Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 (https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-958-2011-2018-242/)
-   -   dash top chrono/clock harness (https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-958-2011-2018/774703-dash-top-chrono-clock-harness.html)

javitor52x 11-26-2018 07:08 PM

good can someone pass me the electrical diagram of the picture of this same bcm car and the contact key? I dedicate myself to the repair of modules and I need to try it on a table is possible ?? Thanks for the help

deilenberger 11-27-2018 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by javitor52x (Post 15456032)
good can someone pass me the electrical diagram of the picture of this same bcm car and the contact key? I dedicate myself to the repair of modules and I need to try it on a table is possible ?? Thanks for the help

I'm not sure what you're asking for. "bcm"? car? Contact key? The overall electrical diagrams for Cayennes encompass well over 100 pages.

Samer Al-Wakeel 11-29-2018 10:07 AM

Clock Light Activation.

Originally Posted by deilenberger (Post 15453648)
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...ble-again.html

I can't speak about other brand diagnostic computers since I haven't had them to play with. I'm sure the computer (PIWIS) the Porsche dealer has is capable of doing this.

Thank you Don for your usual support.
i would appreciate your usual support providing me with how to do the clock enabling step by step using iCarScan.

Samer Al-Wakeel 12-23-2018 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Samer Al-Wakeel (Post 15450927)

hi
i just followed this procedure step by step but the back light did not work any idea how to fix it

Hello,

can anybody please help me to get the time - chrono option since i have followed this procedure and still i don't have this option and the clock back light is not working as well. Also, i tried to reprogram the car using PIWIS but unfortunately the back light works only during test.

can any one help me how to get it done please.

F SANE IL 09-20-2019 01:16 AM

9 Attachment(s)
Just got to doing this wiring today. Have had the clock sitting inside the panel dead for about 2 weeks now.

Anyway, first off.... thank you to everyone who put effort in describing wires and the cayman harness. Also, the wires to which to tap into.

I ended up reusing the rest of the wires from the cayman harness to extend the wires. Then the porsche cloth loom to cover them nicely. Also, I opted to cut, strip, solder and shrink all my connections. Then closed it all up in the same cloth loom.

Lastly... I powered ignition, turned off ignition, took out key, turned on ignition again and the clock was recognized. No coding needed. The backlight is a bit low, but maybe that's how it is. I can clearly see the arrows.

Adding some pics for fun. But i think this should be a DIY sticky. I can write one up if it will get its place in DIY section. LMK .

deilenberger 09-20-2019 02:43 PM

When I first installed mine - it worked - but didn't really light up. I found a setting I could change either in the PCM menu, or more likely in an iCarScan menu, probably under the instrument cluster.

It would be great to have a DIY - but a bit more info is needed in your posting to qualify, and some editing:

1. Photos shouldn't be more than 1024 pixels wide. Resizing is a good thing.
2. There should be a caption or header for each photo so we know what we're looking at.
3. There should be some text saying "Then I did XYZ with this result.." sort of thing. Best added to photos illustrating doing XYZ..
4. Tools needed and sources for the materials used (clock, the clock mount, the wiring harness in particular..)

Would love to see a DIY that could be copied over to the DIY subforum.

JohnsonAV 09-20-2019 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by deilenberger (Post 16117573)
When I first installed mine - it worked - but didn't really light up. I found a setting I could change either in the PCM menu, or more likely in an iCarScan menu, probably under the instrument cluster.

It would be great to have a DIY - but a bit more info is needed in your posting to qualify, and some editing:

2. There should be a caption or header for each photo so we know what we're looking at.
3. There should be some text saying "Then I did XYZ with this result.." sort of thing. Best added to photos illustrating doing XYZ..
4. Tools needed and sources for the materials used (clock, the clock mount, the wiring harness in particular..)

I would also include years, versions of 957 and options/packages required that this works for (ex. 2012 Diesel - premium plus package). +1 for a DIY sticky

deilenberger 09-20-2019 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by JohnsonAV (Post 16117607)
I would also include years, versions of 957 and options/packages required that this works for (ex. 2012 Diesel - premium plus package). +1 for a DIY sticky

I'm not sure any reference to the 957 series would apply since they didn't use this clock. It should actually apply to all PCM equipped 958 models.

JohnsonAV 09-20-2019 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by deilenberger (Post 16117912)
I'm not sure any reference to the 957 series would apply since they didn't use this clock. It should actually apply to all PCM equipped 958 models.

My bad, 958 is what I meant...

F SANE IL 09-24-2019 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by deilenberger (Post 16117573)

Figured it all out with the lighting, I'll try work on the DYI tomorrow. Should o make a new post called DYI 958 Dash Clock Install or just work on modify current post with all the correct info?

deilenberger 09-24-2019 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by F SANE IL (Post 16124569)
Figured it all out with the lighting, I'll try work on the DYI tomorrow. Should o make a new post called DYI 958 Dash Clock Install or just work on modify current post with all the correct info?

Really your choice. If it's in this thread, I'll make a copy with all the extra comments removed. If a new thread - you might post at the top of it PLEASE DO NOT REPLY.. to keep the comments from even starting.

Thanks!

Quadcammer 10-21-2019 01:44 PM

just ordered all the stuff for this.

How did you manipulate the lighting?

thanks.

F SANE IL 10-21-2019 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Quadcammer (Post 16180632)

thanks.

Need to enable chrono on dash. Also raised light level.

F SANE IL 10-21-2019 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Quadcammer (Post 16180632)

thanks.

I hope you picked up that $150 clock posted on here in the morning. What a sweet deal for an almost new part.

Where did you sing the dash trim? Hope you didnt buy new..... I paid all of $30

JPJRJR70 10-21-2019 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by F SANE IL (Post 16181224)
I hope you picked up that $150 clock posted on here in the morning. What a sweet deal for an almost new part.

Where did you sing the dash trim? Hope you didnt buy new..... I paid all of $30

He did! Jumped on it quickly!! Mailed out today! Jose