Sponsored By:

Experiences with Fidelity Extended Warranties

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2023, 08:34 PM
Epeviston
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Epeviston
the question is...how much of that would be covered under the various plans out there.
Originally Posted by Dr. G7
Doesn't that imply a losing proposition to the insurance company?

FYI, Rennlist sponsor Fidelity Warranty Services 2022 revenue $12.7 Million. 1.5 stars on Yelp. 3.3 on 351 google reviews

Here's a good article:
https://www.thedetroitbureau.com/gui...-car-warranty/
You forgot to quote the portion where I asked how much would've been covered by their plans.

[QUOTE=Dr. G7;18600082]
Originally Posted by Epeviston
...And it seems that the fidelity plan that is so highly reguarded on these forums doesn't even cover the most common problem lots of porsches have, air suspension problems.... QUOTE]

Their Gold program does cover

Gold Coverage This plan covers many parts from most major systems of the car including the engine, cooling, transmission, drive axle, suspension, electrical system and air conditioning.

Originally Posted by Dr. G7
In paragraph 15 of the Gold AND Platinum plan "exclusions" it says "shock absorbers". It even says that in your screenshot of the platinum plan above. Correct me if I'm wrong...the rear shocks are separate from the air bags...so maybe air bags are covered? The fronts are shock struts, not shock absorbers...so maybe a contextual grammatical issue? Are air shock struts covered or not...who here has successfully filed a claim for front air shock struts on a Porsche Fidelity plan?

Old 01-29-2023, 09:25 PM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 740 Likes on 529 Posts

This is the detailed coverage of the Fidelity Gold plan I'm looking at. Struts, pumps, lines bags are all specifically included.

Old 01-29-2023, 10:49 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 492 Likes on 363 Posts

As others have stated, air suspension is covered under Fidelity's Platinum and Gold coverage.

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 02-10-2023, 07:43 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts
Default ANNOUNCEMENT: *NEW* Online Fidelity Quoting Portal now live!

Hey all!

After several months of rigorous backend work, our brand-new Fidelity Quoting Portal is finally complete. The new site has an extremely easy to use layout, and will provide ALL options available through Fidelity. Previously, our system had limitations and could only present a select number of options, and most often left out the lower term plans, many of which are of interest to Rennlist/Porsche drivers.

The new system will instantly pull all data from Fidelity and quote instantly online - we've tested it for weeks now, and it seems to works flawlessly. It will present all three tiers of coverage, along with all terms/mileage, and all deductibles. The same goes for the Tire/Wheel Protection plans through Fidelity.

The site is now live with the new portal, so feel free to give it a try - and of course, I always welcome feedback.

We also have adjusted our overall pricing structure, and will continue to be among the lowest prices nationwide - we hope this new portal helps current Porsche owners, along with future owners during their vehicle search find the best Fidelity coverage plans available for their driving habits. We appreciate the constant support here, and are thrilled to be a continued sponsor. We support many forums, but none with the members as enthusiastic as Rennlist.

Further, we have put together a GIVEAWAY CONTEST to go along with the announcement of our new Fidelity Portal - click here to enter the contest, and you'll have a chance to win a $500.00 Amazon Gift Card - this was the best thing we could think of to show our appreciation, while appealing to most, if not all, of the member here. Thanks again to all those who have purchased from us, and those in the future - and remember, the RENNLIST promocode for $200.00 is still valid, so be sure to use it at checkout!

ENTER GIVEAWAY CONTEST: https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...d_widget=45343

GET FREE ONLINE QUOTE: https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...ine-quote.html

NEW FIDELITY PORTAL HOMEPAGE: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/

Homepage: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Get 100% Free Online Quote: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/ (Code: RENNLIST for $200.00 Member Discount)
Old 02-10-2023, 10:05 PM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SteingoldVolvoCars
Hey all!

After several months of rigorous backend work, our brand-new Fidelity Quoting Portal is finally complete.
Looks good Mike. I just ran a quote for my CS, which is coming off CPO in the spring. System is fast and I like how it presents a menu of the options to review. Pricing seems just a tad lower than before...

Wondering whether the Platinum at $2K additional is worth it for my CS...I'm thinking that's probably a safe bet.

Note: Fidelity took good care of me when I had multiple issues with my Q7 TDi - water pump, rear seals, etc. Covered everything, no pushback.
Old 02-10-2023, 10:08 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by lml999
Looks good Mike. I just ran a quote for my CS, which is coming off CPO in the spring. System is fast and I like how it presents a menu of the options to review. Pricing seems just a tad lower than before...

Wondering whether the Platinum at $2K additional is worth it for my CS...I'm thinking that's probably a safe bet.

Note: Fidelity took good care of me when I had multiple issues with my Q7 TDi - water pump, rear seals, etc. Covered everything, no pushback.
Appreciate the feedback - it seems great so far, and very quick - but once we push live to the masses, and the site activity jumps, there’s always potential for system errors - everything looks to be OK for now!
Old 04-19-2023, 07:03 PM
flaudia402
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Except you're unable to sell out of state now.
Old 04-19-2023, 07:04 PM
flaudia402
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Appreciate the feedback - it seems great so far, and very quick - but once we push live to the masses, and the site activity jumps, there’s always potential for system errors - everything looks to be OK for now!
You're unable to sell out of state now.
Old 04-19-2023, 07:10 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by flaudia402
You're unable to sell out of state now.

The only states we cannot work with are Florida or California. All other states have no restrictions.

https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/
Old 04-19-2023, 08:05 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 492 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by flaudia402
Except you're unable to sell out of state now.
We can service both Florida and California residents, reach out at tgibson@highline-autos.com or (855) 924-1333 for more information and competitive pricing.
Old 04-30-2023, 02:56 AM
NamesLucky
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd PM you guys, SteingoldVolvoCars / Highline , but I'm too low on posts ( old lurker with previous 996tt). I saw a requirement in the example contract to contact fidelity for approval before taking it to a shop that is not the selling dealership (I assume of the warranty, and not the vehicle?). In my case, my vehicle is also going to be purchased out of state and I will likely have an indy shop take care of me after factory warranty wears out, so how strict are they on this? I was surprised I had not seen any posts on this before given fidelity says it can be taken to any certified shop in brochures, but maybe it's not enforced, or my contact reading comprehension is sub par (very possible) , or it's not much of an inconvience to get approval from them each time?

Also, I assume a quote for a ~100 mile used car is same as new? I tried 0 miles and it did not pull up any available quotes (on steingold's site). Any discount for purchasing from either of you guys before taking delivery?

​​

Last edited by lml999; 04-30-2023 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-30-2023, 03:33 AM
NamesLucky
4th Gear

Again, sorry to not PM these questions.

​​

Last edited by lml999; 04-30-2023 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-30-2023, 07:41 AM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by NamesLucky
I'd PM you guys, SteingoldVolvoCars / Highline , but I'm too low on posts ( old lurker with previous 996tt). I saw a requirement in the example contract to contact fidelity for approval before taking it to a shop that is not the selling dealership (I assume of the warranty, and not the vehicle?). In my case, my vehicle is also going to be purchased out of state and I will likely have an indy shop take care of me after factory warranty wears out, so how strict are they on this? I was surprised I had not seen any posts on this before given fidelity says it can be taken to any certified shop in brochures, but maybe it's not enforced, or my contact reading comprehension is sub par (very possible) , or it's not much of an inconvience to get approval from them each time?

Also, I assume a quote for a ~100 mile used car is same as new? I tried 0 miles and it did not pull up any available quotes (on steingold's site). Any discount for purchasing from either of you guys before taking delivery?

Again, sorry to not PM these questions.

​​
Bringing the vehicle to an Indy shop will be no issue at all / just be sure to have them, or you, contact Fidelity for authorization before any work is attempted or completed. This is routine. It’s super simple to get authorization.

And our site will not work with “0” miles - this throws an error as no vehicle can technically have “0” miles according to Fidelity. For brand new vehicles, just use 10 or more. Hope this helps!

Old 04-30-2023, 10:49 AM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Bringing the vehicle to an Indy shop will be no issue at all / just be sure to have them, or you, contact Fidelity for authorization before any work is attempted or completed. This is routine. It’s super simple to get authorization.
That has been my experience with my Fidelity warranty. My indy shop has no issues working with Fidelity to get authorization or to get paid. It's a beautiful thing!
Old 04-30-2023, 02:14 PM
NamesLucky
4th Gear

And our site will not work with “0” miles - this throws an error as no vehicle can technically have “0” miles according to Fidelity. For brand new vehicles, just use 10 or more. Hope this helps!
Just want to confirm one more thing. Living in Montana, the closest dealership for the car I am buying is 2 hours away, is an indy shop an option with fidelity prior to factory warranty running out? I would assume no based on the contract,
just want to confirm.

​​

Quick Reply: Experiences with Fidelity Extended Warranties