Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 08:24 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 689 Likes on 489 Posts
Default PDCC resevior Cayenne Turbo 958

Me again.

Just about to make a deal on a car advertised to have the sport package, containing, of course, PTV and PDCC.

Vin run doesn't show option code PU5 (sport package) but rather just for the Sport steering wheel and sport design package with side skirts.

Dealer has already made mistake of saying the car had front ventilated seats, which it does not.

I've searched and seen the threads and pictures of the GREEN reservoir cap along the drivers side rear of the engine bay. threads indicate this is PDCC res.

Is this definatley and indicator of PDCC?

I am running VIN with Suncoast but have not gotten anything back yet.

Thanks for your help....I'm in a jam as we are just about done the deal, or so I thought.

Jamie
Old 08-31-2016, 09:23 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Found thread with spot on pics , salesman taking pics now.....I'm not holding out much hope.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:41 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Car is not as advertised....surprise!

No sport package.

Thank goodness I triple checked option sheet, truthfully I probably would never have known, not having another car to compare it to.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:45 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

Check the VIN at the link below. It'll give you all the details you need. If it has the PU5 Sport Package, or PDCC and PTV+ as individual options, it'll tell you for sure. If it doesn't come up on the options list, you can pretty much be assured the vehicle doesn't have it.

http://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Porsche
Old 09-01-2016, 12:11 AM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CarGuyNVA
Check the VIN at the link below. It'll give you all the details you need. If it has the PU5 Sport Package, or PDCC and PTV+ as individual options, it'll tell you for sure. If it doesn't come up on the options list, you can pretty much be assured the vehicle doesn't have it.

http://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Porsche
I had already run the VIN but missed the ommission of "sport package" the first few times through as there were many options in the ball park. I was just about to sign the contract when I took one last look and noticed PU5 was absent. Given the fact they said it had ventilated seats when it did not I launched a full scale investigation.

The salesman, thinking the car was awesome, insisted that it must have the missing ingredients.

Finally the picture cleared it up. No PDCC.

Truth be told the car is still a pretty good deal but the fact that it is a plane flight away (making it so that I must sell, rather than trade my Macan), is a bit more than I wanted to spend, has $1400 worth of BS "dealer fees" added on and only 8 months left on original warranty probabely makes it a pass.

If it was closer, and the trade a possibility, I'd probably go for it. I like the Turbo with the GTS package, although I think, it probabley still sits higher.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:32 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

Good to hear you clarified everything before you penned the deal on that one. Again I'd suggest holding out for the options you know you really want. They're out there with PDCC, PTV, and even the complete PU5 Sport Package, but they're not common. When you find one and acquire it, you'll be so glad you waited.

And you're correct about the Turbo versus GTS ride height. The GTS suspension specs have it riding slightly lower than the Turbo, regardless of whether the Turbo has the Sport Design body package or not.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:44 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CarGuyNVA
Good to hear you clarified everything before you penned the deal on that one. Again I'd suggest holding out for the options you know you really want. They're out there with PDCC, PTV, and even the complete PU5 Sport Package, but they're not common. When you find one and acquire it, you'll be so glad you waited.

And you're correct about the Turbo versus GTS ride height. The GTS suspension specs have it riding slightly lower than the Turbo, regardless of whether the Turbo has the Sport Design body package or not.
Thanks for the clarification on the ride height.

I may be back in the game with the car despite the no PDCC, PTV....I got a nice offer on my trade and really like the car otherwise....19,000 miles, sport package, deviated stitching, sport apearance package. Not crazy about red seatbelts but....

Has 8 months or original warranty left as well.

Maybe I'm more show than go at the moment, the car is just fantastic looking. I live in an are with not the greatest driving roads and most of my sporting out comes during on and off ramps.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:51 AM
scallyk9
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking at a 2009 CTTS right now and I thought an item standard to a certain model, in this case a Turbo S, won't show up as an itemized "option" on the window sticker or build sheet by VIN. Am I incorrect in this. Do I need to look for a green cap? I drove this car and the air suspension worked over it's full range.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:33 AM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

^^

Yes, any standard item will not show on the options side of a build sheet. If it is listed as standard it will be there.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:59 AM
Argento
Track Day

For PDCC you are actually looking for 2 green caps. 1 is for normal ATF, which all cayennes have, and second is for PDCC
Old 09-14-2016, 12:20 AM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 606 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by Argento
For PDCC you are actually looking for 2 green caps. 1 is for normal ATF, which all cayennes have, and second is for PDCC
sorta... unless you are going to undo the panels in the engine compartment, you are actually looking for 2 reservoirs since only the power steering cap is visible; the PDCC cap is completely covered by the black cover panel but the reservoir sticks out making it visible.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:31 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,916 Likes on 1,728 Posts

You can also look under the car in the middle of the sway bar you will see a small metal tank with 2 hoses running into it. That's your PDCC

Old 09-14-2016, 06:15 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,510 Likes on 4,145 Posts

PDCC is standard on all '09 Turbo S Cayennes. It will also be written on the cupholder side of the gearshift surround trim in little black letters.

Originally Posted by scallyk9
I'm looking at a 2009 CTTS right now and I thought an item standard to a certain model, in this case a Turbo S, won't show up as an itemized "option" on the window sticker or build sheet by VIN. Am I incorrect in this. Do I need to look for a green cap? I drove this car and the air suspension worked over it's full range.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:00 PM
scallyk9
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Petza914
PDCC is standard on all '09 Turbo S Cayennes. It will also be written on the cupholder side of the gearshift surround trim in little black letters.
I noticed "PDCC" on the selector drum during my second test drive and after letting them mull things over for four days, I purchased the car. It does have PDCC and coincidentally, the shared pump and PDCC reservoir are being replaced today by a Porsche dealer as I write this. That and the passenger side mirror servo/motor which had a mind of it's own. Something about the boost being re-programmed also.

Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: PDCC resevior Cayenne Turbo 958