Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 12:03 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Vegas993
@SteingolfVolvoCars do you do 24 months? The only option it will give me is 48 months.
Yes, for sure - give us a call at the office and we can help. 401-723-4700

Homepage: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Get 100% Free Online Quote: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/ (Code: RENNLIST for $200.00 Member Discount)
Old 07-15-2022, 03:36 PM
h1pst3r
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

In chatting with Porsche Monterey (where my '13 CS is coming from) I pushed back on the $10k Porsche warranty quote (72/70k) by saying I was going with Fidelity and suddenly was able to get 60/60k for $3800. The same warranty from Fidelity was $4811 (same $250 deductible). I was shocked and not shocked as Porsche clearly has a lot of leeway in how they mark up their factory warranties.

While I'd fully planned on going with Fidelity, the Porsche numbers were too good to pass up. Now my question is what do folks think about the wheel and tire warranty Porsche offers?

Thanks!

Old 07-15-2022, 04:10 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 492 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by h1pst3r
In chatting with Porsche Monterey (where my '13 CS is coming from) I pushed back on the $10k Porsche warranty quote (72/70k) by saying I was going with Fidelity and suddenly was able to get 60/60k for $3800. The same warranty from Fidelity was $4811 (same $250 deductible). I was shocked and not shocked as Porsche clearly has a lot of leeway in how they mark up their factory warranties.

While I'd fully planned on going with Fidelity, the Porsche numbers were too good to pass up. Now my question is what do folks think about the wheel and tire warranty Porsche offers?

Thanks!
I'm surprised you kept talking to them after not only did you just purchase a vehicle from them... they thought they'd be able to take you for a ride for OVER $6,000 straight into their pocket on the warranty!

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

The following users liked this post:
h1pst3r (07-15-2022)
Old 07-15-2022, 04:15 PM
h1pst3r
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
I'm surprised you kept talking to them after not only did you just purchase a vehicle from them... they thought they'd be able to take you for a ride for OVER $6,000 straight into their pocket on the warranty!
Eh, sellers do what sellers do; it's up to an informed consumer to know the zebra from the stripes. That's where Rennlist is such a great resource!!

Many thanks to all who have share their knowledge and experiences!

SteingoldVolvoCars (07-15-2022)
Old 09-20-2022, 07:08 PM
TyreReviews
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

If only these warranties covered back dated issues, it would make fixing my air suspension and head gasket leak much easier
Old 09-20-2022, 09:02 PM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 740 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by Herness
We are looking into Fidelity home warranty. Maybe someone can share such a experience?
Hi @Herness . According to Dr. Google, the company offering the Fidelity home warranty is unrelated to Fidelity auto warranties. Please repost this question in the Off Topic forum as it's not relevant to the Cayenne 958, except perhaps when it comes to the operation of the garage door.

https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topic-81/
Old 09-20-2022, 09:38 PM
AudieO
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought an extended warranty from a BMW dealer called "The Mechanic" for my M5. It was great! The vehicle must be inspected by the dealer first.
Old 09-21-2022, 09:22 PM
Dsandler
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Shopping extended warranties and I seem to have settled on the Fidelity Platinum. Car in question is a 958.2 GTS so I am looking to cover (among other issues) the air suspension components. Anyone have this warranty and any experiences with the warranty covering (or not covering) various issues with the car? I know wear items are excluded.

Also curious if anyone got the Gold versus the Platinum and found that to be adequate.

Thanks!
I just paid 2500 for one year/12k miles on a 0 deductible for my 2017 gts that just came off CPO. I’m gonna order a new gts PTS in a few months so this was just a placeholder. I think it was not a bad price for a car with 60k miles
Old 09-22-2022, 12:24 AM
Shadows89
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I got fid Plat for 40k miles for $10k
this is for 80k to 120k miles coverage where I expect tons of things will fail...2016 TTS
Bonus, I get to pay it with cc. So...got some nice points
Old 12-28-2022, 09:54 PM
991howl
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Greetings,
2013 CD at 63K miles.
Porsche DieselGate warranty expires early next year. Had Fidelity Platinum(FP) that expired < a month ago. Never had to use it.
Thinking about getting FP again. Anyone currently carrying FP on CD's and used it ? May I know the experience(s) please?
Looks like Exhaust System is not covered under FP (which maybe the Achilles heal of CD)
So, am assuming CD owners are on our own for anything related to Exhaust System. Thoughts?
TIA
Old 12-28-2022, 10:33 PM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 991howl
Greetings,
2013 CD at 63K miles.
Porsche DieselGate warranty expires early next year. Had Fidelity Platinum(FP) that expired < a month ago. Never had to use it.
Thinking about getting FP again. Anyone currently carrying FP on CD's and used it ? May I know the experience(s) please?
Looks like Exhaust System is not covered under FP (which maybe the Achilles heal of CD)
So, am assuming CD owners are on our own for anything related to Exhaust System. Thoughts?
TIA
I just exercised a Fidelity extended drive train warranty on my '13 Q7 TDi, with 163K miles. Fidelity paid to replace water pump, rear main seals, and timing cover seals. Total was about $7K. My out of pocket was $500, for the deductible. Investing in the extended warranty paid off nicely.

They do not cover the exhaust system. I do not know if the emissions control system is covered, as that might be considered separate from exhaust...Need to read the contract specifics...
The following 2 users liked this post by lml999:
991howl (12-28-2022), h1pst3r (12-28-2022)
Old 12-28-2022, 11:45 PM
991howl
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the quick reply @lml999 .
Looks like you are 1 and Fidelity 0 for the current innings. (in my case 0 and 2, including my 2013 911).
wonder if "Exhaust System" and "Emission Control System" are subsets/supersets

from the FP exclusion extract (copied from a diff thread/PDF)

"UNDER PLATINUM COVERAGE, ANY OF THE FOLLOWING PARTS: BRAKE LININGS, BRAKE DRUMS AND ROTORS, DISC BRAKE PADS, STANDARD MANUAL TRANSMISSION CLUTCH FRICTION DISC, PRESSURE PLATE, PILOT BEARING, THROW-OUT BEARING AND ARM, AIR BAGS, SOLAR POWERED DEVICES, GLASS, LENSES, SEALED BEAMS, BODY PARTS AND/OR PANELS, WEATHER STRIPPING, TRIM, MOLDINGS, LOCK CYLINDERS, TIRES, WHEELS, ALL BATTERIES EXCEPT HYBRID/EV/HYDROGEN HIGH VOLTAGE BATTERIES AS LISTED UNDER GOLD, LIGHT BULBS, UPHOLSTERY, PAINT, BRIGHT METAL, FREEZE PLUGS, FILTERS, HEATER AND RADIATOR HOSES, EXHAUST SYSTEM, CATALYTIC CONVERTER, SHOCK ABSORBERS, WORK SUCH AS FRONT-END ALIGNMENT OR WHEEL BALANCING (EXCEPT WHEN REQUIRED IN CONJUNCTION WITH A MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN), SAFETY RESTRAINT SYSTEMS, AUDIO/SECURITY OR OTHER SYSTEMS NOT FACTORY INSTALLED, OR VINYL AND CONVERTIBLE TOPS;"

But the Fidelity Powertrain Engine inclusion verbiage(PDF) listed below indicates it maybe covered?

"ENGINE: All internally lubricated parts contained within the engine, plus the following: intake manifold; exhaust manifolds; balance shaft; water pump; fuel pump, diesel injection pump, diesel oil controlled fuel injectors; thermostat; timing gears, chain or belt, and tensioner; oil pump; rotor housing, rotors, shims and silent shaft; all internal fasteners, nuts and bolts; turbocharger/supercharger assembly including boost valve, boost pressure control, wastegate, recirculation and blow off valve; seals and gaskets."

The Fidelity Platinum Megathread - Page 3 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums
Old 12-29-2022, 07:52 AM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

@991howl Generally if it's not mentioned, it's not covered. Or if it's excluded...

On the diesel engine the fuel pump *is* covered, and that is one of the two weak points (and the more expensive one). There are limited reports of the HPFP grenading and taking out the injection system. That, as you can imagine, is a bigger expense than the DEF system... It's unclear to me whether the DEF system is covered...I'd assume that it's not and then argue it if necessary...
Old 12-29-2022, 10:38 AM
Vigo
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just purchased my 3rd Fidelity Extended Warranty, the first time I overpaid and bought it directly from the Porsche Dealer for my 2014 958. The second time around, I bought it from Michael Bernardo at Steingold Volvo in RI, and saved thousands from what the Porsche dealer wanted to charge me for my 2016 958.2. I just recently purchased another extended warranty for a 2017 Range Rover Supercharged, 72 months, 60k miles, for roughly $5k. Very simple process, I didn't have to have the car inspected in RI, which is great because I live in NY. I have used the warranty on both Porsche's and have never had an issue, they pay the dealers labor rate, they cover the factory parts and i have nothing but good things to say about Fidelity and the easy process working with Mike. I pasted his contact information below, in case anyone wanted it.

-Doug

Michael Bernardo
Director of Marketing
Steingold Volvo Cars
401-723-4700 x126
https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/
michael.bernardo@steingoldvolvocars.com
SteingoldVolvoCars (01-10-2023)
Old 12-30-2022, 10:15 AM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 175 Posts

We have Fidelity Platinum on both my CD and wife's '14 Panamera S e-Hybrid. We had Fidelity on her A8, and they covered issues without any problem. The only one they denied was the rear windshield sunshade. I called them and explained that the sunshade issue was due to the sunshade motor.....not the "curtain" and you can't buy them separately. They covered it.

Definitely buy from Michael Bernado.....best prices by far. We did go with the $250 deductible. I just don't want to own a German car without any warranty coverage. It's insurance, so it's one of those thins you buy hoping you never use it. There are many expensive things that can possibly fail on either of our vehicles, so just buying piece of mind.

Last edited by lml999; 12-30-2022 at 02:56 PM.
SteingoldVolvoCars (01-10-2023)

Quick Reply: Experiences with Fidelity Extended Warranties