Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Any tips on installing the Eurowise 2" lift on springs in the rear?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2024, 05:39 PM
leesfer
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any tips on installing the Eurowise 2" lift on springs in the rear?

These absolutely will not go in. I've tried using pry bars to pull the control arms down but still an inch off and they wont budge any further. The strut being at an angle makes it so you cannot use a jack to compress it otherwise it hits the control arm and stops. I already have the subframe dropped as far down as it will go without fully removing it.

Has anyone done this themselves before?

Side note: Eurowise has **** poor instructions for this kit - they're out of order and missing a ton of steps. I highly recommend NOT doing this at home. This is *by far* the most difficult task I've done while working on any car before.

Last edited by leesfer; 03-05-2024 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-05-2024, 07:04 PM
leesfer
AutoX

If anyone in the future is reading this, I finally got it in place and here's how:

I use a ratcheting strap to pull the strut across (inwards) to the other side, wrapped around the subframe. I had to play with it back and forth until it was in the perfect position.

Then I used a jack to compress the spring - eventually the control arm will hit, I used a pry bar between the suspension and the subframe to force it down.

Laying on my back I used my leg to pull the pry bar to the perfect spot while threading the bolt into place.
The following users liked this post:
RhinoComp (03-07-2024)
Old 03-07-2024, 03:45 PM
RhinoComp
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 61 Posts

This story reminds me of the 3" suspension lift spacers I installed on my Avalanche back in college over the course of 3 days (cutting many things for this "plug and play" kit) before realizing it was now too tall to back out of the garage it got installed in.

Anyway, those things never seem to go as smoothly for me (and you it sounds like) as it's supposed to or what seems like many others experience!
lml999 (03-08-2024)
Old 03-07-2024, 09:07 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 628 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by RhinoComp
This story reminds me of the 3" suspension lift spacers I installed on my Avalanche back in college over the course of 3 days (cutting many things for this "plug and play" kit) before realizing it was now too tall to back out of the garage it got installed in.
That's really funny... thanks for the laugh! So how did you get it out? Hopefully you could lower the tire pressure enough to roll out...
will_atl (03-07-2024)
Old 03-08-2024, 12:37 AM
RhinoComp
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by garrett376
That's really funny... thanks for the laugh! So how did you get it out? Hopefully you could lower the tire pressure enough to roll out...
Very, very precariously with the Autozone loaner spring compressors crunching the rear springs down an inch or two. Lowering the tire pressure down would've been the much safer thing to do!
Old 03-08-2024, 10:49 AM
MattDFW
Rennlist Member

Received 208 Likes on 95 Posts

What size tire did you go with after the lift?
Old 03-08-2024, 07:02 PM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 751 Likes on 540 Posts

Good judgement comes from experience.

Experience comes from bad judgement...

When I had a new garage door installed years ago, I lost an inch of clearance...just enough to obstruct the roof rack on my Range Rover. Fortunately that truck had an air suspension, so every time I entered/exited the garage, I had to go into low mode.

Always liked how the Rover lowered the front first, then the rear, like a camel would. Seemed appropriate...
Old 03-09-2024, 09:32 AM
eddieb4
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 118 Posts

Anyway, those things never seem to go as smoothly for me (and you it sounds like) as it's supposed to or what seems like many others experience!
That is hilarious now but I bet you were pissed then!
Old 03-12-2024, 03:36 PM
PJP13
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by leesfer
If anyone in the future is reading this, I finally got it in place and here's how:

I use a ratcheting strap to pull the strut across (inwards) to the other side, wrapped around the subframe. I had to play with it back and forth until it was in the perfect position.

Then I used a jack to compress the spring - eventually the control arm will hit, I used a pry bar between the suspension and the subframe to force it down.

Laying on my back I used my leg to pull the pry bar to the perfect spot while threading the bolt into place.
Did you also do the subframe drop kit? I wonder if that would have made things go easier.

This is very interesting to me as I am interested in the same kit and likely would be doing the job on jack stands in the garage.
Has anyone else used Eurowise gear for this lift? What was your experience?
Thanks all!
Old 06-18-2024, 02:32 PM
TyreReviews
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

I just found this thread as i'm having the same problem.

I'm moving from stock air to Eurowise gen 2 coilovers. 1/2 inch subframe drop is already in front and rear, front coilovers went in no problem but **** me I'm nowhere near close to being able to get the rears in.

As usual the Eurowise installation guide is useless. It shouldn't be this hard, the rear air bags came out just fine.

It's so far out I might have to start disassembling the rear control arms

The ratchet strap is a great idea but I can't even get the top mounts in lol it's that wonky.
Old 06-18-2024, 07:50 PM
wineguy94920
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Eurowise is simply the worst. I bought the custom coilovers..

Mike, Eurowise owner, could possibly be the worst business person I’ve ever interfaced with.
They ship the wrong products, forget to ship parts and in my case, forget they even took your $7,000 and just sit on your money for weeks.
The truth about Eurowise seems to be coming out…

Originally Posted by TyreReviews

I'm moving from stock air to Eurowise gen 2 coilovers. 1/2 inch subframe drop is already in front and rear, front coilovers went in no problem but **** me I'm nowhere near close to being able to get the rears in.

As usual the Eurowise installation guide is useless. It shouldn't be this hard, the rear air bags came out just fine.

The ratchet strap is a great idea but I can't even get the top mounts in lol it's that wonky.
Old 06-18-2024, 08:26 PM
leesfer
AutoX

They are legitimately terrible at business and their customer support is horrible, not to mention their "install instructions" are missing 50% of the steps.

I'm surprised no one else has entered this space to compete yet, there's an easy win to be had here.
Old 06-18-2024, 09:46 PM
fungshui
AutoX

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about people's experience with Eurowise. Now I'm learning towards 380 Industries/Berg Peaks Coil Overs- by MCS as it doesn't require subframe drops.
Old 06-19-2024, 01:51 AM
TyreReviews
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

I've had a somewhat different experience with eurowise, they've always been pretty good at answering questions on facebook or email, but they do seem to make a lot of mistakes, and their installation guides are "professional install required" so they can claim they're not aimed at the end user.

Seems to me they've just grown too quickly, the scene exploded over covid.

Originally Posted by fungshui
Sorry to hear about people's experience with Eurowise. Now I'm learning towards 380 Industries/Berg Peaks Coil Overs- by MCS as it doesn't require subframe drops.
I can't get my head around how you can raise 3 inches without dropping the driveshaft, but then I'm stuck installing some rear springs so I'm not the best to answer that lol
Old 06-19-2024, 07:18 AM
PhineasFlynn
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TyreReviews

How are you going to address the warnings with changing from air to coils? This comes up occasionally and usually the person gets bashed for considering this change and then never get a straight answer. Not planning to do the change myself, but interested to know it can be done. As these vehicles get older, it would be a option for me. I have done it on several Range Rover models. Though my current 2008 Range Rover Sport has been flawless. The air system on it is far better than the Cayenne in terms of speed of ride height change.

Quick Reply: Any tips on installing the Eurowise 2" lift on springs in the rear?