Experiences with Fidelity Extended Warranties

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 06:54 PM
dwbf11
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lml999
No personal experience.

However, the threads on the BBB.org site are pretty entertaining...

https://www.bbb.org/us/mo/o-fallon/p...072/complaints

TLR I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.
Read those and my take away was a lot of folks just don’t understand how these warranties work generally. Or the guy complaining that his gold coverage didn't cover something that the exclusionary (Platinum) did.

The Macan folks and BMW boards seem to have positive experiences but can’t find much in the Cayenne context.

Last edited by dwbf11; 05-26-2021 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-25-2021, 07:12 PM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 740 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Read those and my take away was a lot of folks just don’t understand how these warranties work generally.

The Macan folks and BMW boards seem to have positive experiences but can’t find much in the Cayenne context.
Google is your friend.

I've heard nothing but good things about Fidelity, from multiple owners.

And my Touareg came with a Fidelity warranty. Transferring the warranty was simple. And when we turned it in, we got a prorated refund on the balance of the contract... No muss, no fuss...just what you want from insurance.
Old 05-25-2021, 07:40 PM
dwbf11
AutoX

Google is your friend.

I've heard nothing but good things about Fidelity, from multiple owners.

And my Touareg came with a Fidelity warranty. Transferring the warranty was simple. And when we turned it in, we got a prorated refund on the balance of the contract... No muss, no fuss...just what you want from insurance.
Agreed, and I have a Fidelity warranty on another car at home so I am very familiar. Just curious if anyone has other experiences when I have a chance to save a couple grand for what is (at least on paper) identical coverage.
Old 05-26-2021, 07:52 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts

As a recent RENNLIST Forum sponsor, we’ve been staying very busy helping members here with the Fidelity Plans. Visit our Online Warranty Portal to purchase your Fidelity Extended Warranty Plan. The prices shown are among the highest discounts available, so browse the options and choose the appropriate coverage for your vehicle.

https://tinyurl.com/SteingoldVolvoCarsVIP

It’s a live quoting tool that we’ve setup for easy online quoting and checkout. And the quote is instant, and free of charge. If you like what you see, simply place your order, and We will process ASAP and send your contract via email for e-signature.

If any questions, don’t hesitate!

PS: use promocode RENNLIST for an extra $200.00 discount at checkout!

Homepage: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Get 100% Free Online Quote: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/ (Code: RENNLIST for $200.00 Member Discount)
Old 05-30-2021, 11:28 PM
Oneday997
Pro

Received 258 Likes on 133 Posts

I had never purchased an extended warranty before but I decided to do a little experiment - the ‘15S has a Fidelity warranty and the ‘16 GTS does not. So far both bets have paid off! On the S I paid about $5k for the warranty and so far it has paid out close to $20k! The GTS on the other hand has been pretty solid though the timing belt cover bolts were replaced just before the factory warranty ran out. Just luck of the draw I guess, but it’s pretty easy to spend $5k on repairs for these cars so breaking even isn’t that hard to do. Fidelity has been great - no hassles with any claims so far.
Old 05-31-2021, 11:29 AM
PGas32
Rennlist Member

Received 191 Likes on 104 Posts

I haven’t had to use it yet, but I bought the Gold 4 yr/48k for $2900 earlier this year. Worth mentioning that my GTS was still under the factory warranty and had under 40k miles. I’ve never purchased a warranty before, but this seemed like a good value to me, especially with the timing cover leaks known to be an issue on the 3.6TT.
Old 05-31-2021, 12:58 PM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SteingoldVolvoCars
As a recent RENNLIST Forum sponsor, we’ve been staying very busy helping members here with the Fidelity Plans. Visit our Online Warranty Portal to purchase your Fidelity Extended Warranty Plan. The prices shown are among the highest discounts available, so browse the options and choose the appropriate coverage for your vehicle.

https://tinyurl.com/SteingoldVolvoCarsVIP
I get a pretty high quote on my 2015 Cayenne S. I'm assuming that your system doesn't know that the car currently has a CPO warranty in place. Shouldn't that bring the cost of the coverage down, as long as I purchase the Fidelity warranty prior to the expiration of the CPO coverage?

Thanks!
Old 11-30-2021, 03:07 PM
Vigo
7th Gear

Default Extended Warranty Price Quotes from Porsche Dealer

I Recently picked up a 2016 Cayenne S with 43k miles on it. It's under CPO until the end of this year, so I started to inquire about extending the warranty with the dealer. In a previous Cayenne purchase, I bought the extended warranty from the dealer, which was through Fidelity. I have zero complaints or issues with them, they covered and paid in full on all repairs, less my deductible. So I started the process again, with the dealer, I was a little surprised at the difference between the factory warranty and the aftermarket offered by Porsche (Fidelity), see below. Then on this Forum, i was educated that you can purchase the Fidelity warranty from other dealerships (non-Porsche) and WOW, what a difference in price. Below is the pricing sent to me from a Porsche dealer in the North East on Long Island. I then found Steingold Volvo, a dealer in RI, who sells the Fidelity Warranty. I had a few conversations with Michael Bernardo (person in charge of the extended warranties), and I was able to do it all on-line, and weigh all of my options, between different months of coverage and deductibles, they also gave a $200 discount for using the coupon RENNLIST. In the end I purchased the 36 month extended warranty for $4k with a $250 deductible, which was almost $3k cheaper than the dealers price for the same Fidelity Warranty.

Here are the options/prices from Porsche:
  • Platinum Coverage with @250 deductible
    • 2 yrs/24k miles = $7,312
    • 3 yrs/36k miles = $8,556
    • 4 yrs/48k miles = $9,836
  • Powertrain Coverage with $250 deductible
    • 2 yrs/24k miles = $4,700
    • 3 yrs/36k miles = $5,474
    • 4 yrs/48k miles = $6,260
Fidelity - quoted from Porsche:
  • Platinum Coverage with @250 deductible
    • 2 yrs/24k miles = $5,004
    • 3 yrs/36k miles = $6,934
    • 4 yrs/48k miles = $9,408
  • Powertrain Coverage (Fidelity) with $250 deductible
  • 2 yrs/24k miles = $2,604
  • 3 yrs/36k miles = $3,198
  • 4 yrs/48k miles = $3,878

Last edited by lml999; 12-01-2021 at 03:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
911guyinaz (04-28-2022)
Old 04-14-2022, 11:46 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Fidelity Portal for Free Quotes

Just finalized our Fidelity Portal for all 3 Levels of Coverage - Platinum/Gold/Powertrain, and even Tire & Wheel Protection Plans.

Use promocode RENNLIST for $200.00 discount: https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...ine-quote.html

Last edited by SteingoldVolvoCars; 04-15-2022 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-15-2022, 10:34 AM
Mlrjr
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 45 Posts

I bought a Endurance Warranty for my 2013 Audi A7 with 16,000 miles on it last year. I those the "pay monthly" option and its $127.00 per month for a bumper to bumper factory type warranty with 5 years / 60k miles. I was very skeptical to say the least, but the online reviews were all very good.. Only 3 months in and my water pump gave out. I had only paid in at that point about $600....it had a $225 start up/paperwork fee. The bill from Audi was around $1900........Endurance paid without question and even called me the next day to see if i were pleased with the outcome. It does have a $100 deductible per incident but so far, i would say that i am very happy. Just my 2 cents....
They quoted me $155 per month for my 2013 Cayenne S w/ 62,000 miles. It was only a "gold" 3 year/30k miles basically covering the engine/trans/AC. I did not get it however.....I'm rolling the dice baby!
Old 04-15-2022, 10:50 AM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mlrjr
I bought a Endurance Warranty for my 2013 Audi A7 with 16,000 miles on it last year. I those the "pay monthly" option and its $127.00 per month for a bumper to bumper factory type warranty with 5 years / 60k miles. I was very skeptical to say the least, but the online reviews were all very good.. Only 3 months in and my water pump gave out. I had only paid in at that point about $600....it had a $225 start up/paperwork fee. The bill from Audi was around $1900........Endurance paid without question and even called me the next day to see if i were pleased with the outcome. It does have a $100 deductible per incident but so far, i would say that i am very happy. Just my 2 cents....
They quoted me $155 per month for my 2013 Cayenne S w/ 62,000 miles. It was only a "gold" 3 year/30k miles basically covering the engine/trans/AC. I did not get it however.....I'm rolling the dice baby!
Hm, thanks for sharing - we don’t offer monthly installments, as we offer the max discounts up front.

Most would agree that paying monthly for coverage adds up quick, and with the pro-rated cancellation policy, the overall cost for coverage can be much less when paid in full versus installments.

Our tool has been getting lots of traction, and please let us know if anyone runs into any snags/issues with the portal / even if you’re not interested in purchasing, please give the portal a try as we’re trying to make sure there are no issues with the software - all three levels of Fidelity Coverage are now available, along with Tire/Wheel protection.

Get Free Quote Online Now: https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...e-quote.html#/

The following 2 users liked this post by SteingoldVolvoCars:
16PanaHybrid (04-15-2022), lml999 (04-15-2022)
Old 04-15-2022, 12:15 PM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Just finalized our Fidelity Portal for all 3 Levels of Coverage - Platinum/Gold/Powertrain, and even Tire & Wheel Protection Plans.

Use promocode RENNLIST for $200.00 discount: https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...ine-quote.html
Thanks Michael, glad the full set of offerings is back... I ran some trial quotes and thought I might have missed something!
Old 04-15-2022, 12:40 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks Michael, glad the full set of offerings is back... I ran some trial quotes and thought I might have missed something!
Took a lot of custom website work, but it should be perfect now, but please provide feedback if any issues when using the quoting tool!
The following 2 users liked this post by SteingoldVolvoCars:
16PanaHybrid (04-15-2022), lml999 (04-15-2022)
Old 04-15-2022, 02:32 PM
Mlrjr
Rennlist Member

Hm, thanks for sharing - we don’t offer monthly installments, as we offer the max discounts up front.

Most would agree that paying monthly for coverage adds up quick, and with the pro-rated cancellation policy, the overall cost for coverage can be much less when paid in full versus installments.

Our tool has been getting lots of traction, and please let us know if anyone runs into any snags/issues with the portal / even if you’re not interested in purchasing, please give the portal a try as we’re trying to make sure there are no issues with the software - all three levels of Fidelity Coverage are now available, along with Tire/Wheel protection.

Get Free Quote Online Now: https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...e-quote.html#/
I get it.......sadly i go thru cars so fast paying monthly seems like the cheapest way.....i have never had a car past 2 years.
Old 04-15-2022, 02:41 PM
Mlrjr
Rennlist Member

The portal worked really well. Platinum Coverage at 13k seems really high....
Even the lowest coverage was $8600 for 3 years.
That stings a little.....:0

Quick Reply: Experiences with Fidelity Extended Warranties