Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New Member (to be)! - Looking for 2012-2014 Turbo with Sport Design Package. Rare?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 02:31 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default New Member (to be)! - Looking for 2012-2014 Turbo with Sport Design Package. Rare?

Hello All!

So this is my first post on this forum.

Long time Audi guy getting excited for the switch (hopefully).

So as the title states, I want to get the 958 CTT. 2012-2013 is my main focus.

One thing I decided on, which has been discussed many times, is that I love the look of the GTS but want the FI side of the Turbo (have had an aftermarket supercharger G35 and TT Audi...don't think I want NA again) ~

So I know you can get a Turbo to look like a GTS by getting the Sports Design Package. Here's the problem, I have been looking for weeks now and haven't come across one currently for sale. How rare is it to find a turbo with the Sports Design Package?

I'll be patient and keep looking. I am particular and want it in white so I may have to wait a while or the perfect car to come around. Where's the best place to look? I've kept track of ebayMotors, Autotrader and Cars.com. Anywhere else I should be looking?

Thanks everyone! Look forward to one day being part of your family!

Jason
Old 03-03-2017, 03:30 PM
BladeMD
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

You can use the Porsche website to look for used cars from official dealers. Makes it easy to see the exact packages that are on the cars.

I've been using cars.com and CarGurus as well to get market data and see other offerings other than from Pdealers.

To see the exact packages on those cars, I use this site:

http://www.vindecoderz.com

Last edited by BladeMD; 03-04-2017 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:10 PM
TrackJunke
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Check out Pca classifieds. I think one just popped up
Old 03-03-2017, 05:57 PM
dz997 tts
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by g8tor20
Hello All!

So this is my first post on this forum.

Long time Audi guy getting excited for the switch (hopefully).

So as the title states, I want to get the 958 CTT. 2012-2013 is my main focus.

One thing I decided on, which has been discussed many times, is that I love the look of the GTS but want the FI side of the Turbo (have had an aftermarket supercharger G35 and TT Audi...don't think I want NA again) ~

So I know you can get a Turbo to look like a GTS by getting the Sports Design Package. Here's the problem, I have been looking for weeks now and haven't come across one currently for sale. How rare is it to find a turbo with the Sports Design Package?

I'll be patient and keep looking. I am particular and want it in white so I may have to wait a while or the perfect car to come around. Where's the best place to look? I've kept track of ebayMotors, Autotrader and Cars.com. Anywhere else I should be looking?

Thanks everyone! Look forward to one day being part of your family!

Jason
jason, you should be aware that a turbo or turbo s will not sit as low as a GTS. i have a 2014 turbo s with the sport design package you are after. i found after getting my truck that it could not be driven in "load level " which is the height that you would most likely want. i had to get a lowering module that brought it close to the lowered stance of the GTS. good luck with your search . i also believe that the turbo s will more often than not have the sport design package , (nothing wrong with 550 hp ). dan
Old 03-03-2017, 06:01 PM
dz997 tts
Racer

Originally Posted by dz997 tts
jason, you should be aware that a turbo or turbo s will not sit as low as a GTS. i have a 2014 turbo s with the sport design package you are after. i found after getting my truck that it could not be driven in "load level " which is the height that you would most likely want. i had to get a lowering module that brought it close to the lowered stance of the GTS. good luck with your search . i also believe that the turbo s will more often than not have the sport design package , (nothing wrong with 550 hp ). dan
i know you prefer white but i noticed a nice black turbo s on eBay now . dan
Old 03-03-2017, 06:06 PM
dz997 tts
Racer

Originally Posted by dz997 tts
i know you prefer white but i noticed a nice black turbo s on eBay now . dan
2014 WHITE TURBO S on eBay now in omaha neb. dan
Old 03-04-2017, 10:27 AM
g8tor20
Instructor

Thank you guys for the help! I'll check out those other sites.

Nice to know the Turbo S usually comes with the package. Problem is that we set our budget to be $60k or below. So the 2014s haven't quite got there yet and certainly not the Turbo S.

So I will continue to check out the sites mentioned and keep looking.

As a side note, the day I registered for this site (yesterday), my Audi Q decided to break down last night with 62k miles. She got the tow of shame. I think she could sense the betrayal
Old 03-07-2017, 12:53 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

Well, I found a great TT in white with the Sports Design Package even though it's a little over my intended budget...Buuuuuuut it doesn't have PDCC. From what I have read, some seem to think the PDCC is one of the single most desired option from a performance standpoint.

I couldn't even find too many GTS with the PDCC. Are PDCC Turbos or GTS' that rare?
Old 03-07-2017, 06:01 PM
dz997 tts
Racer

Well, I found a great TT in white with the Sports Design Package even though it's a little over my intended budget...Buuuuuuut it doesn't have PDCC. From what I have read, some seem to think the PDCC is one of the single most desired option from a performance standpoint.

I couldn't even find too many GTS with the PDCC. Are PDCC Turbos or GTS' that rare?
g8tor, your question prompted me to take a look at my 14 tts. to begin with there is no separate control or switch for PDCC on the center console. what i have is PASM , 3 chassis setups -comfort , normal, sport. after selection PDCC automatically activates the corresponding driving program. i would guess most turbos and gts are similar ,maybe others can post about their cars. PASM, PDCC too many features to keep track of ! good luck with the search ! dan
Old 03-07-2017, 06:51 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

It is my understand (and I could be completely wrong) but all cayenne's come with Porsche's PSM. Then Turbos get the air suspension standard but PDCC is an option. Then with Turbo S, you get both standard.

Evidently not very many people order the PDCC as an option even though this forum really likes it. (Understanding forums attract the enthusiasts.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:48 PM
dz997 tts
Racer

It is my understand (and I could be completely wrong) but all cayenne's come with Porsche's PSM. Then Turbos get the air suspension standard but PDCC is an option. Then with Turbo S, you get both standard.

Evidently not very many people order the PDCC as an option even though this forum really likes it. (Understanding forums attract the enthusiasts.
g8tor , i think you are right , after i posted did a little research and PDCC was standard on the turbo s , i didn't even know if i had it or not . anyway i don't think you really would notice if you did not have it on your car. dan
Old 03-07-2017, 07:56 PM
dz997 tts
Racer

g8tor, here's a picture of mine with the sport design , not white but hope it encourages you to make the move ! dan
Attached Images  
Old 03-07-2017, 09:13 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

Correct. 958 Turbos with either PDCC and/or PTV+ are fairly rare. Those options were available individually or as part of the Sport Package (code PU5 IIRC). With the Sport Package you get PDCC, PTV+, and the Sport steering wheel with the paddle shifters (replacing the standard multi-function steering wheel). The Sport Package offered a considerable cost savings versus buying the options individually.

Unfortunately most CTTs ordered by the dealers lacked these performance options. Seems most of the CTTs with these options were ordered that way by customers.

I hunted for quite a while before I found my PU5 equipped CTT this past summer. They're out there, but just not that plentiful. Best of luck with your quest. I think those options are worth having, I've owned and driven Cayennes with and without.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:56 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

White Turbo with sport design in Dallas.

No PU5

http://www.parkplace.com/VehicleDeta...-TX/2928207903
Old 03-07-2017, 11:08 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

She's a beauty Dan! I def want the sports design package!

Texas, thanks for searching. That's the one I mentioned above. I reached out to them and got all the info. You are right, no PDCC. It's tough to know for sure, but seems like if someone drives these things hard, they would want the PDCC. I'll keep my search on for the right one. She's gotta be out there....right? 😬

Quick Reply: New Member (to be)! - Looking for 2012-2014 Turbo with Sport Design Package. Rare?