Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Is Sport Exhaust an option on GTS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 02:44 AM
doba_s
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Is Sport Exhaust an option on GTS?

I am looking to get 2013-2014 GTS (love the sound of the V8) and i noticed some cars come with a PSE button and some don't. Can't seems to find it on the options list either.
Attached Images   
Old 12-04-2016, 11:03 AM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 86 Posts

It has PSE but its activated in the sport mode. My 2009 GTS is setup the same way, no PSE button. You can manually override this by plugging the vacuum lines to the exhaust flappers.

This will provide V8 rumble without the rest of the Sport Mode features.

I never found it to be excessively loud to consider reversing this mod.

Last edited by v10rick; 12-04-2016 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:35 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by doba_s
I am looking to get 2013-2014 GTS (love the sound of the V8) and i noticed some cars come with a PSE button and some don't. Can't seems to find it on the options list either.
Both the 2013 and 2014 GTS comes standard with the PSE. The 2013 does not have the 'exhaust' button (as shown in your top photo), but the 2014 does (bottom photo).

On the 2013 the PSE is activated in Sport mode (pressing the Sport button), same on the 2014. With the '14 however, you can press the 'exhaust' button at any time to open the flaps/valves on the PSE without being in Sport mode, as I understand it.
Old 12-04-2016, 02:10 PM
doba_s
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Ok thanks for the info! It is nice to have a button to activate PSE.
Old 12-21-2019, 05:03 PM
benstaples
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My question is, can a PSE button be added to a 2013 so that PSE is activated separately from sport mode?
Old 10-12-2020, 08:41 AM
imalek
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hi everybody,

how is it possible to get it in the 2013 S model ?by replacing the button, wiring is ready or as usual, Porsche does not leave extra wiring.?
Old 10-13-2020, 01:48 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 201 Likes on 138 Posts

That button console is ONE unit. There are a dozen different part numbers for it. The options determine which panel to use.

You cannot add buttons to it, as it's just one assembly, the buttons are not separate. Under each button position there's a rubber membrane sheet that contacts a single circuit board. The board then connects to the rest of the vehicle using a 2-wire LIN bus connection.

Then the button panel is programmed by the dealer as part of a vehicle update.

So, no, you can't just 'add a button'.
The following users liked this post:
tokiori (08-11-2024)
Old 10-13-2020, 01:49 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 201 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by imalek
how is it possible to get it in the 2013 S model ?by replacing the button, wiring is ready or as usual, Porsche does not leave extra wiring.?
The vehicles are all built to order, so unless a feature was ordered during production, no, there won't be extra wiring.
Old 08-11-2024, 05:46 PM
tokiori
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi there, wondering if i could ask you this.

i had rodent damage, making air suspension not work. sports mode didnt activate, car was stiff as if it had no suspension at all.

my mechanic said i was the 5th cayenne customer that month from my town. we have too many rats.

a week after he fixed it, the sport chassis button stopped working. sports mode still works, everything else still works, sports mode lowers the car, puts on louder exhaust/open valves or whatever it is. and in sports mode, if i put it in regular chassis mode, that works. so, still louder but the suspension more comfy again. all 5 different ride heights work, as do all the off road functions.

when i then -- still in sports mode but on normal chassis mode -- press the sports chassis button, nothing happens. it does not light up, and doesnt change the suspension stiffness. in other words, in order to change the car into stiffer suspension, i always have to engage sports mode. which is fun but a bit annoying as it immediately downshifts whether or not i like it, make the car more aggressive.

i am wondering if it's just the button? the button does light up when i put it in sports mode, however, when in normal mode, when pressing the sports chassis button, it does not light up. pressing comfort mode works, lights up. back to normal mode, same thing. but just nothing when pressing sports chassis mode. wondering if thats a remnant of the rodent damage or whether i should try replacing the whole unit with all those buttons.

you speak of circuits beneath those buttons. i am going to assume this is not a idiot proof fix, taking off that unit. can literally a contact be off or corroded just on that one button? i am done spending money on this car, everything works amazingly, except like i said, pressing the sports chassis button.

thanks!
Old 08-11-2024, 11:09 PM
928 GT R
Rennlist Member

Received 5,612 Likes on 2,151 Posts

This is why the higher optioned ethics carry a premium price...

Comes with the turf!

Quick Reply: Is Sport Exhaust an option on GTS?