Sponsored By:

Auto Stop... STOPPED. T-Design9 memory module for Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2020, 09:13 PM
Bill Mitchell
Pro

Received 419 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by westsiderkg
Question about the T-Design sport mode module.

If I keep my 958 in sport mode, what will happen with pasm (suspension) settings everytime I start the cars ignition?

For instance, if I shut the car ignition off in sport mode, and pasm in comfort mode, will the car restart in sport/comfort or sport/sport?

My ideal setting is sport/comfort. Hope this is the option to remain in last setting.

Csn anyone chime in who has the tdesign module? Vlad didn't know for certain. Tks.
I don't have the comfort option, but I do have sport mode and I leave it on all the time. Occasionally I will crank the car and its off( happened this morning for the first time in a long while) but mostly it works as advertised, sport mode is on every time.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:55 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 3,011 Likes on 1,782 Posts

The vendor is "Former Vendor". What happened?
Old 01-20-2020, 08:57 AM
westsiderkg
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 91 Posts

Nothing happened. Should I not purchase from this vendor for some reason????
Old 01-20-2020, 09:07 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,794 Likes on 4,326 Posts

I don't know one way or the other on this vendor, but sometimes vendors who have limited product offerings find that the fees associated with being an official vendor aren't justified by the sales numbers so they no longer keep paying vendor sponsorship money and use eBay or some other marketing channel.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:51 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 139 Posts

Ok, I checked. If you engage Sport mode while the ignition is running, it will automatically change the suspension mode to Sport, also.

The T-Design box mimics key presses and remembers what was last set. It replays the Auto Start/Stop button engage/disenage, along with Sport mode. When you restart the module waits a second or two and re-sends the Sport and Auto Stop/Start button presses.

This has the side-effect of triggering the vehicle's own change of the suspension setting to Sport mode.

I suspect if the module code was changed to replay the last known suspension setting AFTER the Sport button it would work. But right now, as it's installed in mine, it does not. The vehicle overrides the suspension setting on it's own when Sport is engaged.

Stop/start, however, remains tracked properly and that was the entire reason I bought it.

I'd forgotten how twitchy Sport mode makes the accelerator. It's got a MUCH shorter engagement curve when in Sport mode.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:04 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,794 Likes on 4,326 Posts

Originally Posted by wkearney99
Ok, I checked. If you engage Sport mode while the ignition is running, it will automatically change the suspension mode to Sport, also.

The T-Design box mimics key presses and remembers what was last set. It replays the Auto Start/Stop button engage/disenage, along with Sport mode. When you restart the module waits a second or two and re-sends the Sport and Auto Stop/Start button presses.

This has the side-effect of triggering the vehicle's own change of the suspension setting to Sport mode.

I suspect if the module code was changed to replay the last known suspension setting AFTER the Sport button it would work. But right now, as it's installed in mine, it does not. The vehicle overrides the suspension setting on it's own when Sport is engaged.

Stop/start, however, remains tracked properly and that was the entire reason I bought it.

I'd forgotten how twitchy Sport mode makes the accelerator. It's got a MUCH shorter engagement curve when in Sport mode.
I don't know about in the 958, but in the 957 TTS, the PSM Off button is like an additional Sport mode button or a SuperSport mode button. It does way more than just turn off the traction control - it puts the car into full beast mode - it's crazy. If you've never tried it, you should. Holds the revs longer even when in full automatic mode, car seems to make more power, downshifts for turns earlier, etc.

I can only use that mode with my son - my wife and/or daughter would freak out.
Old 05-02-2020, 03:04 AM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 300 Likes on 193 Posts

We are back!
As Bill wkearney99 correctly described, our module just mimics button presses. All the other logic that particular button press causes - will happen as usual.

Oh, and memory module for the SC **** is coming real soon!

Vlad
T-Design9.com
Cupdholders, Sunglass Holsters and more at T-Design9.com

Old 05-02-2020, 01:13 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by t-design
We are back!
As Bill wkearney99 correctly described, our module just mimics button presses. All the other logic that particular button press causes - will happen as usual.

Oh, and memory module for the SC **** is coming real soon!

Vlad
T-Design9.com
Welcome back Vlad,

Can I assume by this post you're talking with the sponsor guys about becoming a vendor again? Otherwise... well, gotta be a sponsor to post stuff like this for sale.
Old 05-02-2020, 01:46 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by deilenberger
Welcome back Vlad,

Can I assume by this post you're talking with the sponsor guys about becoming a vendor again? Otherwise... well, gotta be a sponsor to post stuff like this for sale.
Yes, I just signed a vendor agreement ystd with Jarrod. I guess it takes some time to update account to reflect that
Old 05-03-2020, 01:00 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by t-design
Yes, I just signed a vendor agreement ystd with Jarrod. I guess it takes some time to update account to reflect that
Cool. Welcome back!
Old 05-08-2020, 04:17 PM
Caudy
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I liked the idea of this.. Until I saw the price.

Cool idea all the same though.
Old 05-08-2020, 04:20 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Caudy
I liked the idea of this.. Until I saw the price. Cool idea all the same though.
It's a one-off kind of product that has to be tailored for each model that comes out. It ain't gonna be cheap, unfortunately.
Old 05-08-2020, 05:40 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by wkearney99
It's a one-off kind of product that has to be tailored for each model that comes out. It ain't gonna be cheap, unfortunately.
But it is still the cheapest mod for our cars! Compare to the price of simple aftermarket exhaust. Or ANY of the 911 factory options...
Old 05-10-2020, 03:55 PM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Received 326 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Caudy
I liked the idea of this.. Until I saw the price.

Cool idea all the same though.
I agree. I am sure the Price: $229 is justified. I'll just press the button. $229 will go towards a single malt and cuban sticks.
The following users liked this post:
Caudy (05-10-2020)
Old 05-10-2020, 06:33 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dr. G7
I agree. I am sure the Price: $229 is justified. I'll just press the button. $229 will go towards a single malt and cuban sticks.
But all the profit would go towards scotch and cigars anyway! ')))

Quick Reply: Auto Stop... STOPPED. T-Design9 memory module for Cayenne