Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Quick thoughts on used 2013 CTT?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 01:21 PM
yzeater
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick thoughts on used 2013 CTT?

Hey all-

I've been shopping for a used Cayenne for the last few months, and this seems to be the best deal I've come across. Anyone want to weigh in with their opinion?

20k miles, $65,500 price. The carfax says there was an accident that was repaired on the left side. 2 owners.

2013 Cayenne Turbo
White
1D6
Trailer hitch without tow ball
3FU
Panorama Roof System
7D7
Six-Disc Changer
9VJ
Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System
CK0
21" Cayenne SportEdition Wheel with Wheel Arch Extension
FZ5
Seat Belts in Cognac
PH7
Carbon Fiber Interior Package Including Selector Lever
PU4
Premium Package Plus
PU5
Sport Package
QR5
Sport Chrono Package
UN1
Online Services
VB
Two-tone Natural Leather Interior in Espresso/Cognac

Here's the car:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-Caye...-/182170773417
Old 07-26-2016, 02:36 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,144 Likes on 759 Posts

The carfax accident report really takes at least $10k off the value IMHO.. that might change if you can get details of what the accident repairs consisted of (like a copy of the repair bill) - but that discount will travel with the car forever and make it difficult to resell when you're tired of it. How does this price compare with one same miles/clean carfax?

Other than that - it's a fairly well equipped car. I like the two color interior. Doesn't look like it has the glass black exterior trim option (looks sorta flat-black). Wheels have some scratching/rash. Doesn't appear to have the adaptive cruise control - one of those things you don't really know you need until the first time you use it - then it's WOW.. this is great.

CAUTIONS:
Dealer's photos are a bit questionable. They don't enlarge, and somehow look a bit fuzzy. I'd ask for better photos if you're bidding blind (not seeing the vehicle) and I'd for sure want a PPI by a Porsche dealer before making any sort of bid.

Most dealers who sell on eBay will pay the carfax/autocheck fee so anyone interested can view the report - it's a bit telling that this dealer isn't.

Says 2 owners - is that for real or simply a leasing company thing? If it is for real - I'd be puzzled why two owners in so few miles/years.

I'd be cautious about this one - if you can reach an agreement that if you win the bid, the buy is subject to your approval on inspection of the vehicle (assuming you don't see it beforehand) then it might be an OK deal, provided the cautions above are satisfied and the price really reflects the Carfax damage report.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:19 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,045 Likes on 663 Posts

All Don's comments are first & foremost. Cover the basis with his comments,... then go from there.

I like the options this one has...

PU5: PDCC & PTV will really peak the performance threshold. Looks like I can just barely see the PDCC reservoir lines in the engine pic. You will love how that transforms the SUV. I have it in my 2012 CTT (white too).

18 way seat foam is firm, but if you plan to autocross it, then the bigger bolsters will definitely help. But if this is planned for long trips, then I hope you are slender in the hips, cuz these seats will pinch {a large hockey butt like mine}.

I have the Espresso/Cognac & Burmester too,... and both of those also really help push it over the top.

I agree with Don,... if you can determine what type of side accident it received,... then price should reflect.

Do you know what the original MSRP was on this? I ask, because it was my litmus test back when I was purchasing. 1.5 yrs ago I picked up my '12 CTT w/ 16k miles for $75k. It was a $150k MSRP.
This one has some expensive options,.... so depending on how that stacked up, you may get a better idea whether the $65k already reflects the accident,... or whether you should cap yourself at a much lower bid.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:28 PM
yzeater
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by bweSteve
Do you know what the original MSRP was on this?
$132k.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Will try to get some more info on the history.

Unfortunately there aren't too many of these lightly used white turbos out there, makes shopping hard!
Old 07-26-2016, 04:11 PM
rloggie
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be patient, you'll find a low miles example with pretty much everything you want if you are. For me the 18 way seats would break the deal. I tried to like them but in the end they were too hard for any kind of distance. Plus my wife of 107 lbs also was uncomfortable with them. She likes the 14 way comfort seats. I just bought a 2011 with 20K miles, they're out there.
Old 07-27-2016, 12:06 PM
mjb2503
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Love the interior color, looks superb with the white. Low mileage is a plus as are the options, it ticks a lot of the right boxes there. The damage is a con, agree it'd be wise to investigate that further. If you're shopping around, I have a CTT for sale with similar options (no damage and CPO warranty), shoot me a PM if you'd like any details.
Old 07-27-2016, 12:11 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,788 Likes on 1,667 Posts

2013 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Division:
PCNA
Commission #:

Prod Month:
03/2013
VIN:
WP1AC2A29DLA92879
Price:
$132,360.00
Exterior:
White
Interior:
Two-tone Natural Leather Interior in Espresso/Cogn
Additional Equipment
0Q
White
1D6
Trailer hitch without tow ball
3FU
Panorama Roof System
7D7
Six-Disc Changer
9VJ
Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System
CK0
21" Cayenne SportEdition Wheel with Wheel Arch Extension
FZ5
Seat Belts in Cognac
PH7
Carbon Fiber Interior Package Including Selector Lever
PU4
Premium Package Plus
PU5
Sport Package
QR5
Sport Chrono Package
UN1
Online Services
VB
Two-tone Natural Leather Interior in Espresso/Cognac

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 07-27-2016 at 12:48 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 12:47 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,788 Likes on 1,667 Posts

All Don's comments are first & foremost. Cover the basis with his comments,... then go from there.

I like the options this one has...

PU5: PDCC & PTV will really peak the performance threshold. Looks like I can just barely see the PDCC reservoir lines in the engine pic. You will love how that transforms the SUV. I have it in my 2012 CTT (white too).

I don't think this has PDDC or PTV. PTV code is 1Y1 and PDCC is 0AW. Correct me if I'm wrong. I just don't want to the op to be misled and pick up a vehicle that with options that aren't there.

On another note. I picked up my 2011 CTT, with Bur, PDCC PTV and a slew of other things for over 10k less than what that is selling for. Here's the kicker. Mine had 15,500 miles on it and came to me CPO'd
Old 07-27-2016, 01:46 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Bad clock module, one of the hands fell off the small dial (you can see it at the bottom):

Old 07-27-2016, 02:02 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
I don't think this has PDDC or PTV. PTV code is 1Y1 and PDCC is 0AW. Correct me if I'm wrong. I just don't want to the op to be misled and pick up a vehicle that with options that aren't there.
PU5 is the "Sport Package", which gives him both PDCC & PTV. The other codes you mention are if you buy them individually. Or if you are looking at the FULL build sheet, it will show you the PU5 as well as the individual two codes 1Y1 & 0AW that make up the PU5 package.

And regarding the price point, for the options on the vehicle, RAudi is right, the asking price is a bit high,... hence my comment about using the original MSRP as a gauge. Based on the orig $132k MSRP, and assuming the accident repair was just a door dent,.. this vehicle should have a "asking" price in the high 50's, and a sell price in the $53k - $56k range.

20k miles (verses your 15.5k, or my 16k miles) is a nit. It is low mileage regardless. But as Don said in post #2, why 2 owners in such a short period of miles? I can see maybe the first owner got the door ding (or maybe it was worse?), & decided to take the opportunity to unload / upgrade. But the 2nd owner? Usually a leasing company, or auction acquisition will not actually "title" the vehicle in their own name. So I suspect a real 2nd owner bought it,.. but then made the decision to unload, yet a 2nd time in it's short history. That to me would be the real red flag to investigate. Although it may be next to impossible to get that real story.

And why is it for sale on eBay? That to me is another red flag. It's easy to unload on eBay, cuz it's easier for the seller to soft pedal any questions that come in. Plus, once you "buy" it there, even if you put in a clause for PPI, it still makes it a PIA to get your money back if the story unfolds afterwards, and you decide you don't want it. I would not take the risk (unless yzeater is local to Fort Myers FLA, and can inspect first-hand. Even then I would probably let the eBay auction end, THEN start the negotiation process with them in person).

GL!!
=Steve
Old 07-27-2016, 02:26 PM
Joel 67
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

RE: 2 owners, I have seen vehicles come off lease and get purchased by the lease holder, who then may sell or trade the car a short while later. Technically a 2 owner vehicle even though the same person drove it the entire time.

Looking at the Carfax for this, it seems taht they are listing it as a 1 owner.

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...AC2A29DLA92879
Old 07-27-2016, 03:28 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

good point. Ownership started Nov '13, finished 2yr3mo later in Feb '16, and has now sat for sale since then.
Where is the reported accident?
Old 07-27-2016, 04:33 PM
deilenberger
Banned

good point. Ownership started Nov '13, finished 2yr3mo later in Feb '16, and has now sat for sale since then.
Where is the reported accident?
That's a long time for sale.. and was the accident report on Autocheck?? (I know the OP said Carfax - but the listing offers Autocheck on a pay/per/view basis.)
Old 07-31-2016, 03:08 PM
scott_2011
1st Gear

I'm in the same boat, on the prowl for a later model Cayenne Turbo and actually ran into this exact car - AutoMatch Ft. Myers. The dealer didn't give me much confidence talking to them on the phone. They said it was a great car, blah blah blah. Most of the cars they sell are much less expensive than this, so their "nice car" subjective grade might be a bit different than that from a Porsche dealer. They told me it was a trade-in at a local Tesla dealership and it sounds like Tesla punted it to them instead of a more reputable Porsche dealer. Read on to find out why... Being out of state, I couldn't easily pop in to see it in person so I actually arranged and paid for a pre-purchase inspection in June from the Porsche dealer nearby in Ft. Myers. Money well spent - my advice is to walk/run away on this one. I don't have the inspection report anymore (but could probably email the Porsche dealer that did it, if you really want it). Yes, it appeared to have been in an accident, which AutoMatch didn't disclose (or the CarFax when I ran it). Per the Porsche dealer and from what I can remember: alignment was way off (fixable, but not a normal occurrence), accident repair done quite poorly (they could see the mismatched paint before even doing a paint meter on it), all wheels were scuffed, passenger seat leather had some burn mark on it that was repaired poorly, rear seat leather was sagging quite a bit, rear tailgate paint was in rough shape - they could see orange peel in the paint, water condensation in the side marker lenses. Ok, I'll stop, you get the point... The service advisor at Porsche that ran the report basically concluded this had a pretty rough life in its very few miles, so someone beat the crap out of a $130k car and tried to fix it cheaply. Awesome combo. The sales manager at AutoMatch called me a few days later to see if there was any price I'd take for it. I said no, it's not worth the hassle, then ran down the report card back. That was that. At some deeply discounted price, it's probably a good pick-up, but it would have to be in the low $50's at that point for me, as I'd always know there was such a questionable history with its first couple years of ownership. Hope that helps.
Old 07-31-2016, 03:15 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Scott, great info, and shows the value of a PPI by a dealer. I suspect the reason that car has been for sale so long is people who looked at it in person got bad karma vibes from it..

Quick Reply: Quick thoughts on used 2013 CTT?