2013 GTS - need input

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 06:14 PM
RussianMA
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2013 GTS - need input

Hi everyone,

I have been initially looking to buy 09-10 CTT or GTS with the budget of $30-35k. Unfortunately, I quickly realized that it is pretty much impossible to find such 1-owner vehicle from a Porsche dealership, equipped with the necessary options at this price.

Question 1:

It seems to me that it makes sense to look at the 958 S/GTS/Turbo now, as their prices depreciated quite a bit and it is possible to find a relatively equal mileage 958 S/GTS for ~ $10-12k premium - which I assume is worth the money?

Question 2 - the car I've found:

2013 Cayenne GTS; 87k miles for $45k; (pictures attached)

Original price: $104k
1-owner
Serviced only at Porsche dealership; all records available; great reviews of the dealership
PDCC, PASM (I assume no PTV+ since it doesn't have the sport package)

My concerns:

1) Two months prior to being sold, it had a recall - "Check circlip on bearing bracket for pedals" - pure coincidence?

2) 87k miles (24k per year) in Maine - rust could be a problem? Given the rural location, I am sure that these are mostly highway miles and it was in a garage during the winter...but still...

3) Any other issues to be aware of with this year/model? I've looked around on the forum, and only found information about the cam adjuster bolts and transfer case issues.

4) And, of course, finally...is it worth the money in your opinion?

I would greatly appreciate any kind of input on anything that I have mentioned - thank you guys!
Attached Images     
Old 05-30-2016, 08:04 PM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 87 Posts

The dealer site mentions***warranty***
Depending on what it covers and length of time your concerns may be covered.

Forget the MSRP, Cayenne's depreciate like nothing else, well maybe a Yugo. lol

It is equipped with PDCC which is a plus, according to many posters on this forum.

Values vary according to local market conditions. Would I pay 45K for a Cayenne GTS with 87K mi.? Unless it was CPO I doubt it.

Last edited by v10rick; 05-30-2016 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:34 PM
Dokebi1221
Instructor

Hmmm...87k miles seems to be on the high side IMO, but if that number doesn't scare you, price is about right for MY 13. Probably can go even lower. If I were you, I will look for much lower miles MY 12. The patience is the key here.

Are you okay with the beige interior though?...
Old 05-31-2016, 04:50 PM
RussianMA
2nd Gear

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Originally Posted by Dokebi1221
Hmmm...87k miles seems to be on the high side IMO, but if that number doesn't scare you, price is about right for MY 13. Probably can go even lower. If I were you, I will look for much lower miles MY 12. The patience is the key here.

Are you okay with the beige interior though?...
87k miles is certainly on the high side for this year, but I assume that it had good servicing at the dealership...plus I have a trustworthy independent Porsche mechanic, which makes it a bit easier...
KBB values for this car range from $43k to $45k depending on a condition. I suppose I can make an argument that it would be rather hard to sell given the beige interior and red exterior? How much would be reasonable to negotiate - down to $42-43k?

I love the beige interior/red exterior - not too practical, I know...but I was hooked immediately as I saw this "one-owner" "dealership-serviced" car just 100 miles away from me...It is very hard to find a suitable used GTS/Turbo with all of the necessary requirements...which certainly makes me a little bit less patient.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:24 PM
Dokebi1221
Instructor

I think your heart is set on this one. Then, I say go for it. Test drive and if everything checks out, then buy it! $43k will be the sweet spot, but I would negotiate $44k with warranty.

I love red personally, but imagine if this is your only car and going to someone's funeral with it...
Old 05-31-2016, 05:26 PM
CTTS520
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I love the beige interior/red exterior - not too practical, I know...but I was hooked immediately as I saw this "one-owner" "dealership-serviced" car just 100 miles away from me...It is very hard to find a suitable used GTS/Turbo with all of the necessary requirements...which certainly makes me a little bit less patient.
Sounds like a winner to me
Old 05-31-2016, 09:35 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 3,008 Likes on 1,782 Posts

Here it is:

87k miles for a 2013 is high mileage. These cars prices are based on year more than mileage so take that into consideration. Look for low mileage examples. Lower miles usually means less wear and tear on interior parts which can be pretty pricy.

Also read up on the Luxor interior. Many Porsche dealers don't order Luxor interiors and if a customer wants a Luxor interior, they have to sign a liability release from from Porsche NA. I have the Luxor interior and the reflection can be bothering if you let it. If you're not a typical snobby pretentious Porsche owner, you'll look past it and it'll never bother you. It doesn't bother me one bit.

Options you want in this car are:

PDCC
Burmeister
Extended Leather - You'll want that leather dash, i'd make sure I got it as it's a game changer.
You don't really need to PTV+, but it's still nice to have. It was originally made to help the 911 with it's light front end and won't be as noticeable on a Cayenne.

That' Carmine red is a great color, rare and expensive. Coupled with that Luxor beige interior and it's a great look.

There are a lot of Cayenne's out there right now and the market is soft.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:15 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 200 Posts

Sure is nice looking
Old 06-02-2016, 10:48 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 3,008 Likes on 1,782 Posts

^I guess this does qualify as another pricing thread.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:33 AM
boxsternewbie
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RussianMA
Hi everyone,

I have been initially looking to buy 09-10 CTT or GTS with the budget of $30-35k. Unfortunately, I quickly realized that it is pretty much impossible to find such 1-owner vehicle from a Porsche dealership, equipped with the necessary options at this price.

Question 1:

It seems to me that it makes sense to look at the 958 S/GTS/Turbo now, as their prices depreciated quite a bit and it is possible to find a relatively equal mileage 958 S/GTS for ~ $10-12k premium - which I assume is worth the money?

Question 2 - the car I've found:

2013 Cayenne GTS; 87k miles for $45k; (pictures attached)

Original price: $104k
1-owner
Serviced only at Porsche dealership; all records available; great reviews of the dealership
PDCC, PASM (I assume no PTV+ since it doesn't have the sport package)

My concerns:

1) Two months prior to being sold, it had a recall - "Check circlip on bearing bracket for pedals" - pure coincidence?

2) 87k miles (24k per year) in Maine - rust could be a problem? Given the rural location, I am sure that these are mostly highway miles and it was in a garage during the winter...but still...

3) Any other issues to be aware of with this year/model? I've looked around on the forum, and only found information about the cam adjuster bolts and transfer case issues.

4) And, of course, finally...is it worth the money in your opinion?

I would greatly appreciate any kind of input on anything that I have mentioned - thank you guys!

waaaaaaaaaay overpriced.

I only paid a few more grand than you for my 958 and got a TURBO with nearly 30,000 LESS miles. Mine's 2 years older, but still, it's turbo with less mileage, purchased from a Porsche dealer with a Porsche warranty.

I wouldn't pay $45k for 100 less hp and more mileage IMHO but some people really like the GTS
Old 06-03-2016, 07:04 AM
thescratt
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

FWIW the circlip thing is just a precautionary recall, and is for a very large number of Cayenne's globally.

I had mine checked yesterday. Took about 10 minutes. I passed the time looking at 911s, which is always fun. It did not have the issue.

It's simply a component that may have been missed on the pedal and may cause some movement on the pedal.

Quick Reply: 2013 GTS - need input