Sponsored By:

Plastic clips for rear cargo cover - 2011

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 12:47 AM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 206 Posts
Default Plastic clips for rear cargo cover - 2011

I folded down my rear seats recently to put in a snowboard, had to unclip the back seats from the rear cargo cover and snap! Broke one of the clips. It's made of plastic, very thin plastic I might add. So I thought I may have been a little rough with it.... Until today, I tried to snap the cover back on to the other seat and broke it too!

Why would this part be made so fragile? Its meant to be snapped and unsnapped what I would assume several times. Now the back cover is being held on each side by one clip.... Tried using super glue, not surprisingly, doesn't work. I'm taking the car in next week to see if I can get it replaced. A little frustrating how cheap that part was made.

First pet peeve for me on the 2011 after close to 3 months and ~2200 miles... I know it could be worse... But...

End rant. Thanks for reading.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:26 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Sorry for your touble. Out of curiousity, I looked in my PDF copy of the manual and found the following information on page 41:

Disengage retractable cover from the seat.
Please see the chapter “RETRACTABLE
COVERS” on page 208.

But when you go to page 208 it says:

First disengage the retractable covers from
the rear seat backrests and fold the backrests
forward.
Please see the chapter “FOLDING REAR SEAT
BACKRESTS FORWARD” on page 41.

Interesting circular reference. So how exactly are you supposed to disengage the cover from the back seats? Is there a trick to it? Or based on your experience maybe you haven't discovered it. If I ever get my CS I may have the salesman demonstrate the procedure and see if he can do it without breaking something.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:09 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

I really don't think there is a trick to disengaging the clips, you just have to gently pull off and gently push back on. The first one, I know I was a little rough with, but the second one that broke, I was definitely trying to be careful.

Anyhow, I took the car in yesterday and the dealer is replacing the entire back cover, free of charge, as the clips cannot be replaced individually. I guess I'll need to be extra careful moving forward.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:20 PM
Normnyc
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slwong23
I folded down my rear seats recently to put in a snowboard, had to unclip the back seats from the rear cargo cover and snap! Broke one of the clips. It's made of plastic, very thin plastic I might add. So I thought I may have been a little rough with it.... Until today, I tried to snap the cover back on to the other seat and broke it too!

Why would this part be made so fragile? Its meant to be snapped and unsnapped what I would assume several times. Now the back cover is being held on each side by one clip.... Tried using super glue, not surprisingly, doesn't work. I'm taking the car in next week to see if I can get it replaced. A little frustrating how cheap that part was made.

First pet peeve for me on the 2011 after close to 3 months and ~2200 miles... I know it could be worse... But...

End rant. Thanks for reading.

Did you find them? I need 2 of them for the right side. Not sure if the right and left side are different.

Old 09-14-2020, 10:55 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,149 Likes on 763 Posts

I think this thread might get more attention if it was in the correct forum - the 958 forum.

And I'd like for it to get more attention since I have one broken clip too.. maybe someone could design up a sturdier version for a 3-D Printer project?

Hang on - thread is mmmmmmmmmmmooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnggggggggggggggg....
Old 09-15-2020, 12:23 AM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Pretty sure I posted this thread in the right place back in the day, but that was over 9 years ago...

I honestly didn’t remember how I resolved, but in looking at post 3, my dealership in Vegas must have replaced under warranty. Sorry, I’m no help.

Quick Reply: Plastic clips for rear cargo cover - 2011