Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

POCOM who has it, is it better than others?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2022, 12:11 PM
wraedeohed
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default POCOM who has it, is it better than others?

Morning fellow Porschephiles. I'm in the market for a diagnostics/fault/service reset reader. I want to be able to do my brakes with no issues, change my transfer case oil, replace my battery, etc...

I'd also like to be able to change code models for specific features (I'm looking at YOU side view mirrors that don't fold when I lock)...

I know about Durametric, but have heard very mixed reviews. I've seen very few things about PoCom but they've always been positive. It's pricey, but it seems to have more features than it's competitors, and free updates.

Has anyone purchased, or tried it out?

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2022, 12:45 PM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 740 Likes on 529 Posts

Hi @wraedeohed , did you search this thread?

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...iscussion.html

There's several mentions of POCOM...
Old 10-01-2022, 10:29 AM
jaystonewee
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I have it and use it. Primary reason I picked it over others was my familiarity with VAGCOM (more specifically RossTech VCDS) as well as cost. If you have VAS1552 or VAGCOM experience it's OK, otherwise I feel the other options out there are as good functionality wise and probably better with respect to user interface.

There are two issues with POCOM that drop it down a couple notches from being great IMHO:
1. I have experienced many instances of coding not being successfully written or changed. Whether this is specific to my Cayenne or user error I cannot say, but it is mildly frustrating.
2. Support and small knowledge base. With VAGCOM and that community/user group there is a tremendous amount of information and experience to be gleaned from online. Not so much with POCOM.

If you have a laptop to use and aren't looking for an all in one hardware/software UI, it's a good way to get started for not a lot of scratch.

Good luck.

Last edited by jaystonewee; 10-01-2022 at 10:39 AM.

Quick Reply: POCOM who has it, is it better than others?