Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

LED Headlight Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2023, 02:01 AM
2PartsEther
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder what the difference between "USA" and "ECE" actually is?
Old 05-17-2023, 02:22 AM
Agencik
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sami_cayenne
Below steps would help you but there might be some additional steps as you programme the lights. PIWIS will give you indication what module needs to be configured/calibrated. Also if you bought second hand lights, it might already been programmed and all you need to enable the option. But if you bought brand new lights(like I did), PIWIS needs to programme(new headlight module programming is different to the PIWIS option enablement and car control unit programming as per steps below. The car module programming as per below steps enables the option and headlight programming programme the new headlight and modules attached to it) it which take good 30 minutes and you need to follow the process in the headlight module(while programming it asks to you do certain steps like turn off the car, turn again and start etc) which you would need to figure out on the fly. But dont worry too much as you wont mess up things. In worse case scenario if programming failed, you can start over or revert back to original headlight.

So Connect the PIWIS to the car and open PIWIS on the laptop ( I have PIWIS II and not 3. But steps below would be same with probably different interface)

Diagnostics > Cayenne > 92A from MY 2011

Once you are the modules section selection ADDITIONAL MENU from bottom list (It asks to create a VAL, just select no)

Once you are in the additional Menu option

Maintenance of vehicle data > Next > Next > Next (here you will see all the option for the car)

Here you would have two options to change. Automatic Headlight which is High Beam Assit but for this your car needs to have front camera on the windscreen(just behind the rear view mirror). and the second option to change XENON headllights to LED under MAIN HEADLIGHTS. I have attached two snapshots of the settings my car have. For LED headlight there are 3 settings, one for USA, one for Right Hand Traffic and then for Left Hand Traffic. Me being in LHT country so I had selected that.

Scroll down and find MAIN HEADLIGHT and in Value Section Led option as per your region

Click Next > Next ( it will down you then a screen with new value and old value)

Hit Save(F8)

Click Back Twice which will take you to main control unit section screen.

Here you will need to select all modules and doing programming (usually if you know which control unit are required, you can just select two and programme) but in this instance I did select all unless someone can tell you which modules are programmed for this upgrade(but select all is find as well which I did)

Select All(Ctrl A) > Coding Adaptations > Automatic Coding > Next (it will start reading all codes and then writing and will take good 10-15 mins)
(BEFORE you do the programming, make sure your battery is in good condition and car is connected to a external power source as you dont want you car to shutdown while programming is in progress otherwise it could mess up the car and come back might be very difficult. ( I have Schumacher INC100 which can provide upto 100Amps of continuous power and allow car to remain on)

Once its done, check the Fault Memory of Headlight module and all other modules as well, to see whats errors or require further configuration(e.g new headlight calibration). and go from there.

It will take some time and go back and forward to get all done but its not that much difficult. Just follow the prompts and errors and you would know what is missing and what needs to be done.

thanks a lot 🙏 I’ll try today when I’m back from work 🙃😁 hopefully all will go ok and I’ll have nice led headlights 🤞 thank you!!!
Old 05-17-2023, 05:01 PM
Agencik
Intermediate

Below steps would help you but there might be some additional steps as you programme the lights. PIWIS will give you indication what module needs to be configured/calibrated. Also if you bought second hand lights, it might already been programmed and all you need to enable the option. But if you bought brand new lights(like I did), PIWIS needs to programme(new headlight module programming is different to the PIWIS option enablement and car control unit programming as per steps below. The car module programming as per below steps enables the option and headlight programming programme the new headlight and modules attached to it) it which take good 30 minutes and you need to follow the process in the headlight module(while programming it asks to you do certain steps like turn off the car, turn again and start etc) which you would need to figure out on the fly. But dont worry too much as you wont mess up things. In worse case scenario if programming failed, you can start over or revert back to original headlight.

So Connect the PIWIS to the car and open PIWIS on the laptop ( I have PIWIS II and not 3. But steps below would be same with probably different interface)

Diagnostics > Cayenne > 92A from MY 2011

Once you are the modules section selection ADDITIONAL MENU from bottom list (It asks to create a VAL, just select no)

Once you are in the additional Menu option

Maintenance of vehicle data > Next > Next > Next (here you will see all the option for the car)

Here you would have two options to change. Automatic Headlight which is High Beam Assit but for this your car needs to have front camera on the windscreen(just behind the rear view mirror). and the second option to change XENON headllights to LED under MAIN HEADLIGHTS. I have attached two snapshots of the settings my car have. For LED headlight there are 3 settings, one for USA, one for Right Hand Traffic and then for Left Hand Traffic. Me being in LHT country so I had selected that.

Scroll down and find MAIN HEADLIGHT and in Value Section Led option as per your region

Click Next > Next ( it will down you then a screen with new value and old value)

Hit Save(F8)

Click Back Twice which will take you to main control unit section screen.

Here you will need to select all modules and doing programming (usually if you know which control unit are required, you can just select two and programme) but in this instance I did select all unless someone can tell you which modules are programmed for this upgrade(but select all is find as well which I did)

Select All(Ctrl A) > Coding Adaptations > Automatic Coding > Next (it will start reading all codes and then writing and will take good 10-15 mins)
(BEFORE you do the programming, make sure your battery is in good condition and car is connected to a external power source as you dont want you car to shutdown while programming is in progress otherwise it could mess up the car and come back might be very difficult. ( I have Schumacher INC100 which can provide upto 100Amps of continuous power and allow car to remain on)

Once its done, check the Fault Memory of Headlight module and all other modules as well, to see whats errors or require further configuration(e.g new headlight calibration). and go from there.

It will take some time and go back and forward to get all done but its not that much difficult. Just follow the prompts and errors and you would know what is missing and what needs to be done.

I did try today to do that but no luck but for some reason when I go to fault memory I’m getting voltage too low on the headlights and limitations so I wonder if that’s not a problem? Also question regarding piwis do you know maybe which software I should use 38.250 or 41.600 and should do this in engineering mode or different? Also add that when I plugged in headlights they doesn’t work at all only when I turn the ignition dry blink and stays off nothing works on any light position 🤷🏻‍♂️

Old 05-17-2023, 09:14 PM
sami_cayenne
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

You dont need engineering mode for this. Normal mode should do the work. You are programming in the engineer mode(With German) which is not required. Just use the normal mode.

Also, did you manage to change the VIN number in the extended Identification section. As if you bought the light second hand, these would have VIN of previous and without changing, it will give you errors and programming will not go through.

Headlight will not work unless programming is done and all errors are gone.

For software, I have 38.250

Also the errors you mentioned, in the active column, they are greyed out, mean these errors are not longer there(mean they are cleared). Delete all the Faults(in the below DELETE FML) and then see what errors comes again.

The first coding error is only valid. if VIN is changed and you have done the procedure as per previous post and delete FML and it first coding error still stay there. Then its mean you need to code the Headlight modules . Go to Maintenance Repairs tab and use Headlight commissioning option.

Last edited by sami_cayenne; 05-17-2023 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-17-2023, 09:27 PM
Agencik
Intermediate

You dont need engineering mode for this. Normal mode should do the work
Also, did you manage to change the VIN number in the extended Identification section. As if you bought the light second hand, these would have VIN of previous and without changing, it will give you errors and programming will not go through.

Headlight will not work unless programming is done and all errors are gone.

For software, I have 38.250
Hi, I’ve added vin number to the ballast I think but in the maintenance/ repair section so don’t know if I did properly? sometimes driver headlight starts playing up like flashing some code I think or other time I’m able to switch on high beam. I’m just wondering if the ballast are correct, number on the label is 7pp941572 BB so it’s correct but when I go to coding shows 7pp941572A ill add also that All the modules purchased separate, according to seller suppose to be new and that’s the only one place where I need to add vin? I was able to change from xenon to led headlights but soon when I’m going to do coding keeps getting error and in the list coded modules there is no headlights module so I’m a bit confused 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ thanks for help!

Old 05-17-2023, 11:25 PM
sami_cayenne
Advanced

Did you try to commission the headlights in the Maintenance Repairs section??
Old 05-18-2023, 02:15 AM
Agencik
Intermediate

yes I’ve done this too with no luck soon when I do check actual spec on the gateway comes up with headlight left and right with red dash next to it and I can’t change that or if I do accept new conf doesn’t do anything either
Old 05-18-2023, 03:27 AM
Agencik
Intermediate

can you please read out your modules? I wanna know if this modules are correct as that would explain why there is under voltage if they not. As far as I know ending A it’s for Audi with led no drl And BB was only for Porsche led + drl unless they need some other programming which I’m missing. So Maine shows as 7PP941572A as pictured before. Thanks a lot for help
Old 05-18-2023, 07:21 AM
sami_cayenne
Advanced

Originally Posted by Agencik
can you please read out your modules? I wanna know if this modules are correct as that would explain why there is under voltage if they not. As far as I know ending A it’s for Audi with led no drl And BB was only for Porsche led + drl unless they need some other programming which I’m missing. So Maine shows as 7PP941572A as pictured before. Thanks a lot for help
Thats what I have.

Old 05-18-2023, 07:40 AM
Agencik
Intermediate

Thats what I have.

exactly! Mine had label with BB on the module but inside is A how I don’t know but I’ve contacted company which I have them from and they send another two today from Croatia with express delivery so hopefully tomorrow will have them and hopefully this time they will be right ones 🤞 as that’s the under voltage comes from I think and because of that won’t let me do the coding
Old 05-18-2023, 07:56 AM
sami_cayenne
Advanced

where did you buy the parts from. Do you have a link to it? If part no outside is diff that inside, then it seems fishy.
Old 05-18-2023, 08:00 AM
sami_cayenne
Advanced

Originally Posted by Agencik
exactly! Mine had label with BB on the module but inside is A how I don’t know but I’ve contacted company which I have them from and they send another two today from Croatia with express delivery so hopefully tomorrow will have them and hopefully this time they will be right ones 🤞 as that’s the under voltage comes from I think and because of that won’t let me do the coding
This is what my igniter looks like

Old 05-18-2023, 09:19 AM
Agencik
Intermediate

This is what my igniter looks like
my igniter looks the same but recognises as A 🤷🏻‍♂️
Old 05-18-2023, 10:55 AM
Agencik
Intermediate

where did you buy the parts from. Do you have a link to it? If part no outside is diff that inside, then it seems fishy.
i bought them on ebay from the Seller: xenon-europe:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323766039...mis&media=COPY

that’s what I thought but they seems to be ok as they straightaway offered replacement or refund and I bought them 6 weeks ago just I was waiting for piwis that’s why took me so long 🤷🏻‍♂️ anyway they already posted replacement and it’s possible that I’ll get them tomorrow so 🤞 they are ok
Old 05-19-2023, 07:41 PM
Agencik
Intermediate

Hi all again,
I’ve received new ballast modules and everything was looking ok as soon when I connected them I was able to switch the main light but no drl or high beam and all the numbers where correct so I double checked the coding in “additional manu” which was set to “no high beam assist” and main headlights to “led-hsw ece lv + dyn. Kurvenlicht since my car is right hand drive so I choose all the modules and press coding then automatic coding and didn’t pass the coding fully but when the all the modules showed there was nothing regarding the headlights 🤷🏻‍♂️ so I went to the fault memory delete all faults in the headlights modukes and only one left which was coding so I knew it wasn’t done so I went to maintance on gateway and read the new config and noticed under the left and right headlight there is red dash(see pic) and when I executed but nothing changed and I can’t even change manualy in there so went back choose right and left headlight module and done commissioning soon when started showing what it will be doing notice that it is changing program (see pic) for 7pp941572A_0003 which I’m not sure if it’s correct but anyway this goes to 6% then stays for a while and after 1.25 minute goes to 100 and says it has not been completed successfully 🤷🏻‍♂️ and since then left headlight died completely so now I have only one headlight working on main beam 😞 so don’t know if that ballast is already gone? Or can be saved? Any advice appreciated thanks a lot

Quick Reply: LED Headlight Conversion Kit