th, so hopefully I’ll be able to pick it up here, in Wilmington, NC, before Christmas.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:33 AM
Kloetpe
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine finally arrived on 11/30 in Jacksonville port. Released for delivery to dealer today. Per SA should be delivered on 12/7,8 or 10. A very long 2.5 months since ordered.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:15 PM
Fly121
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Are these base models or turbo's you are waiting on?

Quick Reply: Delivery Date