Sponsored By:

Is the "Porsche PCM Settlement" Real?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2023, 02:24 AM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 172 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by caf
So the website created by the lawyers suing Porsche for random PCM reboots.... has a problem with random reboots....

This is one of many absurd class action suits. As usual, the plaintiffs receive some token acknowledgement. The class action attorneys get a new jet.

What if we sue the lawyers? Do we get a GT3 RS?
Old 03-29-2023, 09:45 AM
JRoach
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts
Default I had this problem

Doesn’t sound like this suit applies to most that have replied but for some this can be worth thousands. My PCM got stuck in a constant reboot (covered in another thread). My theory was Sirius did an update that tried to write to a bad sector which bricked the PCM (only theory, maybe somebody has some better dope on the issue). Many were sending their PCM in for disk replacement, others had the dealer replace the PCM (over 4K). My SA replaced the PCM at no charge as I think they knew what was going on but PCNA hadn’t acknowledged the issue. We might not like lawyers but between the diesel settlement and this the value could have been over 20k. Fortunately I had dealer that stepped up.
Old 03-29-2023, 09:54 AM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 172 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by JRoach
Doesn’t sound like this suit applies to most that have replied but for some this can be worth thousands. My PCM got stuck in a constant reboot (covered in another thread). My theory was Sirius did an update that tried to write to a bad sector which bricked the PCM (only theory, maybe somebody has some better dope on the issue). Many were sending their PCM in for disk replacement, others had the dealer replace the PCM (over 4K). My SA replaced the PCM at no charge as I think they knew what was going on but PCNA hadn’t acknowledged the issue. We might not like lawyers but between the diesel settlement and this the value could have been over 20k. Fortunately I had dealer that stepped up.
All jokes aside, I'm with you. Up until the point of payment. I did the Gas Class previously only because it was a more significant amount. Still waiting for that magical cash to show up.
Old 03-29-2023, 10:44 AM
911guyinaz
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

PCM is real... I wasted 400 miles driving to the dealer and at 1.00 per mile, that is what I submitted. One other way is this weakened batteries and made them need to be replaced ..
Old 03-30-2023, 02:43 PM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 438 Likes on 291 Posts

The first time this happened to mine - well before the issue in 2020 - the dealer didn’t know the cause and replaced the entire PCM. The time in 2020 was pretty easy to handle once I knew the cause and the fix. I think we should be getting relief from Sirius for effing it all up with their free trial push that corrupted the system.
Old 04-29-2024, 09:34 PM
sclemmons
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

The PCM Settlement is the real deal. It requires a hard PCM reset by a Porsche dealer. If that does not fix it, the dealer will replace your PCM. I started the process in January, filed my claim in February, and today, two months later, I got a check for the complete $3500 repair. The process takes a couple of trips to the dealer. But it was worth the time and effort. The PCM works great now. It is like a new car where the PCM is concerned.

Last edited by sclemmons; 04-29-2024 at 10:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Is the "Porsche PCM Settlement" Real?