Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Lack of car connect-dealbreaker?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 10:15 AM
osu s2k
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 104 Posts
Default Lack of car connect-dealbreaker?

Currently wife has 16 escalade. She likes the features interior but rides like a truck. Found a well optioned 15 cayenne turbo. Lack voice control and car connect. Anyone have experience with these?
Old 05-16-2016, 12:01 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

Not sure what "Car Connect" is - since my '11 doesn't have whatever it is. Voice control is OK - mine works the rare times I remember it has it. I wouldn't pay extra for it though.

The Escalade IS a truck. A tarted up GMC truck. If you want to see something scary - look at the size of the front disks. About the size of a pie-plate. Amazing.. saw an Escalade and the GMC truck it's based on parked side by side in a lot, both with wide-space-spoked rims. The teeny-tiny brake rotors looked so pitiful.. but I guess adequate sized brakes don't sell Escalades.

So what is "Car Connect" - you can text your Cayenne? See what it's up to? Only you (or your wife) can say if that's a deal breaker or not. It wouldn't be to me.. but I don't know what it is.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:58 PM
osu s2k
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 104 Posts

I went out and test drove a turbo today, feels very similar to my previous 2006 turbo but for some reason I kept hearing these weird rattles in the a pillar and around the steering wheel... I had a Panamera Turbo that I actually traded in soley because of weird squeaks and rattles that I could never get rid of...... The cayenne pretty much does everything better than the Escalade but I will say that her Platnum interior is as nice or nicer..... Funny is I haven't heard any squeaks and rattles and I pretty much hate American vehicles… I think we're gonna go look at a Range Rover as a lot of people have given more positive reviews of the latest offerings

Incidentally the car connect apparently is like Apple CarPlay, makes no difference to me but she likes it
Old 05-17-2016, 01:46 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I ordered my 15 Cayenne diesel, and do not remember Car Connect being offered. Voice control yes. Which noted above is rarely used.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:52 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

You need car connect to use Apple CarPlay, right?
Old 05-18-2016, 07:56 PM
AJMurphy
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Porsche Car Connect (PCC) will not give you Apple Car Play. This will be a 2017 feature called Connect and Connect Plus avail with the new PCM.
PCC gives you the ability to track the location of your vehicle, lock the doors, fold mirrors if applicable, check the odo reading, tire psi, some time-to-service data, among a few other nice features. On the E-Hybrid models it opens up to some charging / battery data.
Your iPhone interface should be the same with or without PCC.
It's a cool option but shouldn't be a deal breaker.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:42 PM
ZenicaPA
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

My 16 Z06 has car connect, it's very useful. You can control your phone though the vehicle screen, you can have text or emails read to you and have your reply taken by dictation. It also mirrors the phones screen onto the vehicle screen.

I rather like it and I do wish my 16 Cayenne S hybrid had this feature of course I would also like the Z06 to have the blind side warning but it doesn't.

Quick Reply: Lack of car connect-dealbreaker?