Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Fun with Numbers (2011 Cayenne and Cayenne S Options Broken Down Immensely)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 06:04 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation Fun with Numbers (2011 Cayenne and Cayenne S Options Broken Down Immensely)

Bored Today, figured id have a little fun.....

Cayenne
$47,700

+Auto: $3000
+S wheels: $390
+Servo?: $270
+Sunroof: $1190
+Driver Memory: $390
($52,940 Similarly Optioned as S: $11,460 additional for V8)

Cayenne S
$64,400

Bose Pack: $2160
Contains BOSE® Surround Sound System, CD/DVD-changer (6-way) and XM® Satellite Radio.

Bose: $1690
CD/DVD: $650
XM: $750
=$3090 ($930 Savings with Package)

Convenience Pack: $4520 ($5,620 on C $1100 diff)
Contains Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with navigation module, Bi-Xenon headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS), Driver Memory Package, Heated Seats (front), Moonroof and Auto Dimming Mirrors.

NAV:$3645
Bi-Xenon: $1860
Heated Seats front: $525
Auto Dimming: $420
($6450 on S, $1930 Savings on S)

+ for Cayenne
Driver Memory: $390
Moonroof: $1190
($8030 on C, $2410 Savings on C)

Premium Pack: $7790 ($7,690 on C $100 diff)
Contains Convenience Package contents, Servotronic, Power Seats (14-way) with Memory Package, ParkAssist (front/rear) and Heated Steering Wheel. (PASM on Cayenne S)

14 Way Power Seats: $1335
Park Assist: $1095
Heated Steering: $250
PASM for S only: $1990
($4670 on S+6450, $3330 Savings)

+ for Cayenne
Servotronic: $270
($3340 on C+8030, $3680 Savings)

Premium Pack Plus: $11,650 ($10,160 on C $1490 Diff)
Contains Premium Package contents, Lane Change Assist, Rearview Camera, Electric roll-up sunscreen for rear side, Light Comfort Package, Heated Seats (front/rear) and Seat Ventilation (front). (Air Suspension on S)

Lane Change: $850
Rearview Camera: $655
Electric Sunscreen: $450
Light Comfort: $250
Heated Seats (Add rear): $525
Seat Vent front: $800
($3530 on C+3340+8030, $4740 Savings Total C)

+ for Cayenne S
Air Susp: $1990 (3980-1990 for PASM already included above)
(1990+3530+4760+6450, $4990 Savings Total S)

So Basically in a Nutshell:
for an S you are essentially paying $11,460 for the V8 Engine.

If you get the Bose Package versus the contents you save $930

If you get the Convenience Package versus the contents you save $1930 on the S, and $2410 on the Cayenne.

If you get the Premium Package versus the contents you save $3330 on the S, and $3680 on the Cayenne.

If you get the Premium Package Plus versus the contents you save $4990 on the S, and $4740 on the Cayenne.

-Riley Wysocki

Last edited by rijowysock; 02-24-2011 at 02:15 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:18 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

will update with Turbo comparison when i find what all is standard on turbo (in south america currently without my handy dandy Cayenne Catalog)
Old 12-31-2010, 07:18 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 206 Posts

Nice post, Riley, thanks!
Old 01-01-2011, 03:32 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

surprised more people dont find this interesting, especially people considering ordering 2011 cayenne's.... when i ordered i wish i would have done the breakdown as i would have ordered the Premium Pack, when i added up what i wanted it came close to the price anyways and half the stuff is included... to do the premium pack and add vent seats front and panoramic roof would have been ideal to me and would have saved $3,680 which means basically the PDLS and 14 way seats would be free...
Old 01-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Bill P.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The packages were not readily apparent on the web site for Porsche. I would have done the same as you until my sales person brought the packages to my attention. It seems to me that your sales person should have done the same. Not good.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:33 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Bill P.
The packages were not readily apparent on the web site for Porsche. I would have done the same as you until my sales person brought the packages to my attention. It seems to me that your sales person should have done the same. Not good.
they are readily apparent on the site, yes... but its one price and does not list the savings and differences between packages on S and C unless u click back and forth for an hour... i knew about them but when i clicked all i saw was 6 words and a 6000$ price tag and said eh.. and read thru the actual options.. the sales people really arent in the world of "saving you money" imo anyways... if i listened to my sales guy i would have 50k in "must have" options.

also the website does not clearly show you what is standard on the S versus the C... and the price of that ,etc etc etc... the above list makes a good deal of sense to me as an over analytical shopper... hopefully helps others...
Old 01-01-2011, 07:28 PM
AppleChilli
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
surprised more people dont find this interesting, especially people considering ordering 2011 cayenne's.... when i ordered i wish i would have done the breakdown as i would have ordered the Premium Pack, when i added up what i wanted it came close to the price anyways and half the stuff is included... to do the premium pack and add vent seats front and panoramic roof would have been ideal to me and would have saved $3,680 which means basically the PDLS and 14 way seats would be free...
Good thread; I find it interesting.

Trying to catch up after the Holiday's. At quick glance, I noticed that the Premium pack for the CS does not include PASM, that's an additional saving for the CS. Would be interested to see the savings break down over the CTT.

I did various break downs and configurations for my 2011 Cayenne and ended up with a medium optioned CS. Hoping that there is a definite savings over the CS vs the C (my girl now loves Porsche, no thanks to me, but doesn't want to pay the premium).
Old 01-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Riley, you've left the price of PASM out of the cost of seperate items for the premium package and the price of PASM/AS out of the seperate costs for items in premium plus.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:14 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Riley, you've left the price of PASM out of the cost of seperate items for the premium package and the price of PASM/AS out of the seperate costs for items in premium plus.

oops, i just noticed that on the S model... note that the PASM is included in the 3980 price of the "air suspension" in the premium plus package... the only "savings" adjusted would be the premium package by $1990... which brings the savings between the models much closer (was a big gap before)

thank you for noticing that, the gap seemed too large before.. i still wish i would have ordered premium package on my v6.. then again for the price i probably would have justified the S and then justified the Premium pack and the panoramic roof and Ventilated seats.. which would have been a completely different, $30,000.00 more expensive truck.

Last edited by rijowysock; 01-02-2011 at 12:39 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:19 AM
sid_vicious
Instructor

Interesting thread. When I ordered my car, I ordered a Cayenne S with the prem package, as that had most of the options I wanted and the savings was pretty good compared to ordering a la carte. I ordered just before the factory closed for the summer and was getting a little impatient so I asked my dealer(and tried myself) to find all cars in dealer stock with the prem. package. I found very few, if i remember correctly less than 10 of them. Yet every car in dealer inventory had a much higher sticker than my car, but seemed to be at best similarly optioned, and honestly most had far fewer things. I guess dealers prefer higher sticker(i.e. more margin), but its a shame as they could be selling a far better equipped car for less coin. Keep in mind this was no scientific study, but what I saw when looking for a car for myself.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:47 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by sid_vicious
Interesting thread. When I ordered my car, I ordered a Cayenne S with the prem package, as that had most of the options I wanted and the savings was pretty good compared to ordering a la carte. I ordered just before the factory closed for the summer and was getting a little impatient so I asked my dealer(and tried myself) to find all cars in dealer stock with the prem. package. I found very few, if i remember correctly less than 10 of them. Yet every car in dealer inventory had a much higher sticker than my car, but seemed to be at best similarly optioned, and honestly most had far fewer things. I guess dealers prefer higher sticker(i.e. more margin), but its a shame as they could be selling a far better equipped car for less coin. Keep in mind this was no scientific study, but what I saw when looking for a car for myself.
dealers always StrekStrekStrekStrek people... a day doesn't go by where i don't think about how badly dealers screw people on a daily basis.. it honestly boils my blood.. all three of my porsche buying deals have been "good" i would say but only got to that point after i cut thru the **** and got down to where i wanted to me... they all try and screw you and if not to your face, behind your back.. its always something... a lot of people have dreams and hopes for the world but i honestly hope and pray that car dealers can become honest in my lifetime... it saddens me when i sit there and hear other people spending WAYYYYY too much for the car they are buying, adding the aftermarket warranty that doesn't cover ****, paying for the door trim and bug coating they "put on" the car... and so forth....

when i was wanting to trade my 997.2 it just showed how bad it was... offering me 10k less than KBB trade against the cayenne for sticker... when in the end i sold the 997.2 (got that 10k), got 6k off the cayenne and saved the tax on cayenne because the dealer brokered the sale (4k in tax)... so right there was a $20,000.00 discrepancy just because "i cared" versus people that just drive to the dealer thinking they are "good trustworthy people".

sorry for rant.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:44 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

oops, i just noticed that on the S model... note that the PASM is included in the 3980 price of the "air suspension" in the premium plus package... the only "savings" adjusted would be the premium package by $1990... which brings the savings between the models much closer (was a big gap before)

FYI, there is a wierd twist in the Porsche pricing.

Let's say you order the premium package on the CS which includes PASM. Now you want to add AS seperately which is normally bundled with PASM. You would think that you would only pay the difference between PASM alone and the cost of the full AS/PASM option since you've already paid for PASM in the premium package. But no, they charge you for the full price of the stand alone AS/PASM option. In effect, you pay for PASM twice.

I know this because it happened when I priced my car, both on the web site configurator and at the dealer. It's one reason why I ended up going with the premium plus package instead, because it includes AS/PASM.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:41 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
FYI, there is a wierd twist in the Porsche pricing.

Let's say you order the premium package on the CS which includes PASM. Now you want to add AS seperately which is normally bundled with PASM. You would think that you would only pay the difference between PASM alone and the cost of the full AS/PASM option since you've already paid for PASM in the premium package. But no, they charge you for the full price of the stand alone AS/PASM option. In effect, you pay for PASM twice.

I know this because it happened when I priced my car, both on the web site configurator and at the dealer. It's one reason why I ended up going with the premium plus package instead, because it includes AS/PASM.

In a somewhat related story...certain combinations of options will actaully lower the cost of an option (and I'm not referring to "package" bundled options).

For example, if you order panoroof with the roof rails, the roof rail/transit option cost is reduced by about $300 because they delete the skid pads which would go on the roof (due to the pano).... The effective cost of the pano roof is therefore about $350 for those who are ordering it with the roof rail option.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:24 AM
SilverForumSurf
Track Day

seems like thats the only option that does that?
Old 03-20-2011, 11:10 AM
gte
Advanced

dealers always StrekStrekStrekStrek people... a day doesn't go by where i don't think about how badly dealers screw people on a daily basis.. it honestly boils my blood.. all three of my porsche buying deals have been "good" i would say but only got to that point after i cut thru the **** and got down to where i wanted to me... they all try and screw you and if not to your face, behind your back.. its always something... a lot of people have dreams and hopes for the world but i honestly hope and pray that car dealers can become honest in my lifetime... it saddens me when i sit there and hear other people spending WAYYYYY too much for the car they are buying, adding the aftermarket warranty that doesn't cover ****, paying for the door trim and bug coating they "put on" the car... and so forth....

when i was wanting to trade my 997.2 it just showed how bad it was... offering me 10k less than KBB trade against the cayenne for sticker... when in the end i sold the 997.2 (got that 10k), got 6k off the cayenne and saved the tax on cayenne because the dealer brokered the sale (4k in tax)... so right there was a $20,000.00 discrepancy just because "i cared" versus people that just drive to the dealer thinking they are "good trustworthy people".

sorry for rant.
I was just talking about the same thing with a friend the other day. Even though it is frustrating, when I go car shopping I sometimes find it enteraining listening to all the BS that they spew out. It makes for some great stories.

Like I was telling my friend, lawers must love car dealers because they make them look good.

George

Quick Reply: Fun with Numbers (2011 Cayenne and Cayenne S Options Broken Down Immensely)