Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014-15 Cayenne D questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 08:04 PM
hotrod2448
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 85 Posts

So I have found a 2015 I'm interested in. Here's the thing, it is not being offered as CPO'd. It has an in service date of 6/3/15 and they are telling me the warranty coverage expires 6/3/19. I was under the impression (from information on this forum and from another dealership) it would have warranty coverage till 6/3/21 without the CPO coverage.

When I questioned them the response I got was "The warranty you are speaking of would be on cars that are not previously owned." I thought the additional 2 year courtesy warranty was an automatic thing. Am I mistaken or is this guy incorrect? Is it not transferable?
Old 05-23-2018, 08:56 PM
sclemmons
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
So I have found a 2015 I'm interested in. Here's the thing, it is not being offered as CPO'd. It has an in service date of 6/3/15 and they are telling me the warranty coverage expires 6/3/19. I was under the impression (from information on this forum and from another dealership) it would have warranty coverage till 6/3/21 without the CPO coverage.

When I questioned them the response I got was "The warranty you are speaking of would be on cars that are not previously owned." I thought the additional 2 year courtesy warranty was an automatic thing. Am I mistaken or is this guy incorrect? Is it not transferable?
I hope he is incorrect because I bought mine from an individual and thought I had the warranty confirmed by a dealer.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:07 PM
AEsco48
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hotrod2448

I was under the impression it was automatic on all Diesel versions. And Porsche cant sell a 2015 as new anyways, so they were all titled, driven around the block, put in a demo vehicles and are sold as previously owned... Or are they offering you a brand new 2015 CD?

I would pretty much tell you, play dumb get it at a good price and you will have the warranty no matter what the dealer says.
Here is how to check.. Get the VIN #, call another dealer in a far away state and ask them to check till when you have warranty.
Old 05-29-2018, 05:06 PM
hotrod2448
Pro

Basically what I'm finding is a decent amount of dealers advertising cars with the Porsche issued warranty extension advertised as being CPOd. I called Porsche NA and they confirmed in the US all Cayenne diesels received the 2 year "courtesy" warranty and if they are truly CPO they will indeed be covered for 8 years from the original in service date. She did say that the courtesy warranty shows up as being CPO in some systems but, there are ways to differentiate the two warranties in their system besides 6 vs 8 years of coverage.

Now, I've got to try and figure out which dealership are maybe making an honest mistake versus who is being shady (or at least shadier than even your typical car dealer). I had one already tell me they spent $5k on the warranty, tires and parts that only had 6 years of coverage so clearly they are not being honest. Ugh... I hate dealerships.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:55 AM
hotrod2448
Pro

Next question if a vehicle has the sport design package does that complicate putting a hitch on it? I just want to make sure there isn't a bumper extension of something that makes that more problematic than vehicle without it.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:27 AM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

^^^ unless you just want a hitch to just carry a bicycle, you may want to find a CD born with the towing hitch. It is quite expensive to retrofit though I read someone using VW Touareg parts for it. You still need a dealer to program
Old 05-30-2018, 12:15 PM
administerturbo
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Indeed. I just purchased a '13 with no hitch. Part of my negotiation was some service work and the OEM hitch install/programming. It's around $2k retail, FYI. I ended up paying slightly more than asking price, but they were good to me and it was still a value.
Old 05-30-2018, 12:36 PM
hotrod2448
Pro

I'm not too worried about that aspect of it. I'm professional motorsports mechanic and the team owner I work for owns several Porsche dealers. While they have not been very helpful in purchasing, they take pretty good care of us on parts and service if I'm not inclined to do it myself.

That being said if there is hardware that only comes as part of the factory towing package and is not able to be retrofitted somewhat easily I will definitely reconsider. Like if it were to require replacing a significantly complex wiring loom because the non-tow package vehicles don't have a plug for the tow package harness that would probably be a deal breaker.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:11 AM
lenvo65
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just bought a 2015 CD this April, non CPO from an Audi dealer, in the same family as a Porsche dealer. When I got the Porsche dealer to run the Vin, my truck IS covered for the 6 years unlimited miles warranty, so it seems to me that it applies to all diesels that have had the update. I also wanted to tow our 6500lb+ boat so 1) x5s out and 2) I looked for a found a CD with stock tow package. Do understand that even with tow package you will likely need to buy the plug converter that connects to US trailer 7 point harnesses, there are other strings in this forum the address the pollack part you will need.

So far very happy with the Cayenne, came out of a Land Rover discover sport which my wife hated, especially the electronics. She is happy with all the buttons in cayenne and I am very pleased with the driving dynamics.
Old 05-31-2018, 02:59 AM
RS-America
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 100 Posts

It is my understanding that for original owners the basic new diesel warranty was doubled making it twice what is listed below:
• Basic warranty: 48 months/50,000miles
• Corrosion perforation warranty: 144 months/ unlimited distance
• Powertrain warranty: 48 months/50,000miles
• Roadside assistance coverage: 48 months/50,000miles

Last edited by RS-America; 05-31-2018 at 02:59 AM. Reason: format
Old 06-05-2018, 10:55 AM
hotrod2448
Pro

I think I found the vehicle. I don't think it's missing anything major but, I'm a bit uncertain about the differences between the platinum package, premium and premium plus packages. I understand there is no pano roof on this which I would like to have but, do not need it. Is there anything I might assume is part of the platinum package, because it's in the premium or premium plus package, and wish was on this car?

Old 06-05-2018, 12:47 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

^ It is a solid car. Missing roof rails and air suspension which are both personal preferences. Good one to get for sure.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:10 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Platinum models come at the end of the model run and is usually considered a model by itself. In this case 2014 being the last year before the refresh. It is basically Porsche adding options to add value on a car to encourage a potential buyer to buy. Otherwise, premium and premium plus are the normal packages.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:05 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
Platinum models come at the end of the model run and is usually considered a model by itself. In this case 2014 being the last year before the refresh. It is basically Porsche adding options to add value on a car to encourage a potential buyer to buy. Otherwise, premium and premium plus are the normal packages.
The technical phrase used by car dealers to describe this is "Lets put some lipstick on this pig and move it off the floor.." - the Titanium edition 2006 S was the same thing. Thing is - I liked the lipstick they used so I bought one - used.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:55 PM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 76 Posts

Solid options. In my notes when shopping, I wrote this:

Convenience: Nav, Xenon headlights (standard on 2015), dimming mirrors, heated front seats

Premium: Convenience, park assist F&R, 14 way (comfort) seats with memory, rearview camera

Premium Plus: Premium + electric sunblind side windows, VENTILATED SEATS, lane change assist, Light comfort package (ambient lighting), heated rear seats (on 2015, also includes LED headlights)

Platinum Edition: Platinum Silver exterior accents, 19-inch wheels, a sunroof, front and rear parking sensors, adaptive bi-xenon headlights, auto-dimming mirrors, a sport steering wheel, heated front seats, a navigation system, driver memory settings and a 14-speaker Bose surround-sound audio system.

Quick Reply: 2014-15 Cayenne D questions