Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Your favorite (not obvious) feature on the 958?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 08:49 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Your favorite (not obvious) feature on the 958?

Doing all I can to help this forum

But I am curious as to what little feature on the car is your favorite? I think it's a good way to learn little features about a car that are not normally recognized.

For instance, on my Audi Q5, I love that I can scroll the Sirius stations and it'll tell me what's playing on that channel without having me click over to it. In other words, I can listen to one channel and (while staying on that channel) scroll to the other stations on the screen and it'll display what's on those stations. If I see something better, I can click. It's a feature I badly miss when in my wife's car.

So what little features do you like?
Old 04-18-2017, 12:31 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,040 Likes on 660 Posts

well,... the one I love & feel the most,... and it certainly is not that "obvious" visually since there's no button for it, so can't see anything inside the car that says it has it,... nor any moniker, and in the engine compartment you can only see the pump lines if you sneak a peak under the plastic cowl on the drivers side.....

is the PDCC.

I feel its presence every second I'm driving. And it's my favorite.

Turns a big tall 4,800 lb beast into a light, low, nimble sports car.

Ok, Ok,... I realize it's not a "feature", but rather an "option",.... but you asked. ;-)

=Steve
Old 04-18-2017, 12:42 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Btw g8tor20, I saw your post in the other thread...

Originally Posted by g8tor20
by the way....in case you haven't seen my previous posts...I'm looking for a 958 with sports design package (with side skirts) and PDCC (either stand alone or part of the sports package...although I'd rather have the MF Steering wheel). Preferably in white.
This seems very close to the '12 CTT I have. Blacked out everything too (plus roof rails & tow package since we tow our 964T with it).... plus seldom seen option of lower half of mirror housing painted to match (which is kinda one of those options you'd never pick yourself, but when you find it on a used CTT, it's kinda cool...

anyway, thought you might like a pic.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:51 AM
g8tor20
Instructor

Very jealous Steve. That is the exact car I have been looking for. Even the wheels that I like. Tough as nails to find. Kudos my man!
Old 04-18-2017, 10:02 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Keep looking g8tor20,.. they're out there. It took me almost a year to find it. Although patience was a tough thing for me at the time.
Found it used (was 2.5 yrs old, with 16k miles & got it for 50% of msrp)..

Here's the build spec...

PU5 Sport Package
- 0AW PDCC
- 1ML Sport Design Steering Wheel w/ Paddles
- 1Y1 PTV Plus

2D1 Sport Design Pkg w/ Side Skirts
- AAY Wing Mirror Painted

PU4 Premium Package Plus
- 7Y1 Lane Change Assist (LCA)
- 7X8 Reverse Camera Park Assist Front & Rear
- 3Y8 Power Sunscreen Rear Side Windows
- 4A4 Seat Heating Front & Rear
- 4D3 Seat Ventilation Front
- 9AH 4-zone Climate Control
- 8T3 Adaptive Cruise Control
- 4F6 Porsche Entry & Drive

0Q Exterior Color White

1D6 Trailer Hitch Coupler

3FU Panorama Roof System

3S5 Roof Rails with Moldings in Black

5ML Interior Package Yachting Mahogany

ADE Ext Trim Pkg Grab Handle in Yacht Mahogany

5ZF Porsche Crest Emblem Front/Rear Headrest

6F8 Center Console Armrest w/ "Turbo" logo

6Q7 Tiptronic Gear Selector in Aluminum

7B6 12-Volt Outlet in Rear Center Consoles

7M7 Door Sill Guards in Stainless Steel, illuminated

8BT Bi-Xenon(TM) Headlights Black w/ PDLS

8SI LED Rear Light - Black w/ Adpt Break Light

9MB Dimmable Interior LED Lighting

9VJ Burmester (R) High End Surround Sound System

AEU Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment System

AWK Car Key Painted

CZ4 21" 911 Turbo II Rims w/Arch Extensions

Q2J 14-way Power Seats Memory Pkg

QJ4 Exterior Package High Gloss Black

QV8 Sirius XM Satellite Radio + HD Radio

VB 2-Tone Natural Leather Espresso / Cognac

Last edited by bweSteve; 04-18-2017 at 03:44 PM.
The following users liked this post:
yoitsdre (11-22-2023)
Old 04-18-2017, 10:34 AM
g8tor20
Instructor

Nicely optioned! 👍🏼

Waiting is tough. Of course you could just sell me yours. 😂
Old 04-18-2017, 11:14 AM
fpena944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

Mine has these two attachments on the exhaust that really help increase the fun factor on the car. I think they call them turbos

No seriously this truck does have a lot of cool features that surprise me each day. One funny story was that we're visiting Pennsylvania right now and yesterday my father-in-law wanted to take us to this campsite in the mountains. He has a full-size Chevy that sits pretty high and since we couldn't fit the carseat in the back of his cab we elected to follow him the Cayenne.

As I'm packing up the vehicle he's talking to my wife telling her that we could park at the bottom of the hill and we could all squeeze into his truck. I ask him what he meant and he told me he was concerned that I might bottom out the suspension on the dips. I then showed him how with the flick of a switch the vehicle will lift itself and there won't be any issues. The reaction was pretty funny but just shows how versatile these things are.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:18 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Not exactly "not obvious", but 400 ft-lbs of torque and being able to pull 732 miles out of a tank of fuel!

Probably more in the "not obvious" realm is it's ability (even with steel suspension and no PDCC) to throw itself around an AutoX course well enough to silence the "what's he doing here with that? that's not a Porsche!" crowd that was out that morning...
Old 04-18-2017, 01:22 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by g8tor20
Nicely optioned! 👍🏼

Waiting is tough. Of course you could just sell me yours. 😂
Very nicely optioned - almost identical to mine, except I don't have PTV or PDCC.

Mine:

(With the exterior gloss-black option..)
Old 04-18-2017, 01:28 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

Favorite feature - the Burmester audio. It is so heads and shoulders above anything I've ever heard in any vehicle that it simply is outstanding, and makes driving enjoyable.

Someone at the dealership told me - the biggest attribute it has is to be able to play as loud as you ever could possibly want without distortion. I think they missed the real point - it can do that - and the quality of the sound remains simply superb from low volumes to deafening levels. At higher volume with the correct source - you can feel the music in the low frequency notes.

It's simply brilliantly good. I would never have paid $4,000 for it as an option new - but I'm glad whoever ordered my Cayenne did.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:30 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

+1,000 ^^^

it truly is spectacular. Really missed that with the titanium loaner this past week (w/ Bose).
Old 04-18-2017, 02:18 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

Ahh geeez....now you're asking me to find a 958 with sport design package, with PDCC AND with Burmester?

More and more it looks like I'll have to look for a CTTS to get all these goodies
Old 04-18-2017, 03:01 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

ya know what g8tor20 ?? I have asked myself that same question in the last half year or so.

Of course back in late 2014, early 2015 when I was looking, and really wanted a 958,.. there were not enough that had just come off leases, or yet to be traded in,... and the CTTS' were still above my budget. So I targeted CTT with all these goodies / options. Tough to find. Took me too long.

But NOW we're sitting in Spring of 2017,... and I'm willing to bet you can find a '11 or '12 CTTS at a less painful price point. That's what I would do.

Keep in mind, with either of those years, you'll want to know a LOT about the maintenance history (re: Transfer Cases, aluminum cam adjuster bolts, etc). Do a search on those & you'll gain a lot more knowledge (or just look through all of DOn's past posts ;-) ... deilenberger.

Hope all this helps.
=Steve
Old 04-18-2017, 03:22 PM
termite01
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I searched for a few months and located an '11 CTT with PTV and PDCC. It was good that the truck had low miles [30k] and was CPO because it promptly ate both transfer case and rear diff...the only options that I don't have but wish I had are the Burmester and ceramic brakes. That being said, I love the truck and having driven a hybrid as a loaner, could not own one without PDCC. Mine has the suspect bolts but I have three years left on an extended warranty, so I will play the odds.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:31 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

It's funny because if I did away with the PDCC requirement, I would have many more cars to choose from. Several right now that I would look hard at. But just like you said, every person who has it and then drives a loaner, say they really like it and would not do without it anymore. So I am holding out for one with it.

Not sure if I'd like the sport steering wheel. I've always had MF wheels in all my cars. But that won't be a deal breaker. (It's even more rare to find someone who added the PDCC and PTV separately and not in the sport package with the sport wheel).

Quick Reply: Your favorite (not obvious) feature on the 958?