Sponsored By:

Help with Auto Headlight and Trunk liftgate shocks

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2021, 06:51 PM
dc1225
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 101 Posts
Default Help with Auto Headlight and Trunk liftgate shocks

Hi guys. Couple of quick questions on my 13 CS please.

1. Auto Headlight-light came on during noon time, bright daylight. Happened twice in a month. Hasn't happened again. Light also would not come on one time when it got dark. I had to manually turn it on. Do you think the sensor is going bad? I had to have my car jump started recently due to not driving it in a month. This didn't happen prior to jump start. Battery is less an 1 year old.

2. My trunk lift gate opens 3/4 of the way. I suppose I should consider a replacement. OEM's are very pricy. Any aftermarket suggestions? Is it hard to replace? Do you have to un do the trim pieces? It looks like the screws are right there but I saw on the older models where the guys took out the trim pieces.
Old 08-07-2021, 07:35 PM
vwbrd
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by dc1225
Hi guys. Couple of quick questions on my 13 CS please.

1. Auto Headlight-light came on during noon time, bright daylight. Happened twice in a month. Hasn't happened again. Light also would not come on one time when it got dark. I had to manually turn it on. Do you think the sensor is going bad? I had to have my car jump started recently due to not driving it in a month. This didn't happen prior to jump start. Battery is less an 1 year old.

2. My trunk lift gate opens 3/4 of the way. I suppose I should consider a replacement. OEM's are very pricy. Any aftermarket suggestions? Is it hard to replace? Do you have to un do the trim pieces? It looks like the screws are right there but I saw on the older models where the guys took out the trim pieces.
For 2. There is an adjustment procedure for how far it opens. Do you think yours is failing to operate, or just not opening far enough?

check your manual, but I think you hold the close button til it beeps, then move it open to the height you want.
Old 08-07-2021, 10:31 PM
dbv1
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

There’s a DIY for the tailgate. I used Porsche struts but some folks later found cheaper aftermarket ones.
Old 08-07-2021, 11:32 PM
dc1225
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dbv1
There’s a DIY for the tailgate. I used Porsche struts but some folks later found cheaper aftermarket ones.
Originally Posted by vwbrd
For 2. There is an adjustment procedure for how far it opens. Do you think yours is failing to operate, or just not opening far enough?

check your manual, but I think you hold the close button til it beeps, then move it open to the height you want.
ok thank you.
Old 08-08-2021, 11:24 AM
Blaine Sellie
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I used the aftermarket struts on eBay....about $160. Only takes 30 minutes to replace. Works fine..........
Old 08-08-2021, 11:40 AM
dc1225
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dbv1
Originally Posted by Blaine Sellie
I used the aftermarket struts on eBay....about $160. Only takes 30 minutes to replace. Works fine..........

I was looking at this one but couldn't find any information on it so I decided to purchase OEM from Gaudin. Blaine, did you have to take the molding trims out?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/28402911483...01e3%7Ciid%3A1
Old 08-08-2021, 03:01 PM
Blaine Sellie
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dc1225
I was looking at this one but couldn't find any information on it so I decided to purchase OEM from Gaudin. Blaine, did you have to take the molding trims out?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/28402911483...01e3%7Ciid%3A1
That's the one I purchased on EBay from the same seller. If I recall you need to remove the interior panel on the liftgate, a couple screws hold in the lights, a couple screws in the what looks like a tool compartment (the screws are driven through the Velcro), then I believe the entire panel pops out. Really simple...
Old 08-08-2021, 03:41 PM
dc1225
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Blaine Sellie
That's the one I purchased on EBay from the same seller. If I recall you need to remove the interior panel on the liftgate, a couple screws hold in the lights, a couple screws in the what looks like a tool compartment (the screws are driven through the Velcro), then I believe the entire panel pops out. Really simple...
ok thanks!

Quick Reply: Help with Auto Headlight and Trunk liftgate shocks