Sponsored By:

HD Radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 11:02 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts
Default HD Radio

OK, how do I tell if this thing has HD Radio?

We have the Premium Plus package and Bose Audio package. There is a satellite radio, but the dealer is saying it wasn't built with HD Radio installed. That makes no sense whatsoever!! I am about 99% positive I have seen the HD display pop up on this thing before!

I can't find good package information online (probably not using good search terms), so I'm looking for help to try and see if Porsche actually put an upgraded audio system, satellite system, nav system and excluded a simple HD radio receiver.

Thank you.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:21 PM
BE455
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2013 doesn't have HD. And like you, have Bose / Premium Package Plus.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:52 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Option on my 2016 - separate option from Bose - code PJU Infotainment Package w/ HD Radio
Old 02-17-2016, 12:34 AM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BE455
My 2013 doesn't have HD. And like you, have Bose / Premium Package Plus.
Do you have the XM receiver?
Old 02-17-2016, 08:58 AM
Robotpedlr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skiahh
OK, how do I tell if this thing has HD Radio? We have the Premium Plus package and Bose Audio package. There is a satellite radio, but the dealer is saying it wasn't built with HD Radio installed. That makes no sense whatsoever!! I am about 99% positive I have seen the HD display pop up on this thing before! I can't find good package information online (probably not using good search terms), so I'm looking for help to try and see if Porsche actually put an upgraded audio system, satellite system, nav system and excluded a simple HD radio receiver. Thank you.
What year? I have a 2015 (early Nov 2014 built). It has premium plus and Bose (and HD on the build sheet) but they had issues with HD units at the factory. Instead of holding up production they used non HD version. Of course I wasn't notified. After some investigation I called Porsche and they paid for 3 years of XM service for me.

So if your build is the same time frame you may be in that category. If not check your option screen:

Keep pressing the m button until FM is highlighted.
Press the i button or touch the tab of the same name in the header.
Select "HD Radio" to switch the function on (b) or off (a).
Old 02-17-2016, 01:06 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Robotpedlr
What year? I have a 2015 (early Nov 2014 built). It has premium plus and Bose (and HD on the build sheet) but they had issues with HD units at the factory. Instead of holding up production they used non HD version. Of course I wasn't notified. After some investigation I called Porsche and they paid for 3 years of XM service for me.

So if your build is the same time frame you may be in that category. If not check your option screen:

Keep pressing the m button until FM is highlighted.
Press the i button or touch the tab of the same name in the header.
Select "HD Radio" to switch the function on (b) or off (a).
Sorry, we have a 2014 CD.

The option to turn HD on or off is not there, like it is in my Boxster. I've checked that.

The build sheet does not specifically show the HD receiver. I guess my question is: with Bose, Satellite (and the Premium Plus package, if applicable), should the radio receiver be HD capable? Or is it a separate option that needed to be added?
Old 04-25-2018, 01:22 PM
NJS_04_996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Option on my 2016 - separate option from Bose - code PJU Infotainment Package w/ HD Radio
I guess that explains why I can't find the location to turn on HD in my 2012 Panamera, with Bose and XM sat radio.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:16 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,150 Likes on 763 Posts

Since you have a 2014 CD - it's a 958 - and this thread is being dragged bodily to the 958 subforum. Hang on..

BTW - year/model ARE important info since option packages vary from year to year, and even standard equipment can vary year to year and model to model.

Quick Reply: HD Radio