Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Delivery Date

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 10:00 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 367 Likes on 176 Posts

WCH and zelement, thanks for the comments re: EPA certification / hold. That makes perfect sense. Here's hoping that since the standard Cayenne cert went through quickly, our Turbos' will too.

We are visiting our dealer and SA Friday to nail down final numbers on trade and other items, such as maintenance plan, wheel / tire protection, etc. I'll update if I get anything new on delivery date.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:35 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,241 Likes on 609 Posts

Just one day after my production date was confirmed to be late December, it shifted to late February. It's a Turbo with almost all options (I'm an idiot that way). Trying to find out why it got moved but my bet is one of the options delays it or maybe because the dealer submitted the build just after the cut-off. I'm bummed :-(.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:14 PM
fkim011
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Got a screenshot yesterday from my long time SA.

My turbo has been at the port since 11/5. Looks like Porsche moved the sale date cause of these recalls. It says it won't be inventory logged till 12/21 now.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:45 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,241 Likes on 609 Posts

Update - my delay is due to PSCB shortage.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:15 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Update - my delay is due to PSCB shortage.
Damn. I was hoping that was overstated, even though we got sucked into the paranoia and ended up with PCCB as a result.

Look at it this way. If you see me posting a thread in a few years about our getting hammered with a $20K brake job, you can look back and say to yourself, "You know, that two-month delay was the best investment I ever made."
Old 11-29-2018, 07:49 AM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

My S is on the ocean and due in San Diego on 12/19 - shipped earlier than planned. No information on length of certification hold or final delivery date.

Cheers,
Old 11-29-2018, 12:32 PM
MemPorsche
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up my 2019 base cayenne last night, I locked my order July 20, It arrived in Houston on 9/30 and it was delayed in Houston due to the seat belt recall, It took almost 60 days to arrive in Memphis, but it was worth the wait. The car looks and drives incredible, so far!

Porsche needs to do a better job of providing accurate build/delivery information to their dealers, I was told multiple times in the last 60 days that my car was going to be in in the next week and it never arrived. I ordered a BMW X5 5 years ago and they provided an online portal with accurate information.
Old 11-29-2018, 01:06 PM
Jdqt458
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Can’t wait to see your new Cayenne — shots soon we hope .
Old 11-29-2018, 10:47 PM
KaiserSoze!
1st Gear

Originally Posted by MemPorsche
I picked up my 2019 base cayenne last night, I locked my order July 20, It arrived in Houston on 9/30 and it was delayed in Houston due to the seat belt recall, It took almost 60 days to arrive in Memphis, but it was worth the wait. The car looks and drives incredible, so far!

Porsche does needs to do a better job of providing accurate build/delivery information to their dealers I was told multiple times in the last 60 days that my car was going to be in in the next week and it never arrived. I ordered a BMW X5 5 years ago and they provided an online portal with accurate information.
Porsche does need to do a better job providing accurate build information! At least to the customers who are writing the check!
I ordered my Cayenne S on February 20th, 2017. As of today it looks like it "might" get to me by March 2019, I do understand it is a custom built vehicle, and a new model year...but at a price tag North of $100,00.00 dollars, I get better tracking information at Amazon! and faster results. This is my second Porsche in my garage (06' 911-S) but this may be too much! I hope it's worth the hype! I have had many second thoughts of cancelling, things don't seem in order at Porsche for exporting vehicles.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:01 AM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Yikes. That's painful, but hey, it's all over now. Definitely post some pics and thoughts on the car when you have a chance. Congratulations are in order!

As for the whole Porsche-should-do-better-on-the-special-order-process comments, I agree. But with the company making money hand over fist, with a line out the door of people waving cash while eagerly waiting for their cars (cue what seems the entire Rennlist), what incentive does it have to spend a nickel to make the ordering process more enjoyable? As a newbie who's been going through this ridiculousness for nearly 18 months, at this point I feel like Porsche prefers we kiss the ring, hand over a bucket of money, and shut the hell up until we are blessed from Stuttgart on High with a vehicle at some vaguely random point in the future. As my mother used to say, "You get what you get, and you don't throw a fit." Maybe Dr. Porsche coined that one!
Old 12-01-2018, 09:38 AM
MemPorsche
Track Day

I was able to negotiate 5% discount

My build is below and pics.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:49 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

My SA says that Porsche hasn't given them a release date for the Turbos. They now have several sitting at the port. His estimate is late December.
Old 12-01-2018, 02:48 PM
Kloetpe
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kai
You get delivery yet. Mine arrived in Jacksonville this morning. Wondering how many days to delivery?
Old 12-01-2018, 08:01 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

I was able to negotiate 5% discount

Nice! How do you like the air suspension? I asume its lowered on this pic? That’s the stance I like.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:08 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

The anticipated CARB/EPA approval date for the Cayenne Turbo is December 7th. PCNA then allows 2 weeks from that date to get the cars re-inspected and trucked to their dealers. Most Cayennes will take less time.

The Cayenne S was unexpectedly certified by the EPA at the same time as the base Cayenne, so any Cayenne S’s currently being produced or being shipped will pass right through and should not get stuck at the port.

It’s important to remember that Porsche has no control over the EPA and their certification process. PCNA wants the cars to get invoiced to the dealers just as badly as the clients want their cars to finally arrive. Once certification happens, the logistics and timelines for production, shipment, and arrival should be far more accurate.

Hope this helps clarify the delays.

Quick Reply: Delivery Date