Sponsored By:

LED Headlight Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2023, 07:20 PM
Agencik
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fkoosha
I don’t have the PIWIS II, I tried with PIWIS III 38.250 and 41.500 and it didn’t do the job. Can you use the PIWIS II with the Chinese VAS 6154 clone?
I can confirm that good clone will do the job, I’ve tested VAS clone (AliExpress), piwis3 samtec clone from “automan” and both doesn’t work but because I’m stubborn like donkey I’ve ordered another one from obd2tool piwis2 full set with laptop samtec and worked first time. So now happy bunny no errors on the dash and headlights fully working 🙃 cost me a lot of waisted time and stress with sellers and this devices as they wasn’t the best to cooperate and I’m still waiting for money to be returned for piwis3-hopefully it will be solved. Anyway thanks to sami_cayenne and others for help and all the info. I’ve got another problem with engine ecu since I did coding for all modules with piwis3 so will share this when I’m back from holiday in new thread. Thanks and hope my experience will help others too.

The following users liked this post:
peterb1986 (06-28-2023)
Old 06-29-2023, 01:34 AM
sami_cayenne
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Great mate. Looks very good

And ya I have the same hardware from obd2tool and it works great.

Enjoy your new lights, especially with high beam at night time
Old 06-29-2023, 09:44 AM
Agencik
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sami_cayenne
Great mate. Looks very good

And ya I have the same hardware from obd2tool and it works great.

Enjoy your new lights, especially with high beam at night time
I’ll use them definitely as I’m going for holiday by car so 20h together one way thanks a lot!!!
Old 06-29-2023, 04:13 PM
sdiamond
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Us source

Just received and installed upgraded led headlights from “Seems Legit Garage” in Michigan. Set was $1,400 but, it took 20 minutes they have a light tint color (probably just back inside) and are literally plug and light. Our headlights 958.1 have a single plug and held in place with only one rotating clamp down. Super easy and love the results. Now have to think about the tail lights
Visualistics (07-01-2023)
Old 06-29-2023, 06:22 PM
Agencik
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sdiamond
Just received and installed upgraded led headlights from “Seems Legit Garage” in Michigan. Set was $1,400 but, it took 20 minutes they have a light tint color (probably just back inside) and are literally plug and light. Our headlights 958.1 have a single plug and held in place with only one rotating clamp down. Super easy and love the results. Now have to think about the tail lights
but thats not the genuine Porsche so hopefully for you they will last long time 🤞
Old 06-30-2023, 08:58 AM
carsandcapp
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by sdiamond
Watched their install video and read the comments. They are interesting. The "plug and play" no programming required is appealing. Will be very interested in a longer-term update.

Originally Posted by Agencik
but thats not the genuine Porsche so hopefully for you they will last long time 🤞
I am sure they are Chinese made. They come with a 90 day warranty for whatever that is worth. But factory LED's from Suncoast are like $3500. You could go through 2 sets of these and still be ahead apparently without the programming headaches. They claim to support PDLS.
Old 07-04-2023, 09:59 PM
Davebrossi
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by F SANE IL
I think it's same ****. There are only a couple of major manufacturers out there. The rest are resellers. I used to be in the HID business and worked directly with the manufacturer. Then learned about the resellers, who's major downfall was warranty.

I've been thinking about those headlights myself, just keep forgetting after a while.

As far as ordering to the US from Ali.... shouldn't be an issue, I've ordered lots of random things mainly due to curiosity. The only stuff that gets held up are things with batteries.

Here are a few links. I believe AKD is the main brand here. The price difference seems to be based on one headlight or both. Average price $600

US $1,181.50 15%OFF | Applicable to 2011-2017 Porsche Cayenne LED headlights and headlight assembly installation
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOiNnF2

US $645.67 44%OFF | Headlight Assembly LED For Porsche Cayenne Macan 2011-2020 Car Day Running Lights Fog DRL Lamps Accessory Brake Stop Turn Signal
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLL1ZKu

The cheaper one is a LEFT headlight.
... Something I didn't know i needed, again. These hold up OK? Do what is needed?
Old 07-05-2023, 03:22 AM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 176 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Davebrossi
... Something I didn't know i needed, again. These hold up OK? Do what is needed?
I never ordered them, was going to, but life got in the way. Sadly, right now I'm not allowed to make any large purchases.
downtroddengoat (07-08-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 09:12 AM
Davebrossi
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I'm more interested in the interplay between my cornering lights and manual highbeams i suppose. My neighbor with the dark blue metallic 958.2 who appears to be melting into their seat still has the better ride, but it'd be nice to work towards catching up when possible.
Old 07-08-2023, 12:26 AM
Davebrossi
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

...yet another thing from AliExpress on the way for me.
Old 07-09-2023, 04:33 AM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 176 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Davebrossi
...yet another thing from AliExpress on the way for me.
You're an AliExpert now.
Old 07-09-2023, 10:45 AM
sdiamond
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Initial check

Everything works as it should, I bought through SLG because they are responsive, friendly and nearby in Michigan. I prefer for $100 more to buy from someone who answers emails and calls and takes less than a month or more for delivery.
they also have matching set of LED tail lights that will be next. Put a layer of vivid tint on back and like the subdued look. Sun coast or others at $600 have the outside look but a sequential LED turn signals just modernize the back side. Chinese or otherwise are all about $1,000 when done so why not these guys for about same price and faster delivery et al
I have no relationship with SLG ! Just looked all over before selecting them and passing this along
Old 07-09-2023, 01:46 PM
Davebrossi
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

AliExpress is... I hope it all works out. Sometimes yes sometimes no. I may have clued the seller referenced above that there are inquiring minds at Rennlist (no links, etc not a subsidiary or anything, just that maybe it helps?)
Old 07-09-2023, 06:02 PM
jaustin
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts

Wow, those look awesome!
Old 09-20-2023, 08:46 AM
carsandcapp
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

@sdiamond Any updates on your LED light purchase? Still happy? Seriously considering pulling the trigger too. Thanks

Quick Reply: LED Headlight Conversion Kit