Sponsored By:

LED Headlight Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2023, 09:41 AM
Agencik
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sami_cayenne
Have been browsing some sites for kill time and one of the website(MHAuto, where people sell all kind of software) also mentions that VAS cannot programme headlights. Exact message is "All Piwis versions with VAS6154 clone cannot encode the headlights due to the lack of baud rate of the VAS6154" so hopefully the other you buying will do the trick.

https://mhhauto.com/Thread-Remote-In...hlight=cayenne
yes already read it that and that’s why I’ve ordered clone 1:1 so hopefully this will work
Old 06-06-2023, 11:38 PM
fredk123
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Agencik
yes already read it that and that’s why I’ve ordered clone 1:1 so hopefully this will work
any luck with your headlights?
Old 06-07-2023, 03:08 AM
Agencik
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fkoosha
any luck with your headlights?
still waiting for vci hopefully this week should Be with me
Old 06-08-2023, 02:20 PM
Dr.-Ing
AutoX

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm interested in the outcome as well. Subscribed.
Old 06-09-2023, 12:36 AM
fredk123
Track Day

still waiting for vci hopefully this week should Be with me
I spoke with someone knowledgeable about this and they suggested that it might be that the piwis version that we have has the older version on hardware/software for the headlight module and therefore it’ll need to download the latest for the correct module from porsche or it needs to be uploaded via the engineering version under a “flash file”.
does anyone know if the 41.500 + 38.250 version of piwis can go online for this purpose or any ideas on where the flash file could be found to import manually into piwis?
Old 06-11-2023, 08:24 AM
Agencik
Intermediate

Hi, I’ve some update as I’ve receive clone pt3g but of course had some problems with activation as they activated piwis2 but when they finish piwis3 something happened with system and have errors and the apps doesn’t work something with Java as I’m getting errors on startup. Anyway since piwis2 seems to be working I give it a try and manage to retrieve the igniters and I’ve got PN now but still not good as when I try to do commissioning it will pass first 3 stages but then again comes up with some errors with Java or lost connection so I think still something wrong either with vci or system 🤷🏻‍♂️ so at the moment lights works only I guess in limp mode where I can get only low beam so no high beam or drl (but on evening coming and leaving home works with drl’s) so I’m lost now again but looks like all this Chinese modules missing something? Unless someone knows some solution let me kno. Thanks

Attached Images  
Old 06-11-2023, 09:14 AM
sami_cayenne
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

This seems to be software issue. Does not seller have some sort of warranty so they can fix/replace the module??

The one I have is Chinese as well but its running on dedicated hardware and not a VM and also uses Samtec HSX interface.
Old 06-11-2023, 09:38 AM
Agencik
Intermediate

This seems to be software issue. Does not seller have some sort of warranty so they can fix/replace the module??

The one I have is Chinese as well but its running on dedicated hardware and not a VM and also uses Samtec HSX interface.
clone which I’ve now is the same but I had once done issue when the samtec app just came up and reported no connection 🤷🏻‍♂️and I. And see it performs much better than vas but maybe there is some bug in the system or connection in module don’t know. Warranty with Chinese it’s really hard but I’m trying to return other one and it was declined on the first instance but I’ve provided them video and will see maybe next week they will get back to me but more likely will decline again 🤷🏻‍♂️ so at the moment I regret that I’ve started this now 😞 anyway I’m going to try some thing today again as I’m stubborn like donkey 😂 one question did you had to perform commissioning when you did upgrade as you only mentioned about maintenance of vehicle data and then automatic coding for all modules? Even if I’ve no front camera should set to pdls+ option? And that’s the only two options you have to change (xenon to led + no automatic headlights to pdls+ automatic headlight or pdls+ dynamic headlights) thanks
Old 06-11-2023, 07:42 PM
sami_cayenne
Advanced

clone which I’ve now is the same but I had once done issue when the samtec app just came up and reported no connection 🤷🏻‍♂️and I. And see it performs much better than vas but maybe there is some bug in the system or connection in module don’t know. Warranty with Chinese it’s really hard but I’m trying to return other one and it was declined on the first instance but I’ve provided them video and will see maybe next week they will get back to me but more likely will decline again 🤷🏻‍♂️ so at the moment I regret that I’ve started this now 😞 anyway I’m going to try some thing today again as I’m stubborn like donkey 😂 one question did you had to perform commissioning when you did upgrade as you only mentioned about maintenance of vehicle data and then automatic coding for all modules? Even if I’ve no front camera should set to pdls+ option? And that’s the only two options you have to change (xenon to led + no automatic headlights to pdls+ automatic headlight or pdls+ dynamic headlights) thanks
Yes did both
- Changed to option to LED Headlight and PDLS+ ( I have front camera.). If you dont have it, it will just throw an error every time so dont do it.
- Performed commissioning
Old 06-26-2023, 09:29 AM
peterb1986
Track Day

Hi, Were you able to sort things out?
Old 06-26-2023, 09:46 AM
fredk123
Track Day

Guys it’s all about the software/hardware that we have which is obviously not genuine. This one needs to be done by the dealership.
I spent several hours playing with everything and it got me no where! Took the car to the dealer And they tried the exact same thing that would fail for me and it worked. Piece of advice, don’t waste your time on this one and just get it programmed by them. The chinese clone won’t do it.

Last edited by fredk123; 06-26-2023 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-26-2023, 10:23 AM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 175 Likes on 138 Posts

Guys it’s all about the software/hardware that we have which is obviously not genuine. This one needs to be done by the dealership.
I spent several hours playing with everything and it got me no where! Took the car to the dealer And they tried the exact same thing that would fail for me and it worked. Piece of advice, don’t waste your time on this one and just get it programmed by them. The chinese clone won’t do it.
I Bet it just needs a code from the mothership.
Old 06-26-2023, 08:45 PM
sami_cayenne
Advanced

You can code using Chinese PIWIS without any issues. I have done it in first try so its not true that it needs to be from dealer.

The issue here is we are trying with PIWIS III which I dont have any exposure, I have PIWIS II and it codes everything.
Old 06-26-2023, 09:03 PM
fredk123
Track Day

I don’t have the PIWIS II, I tried with PIWIS III 38.250 and 41.500 and it didn’t do the job. Can you use the PIWIS II with the Chinese VAS 6154 clone?

You can code using Chinese PIWIS without any issues. I have done it in first try so its not true that it needs to be from dealer.

The issue here is we are trying with PIWIS III which I dont have any exposure, I have PIWIS II and it codes everything.
Old 06-26-2023, 11:33 PM
sami_cayenne
Advanced

I don’t have the PIWIS II, I tried with PIWIS III 38.250 and 41.500 and it didn’t do the job. Can you use the PIWIS II with the Chinese VAS 6154 clone?
No VAS does not work. I have Samtec which works.

Quick Reply: LED Headlight Conversion Kit