Sponsored By:

18 diesels nationwide.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2021, 10:30 PM
ecostellodo
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ecobon
Could be a very nicely equipped 958.1 on eBay. Metallic Blue with Platinum Grey Interior. Includes 14-way seats, tow package, and air suspension w/PASM, Premium Package+. and roof rails!

2013 Cayenne Diesel - eBay
VIN: WP1AF2A26DLA28838 Price: $78,000.00 Exterior: Dark Blue Metallic Interior: StandardInteriorPlatinumGrey Warranty Start: November 24, 2012

BASE Cayenne Diesel 1BK AirSusp-Selflvl&HeightAdj-PASM 1D6 Trailer Hitch w/o Ball 1N3 Power Steering Plus 2C4 Memory Package for Electric Steering Column 2ZH Heated3-spokeMultifuncSW 3FE Moonroof 3PN Memory Package for Electrically Adjustable Seats 3S1 RoofRails w/Moldings-Aluminum 3Y8 ElecRollupSunblindRearSideWind 4A4 Heated Seats Front and Rear 4D3 Seat Ventilation Front 4L6 Auto Dimming Interior Rearview Morror 6XT Automatically Dimming Exterior Mirrors 7B6 12-Volt Outlet in Rear Center Consoles 7D7 Six-Disc Changer 7T1 PCM with Navigation Module 7X8 ReverCamera-ParkAssisFrontRear 7Y1 Lane Change Assist (LCA) 8EA Bi-Xenon(TM) Headlights w/PDLS 9MB Dimmable Interior LED Lighting 9VL BOSE(R) Surround Sound System EXT TPMS F09 19" Cayenne Design II Wheel MD StandardInteriorPlatinumGrey N4 Dark Blue Metallic PE5 14-way Power Seats-Memory Pkg PU3 Premium Package Plus PU6 Bose(R) Audio Package Q2J 14-way Power Seats-Memory Pkg QV4 SiriusXM(TM) Sat Radio Rcvr
Old 01-27-2021, 11:30 AM
coffeeisgood
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by christallon
Thanks to this thread, I was able to source a 2014 CD that was located in SD. It was advertised in the Auto Trader and I instantly knew it was the likely car I was looking for. I flew down to Orange County from SF yesterday morning, met the seller at the airport, took it for a drive and bought it on the spot. What a rig!!! I knew the minute I saw it drive up that I wanted it. As soon as I opened the door and sat inside, I was hooked. The drive was amazing, it felt like a new car, even though it has 92K miles on the clock. 2 owner car and always a SD car. White/Luxor Beige and perfectly appointed for me. Full leather, convenience package, Sport Chrono, and tow hitch.

What a beast!!!! 500 miles yesterday from OC to SF. Loved every moment of the drive, great power, unbelievable comfort (in a firm way) and of course the ridiculous gas mileage. I got to SF last night and found there was still 200 miles worth of gas remaining...Really!!! This mileage was achieved while doing between 75 and 105 all the way. I often looked down and was shocked to see the speed. What a beast, and it's more aggressive looking than I thought it might be, appearance wise. I'm partial to white cars, but wasn't sure about the interior color while looking at pics online. Sitting in it immediately changed my mind. Super nice combo. It came with the 19" Turbo wheels, which I quite like.

I stopped at Joey Seeley's shop in Newport Beach on my way through to talk CD's. He is upgrading CD's with Braid wheels, and some other 4x4 appointments. His personal car is a 2016 with this setup, and it just looks great. E-Motion Engineering is his shop. He mostly does GT3 cars, and is a master chassis man, and mechanic, and also does Diesels now too.

One additional surprise was that I did check with PCNA on the this particular car's warranty and learned it still has close to 30K miles and over 3 years remaining on the Dieselgate warranty, which covers a ton of stuff, 105 points. The owner was unaware there was a warranty on it. It's a 2 owner car, I'm the third, and had been driven properly. I'm convinced these cars need to be driven, often. The Ad Blue popped up on the drive back, so I snagged a box of DEF and filled it. All good.

Thanks for the heads up on the auto trader. It was a private party sale and the guy was a joy to work with. Super easy going. He kept the car clean and well maintained. I'm now a happy CD owner, and looking forward to getting to know the in"s and out's of this great platform.Thanks for the input everyone.

Cheers
now that you own a CD we need to get you saying fuel vs gas
cheers. enjoy the ride
The following users liked this post:
Leadfoot_mf (02-06-2021)
Old 01-31-2021, 11:05 PM
ecobon
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

A pretty rare bird. And I'm guessing it should be just slightly faster than a stock Cayenne Diesel.
It has option 2D1 - SportDesign Package w/Side Skirts (only saw these on non-US CD and CDS). CK0 - 21" SportDesign Wheels and Arch Extensions.

IMO, a very sharp looking Cayenne Diesel made to look similar to a GTS/TT... Red seat belts!

2014 Cayenne Diesel - Red w/Sport Design Package
Old 02-01-2021, 10:02 AM
Sudar
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ecobon
A pretty rare bird. And I'm guessing it should be just slightly faster than a stock Cayenne Diesel.
It has option 2D1 - SportDesign Package w/Side Skirts (only saw these on non-US CD and CDS). CK0 - 21" SportDesign Wheels and Arch Extensions.

IMO, a very sharp looking Cayenne Diesel made to look similar to a GTS/TT... Red seat belts!

2014 Cayenne Diesel - Red w/Sport Design Package
Why faster lol, if anything it's actually slower?
Old 02-01-2021, 12:52 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Sudar
Why faster lol, if anything it's actually slower?
I'm guessing because it's red.

Because those options are, like you said, likely to make it slower.

Last edited by skiahh; 02-01-2021 at 12:54 PM.
ecobon (02-01-2021)
Old 02-02-2021, 01:24 PM
8KaboveMSL
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 180 Posts
Originally Posted by 911-997
What about 2013-2014 diesel models? Are they also on demand?
Listed my 14 Cayenne Sport Diesel (Black/Black) w/ 65k miles last summer just after CPO expired and demand was tepid. Wound up getting high end of KBB range in a trade-in for my first 911. The tax benefit of the trade in made the difference between PP sale and trade in scenario less than $1k and w/ COVID ramping I decided it wasn't worth it to keep showing the car for such a relatively small difference.

Miss it though. I got a 17 Cayenne S e-hybrid to replace it and I really miss the range. May be selling that one and replacing it w/ a 15/16 CD if I can find one with right options and mileage.
Old 02-04-2021, 10:11 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 125 Posts

I’m new to the diesel market. I’ve owned 4 958 cayennes though, my first being a 2011 6Speed manual car. I’ll forever miss that one.

Anyway, I came across a 2016 CD with 27k mi. Great condition and loaded - burm, sport seats, premium package, carbon trim, sport Chrono (does it don’t anything in these cars?) and saddle brown leather (full leather?).

Thoughts on the right buy price?
Old 02-04-2021, 10:23 PM
CBA
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by GBX
I’m new to the diesel market. I’ve owned 4 958 cayennes though, my first being a 2011 6Speed manual car. I’ll forever miss that one.

Anyway, I came across a 2016 CD with 27k mi. Great condition and loaded - burm, sport seats, premium package, carbon trim, sport Chrono (does it don’t anything in these cars?) and saddle brown leather (full leather?).

Sounds like a great find. Couple of thoughts. If you don’t have the original sticker look up the vin on this site https://vinanalytics.com/ and confirm all the features. It should tell you the original sticker, all the add ons, and what the full price was unless the dealer added some stuff. Premium package or premium package plus? Is it full leather? It could have anywhere from $10k to $25k +/- worth of adds. 21” wheels alone are approx @ $6500 add. So to value it a rough guess not knowing outside color and added features I’d say between $40 and $45k. This is So. Cal. Pricing

Old 02-04-2021, 11:19 PM
911-997
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by GBX

wow you found yourself a fully loaded one. If you are not good to move forward with this car, can you share the VIN to see the options?
Old 02-05-2021, 10:03 AM
yetti96
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by GBX

CPO?

Sounds really desirable spec and miles. I would imagine it would be over $40k.
Old 02-05-2021, 10:58 AM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CBA
Sounds like a great find. Couple of thoughts. If you don’t have the original sticker look up the vin on this site https://vinanalytics.com/ and confirm all the features. It should tell you the original sticker, all the add ons, and what the full price was unless the dealer added some stuff. Premium package or premium package plus? Is it full leather? It could have anywhere from $10k to $25k +/- worth of adds. 21” wheels alone are approx @ $6500 add. So to value it a rough guess not knowing outside color and added features I’d say between $40 and $45k. This is So. Cal. Pricing
Originally Posted by 911-997
wow you found yourself a fully loaded one. If you are not good to move forward with this car, can you share the VIN to see the options?
Originally Posted by yetti96
CPO?

Sounds really desirable spec and miles. I would imagine it would be over $40k.
Loaded is right! Here you go:

Problem is, its being sold by a dealer and they're asking $55k

In negotiations as we speak.....keep you all posted.
Av8Chuck (02-21-2021)
Old 02-05-2021, 11:41 AM
coffeeisgood
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts

nicely loaded, however no roof rails, no ACC, no air suspension (maybe some talking points to the dealer to "attempt" to drive price within your budget?)

but it checks so many other boxes
love the color combo, that saddle brown is the dark coffee color right? w/the 18 way! very nice!
+ entry & drive is a nice perk!

what did the sport chrono package add? a different clock?
i am assuming at this price & mileage is this CPO'ed?
if you dont pull the trigger on this find you need to share
Old 02-05-2021, 12:18 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by coffeeisgood
nicely loaded, however no roof rails, no ACC, no air suspension (maybe some talking points to the dealer to "attempt" to drive price within your budget?)

but it checks so many other boxes
love the color combo, that saddle brown is the dark coffee color right? w/the 18 way! very nice!
+ entry & drive is a nice perk!

what did the sport chrono package add? a different clock?
i am assuming at this price & mileage is this CPO'ed?
if you dont pull the trigger on this find you need to share
Happy to do so. Options are amazing but they won't budge on price and I don't see spending that kind of $ on a used CD. Not sure if i correlates, but i paid less for a 4 year old 958 CTT with similar miles and CPO. May just have to enter the "dark side" and get a defender

https://www.leithporsche.com/used-Ra...AF2A27GLA40243

Would love to hear if anyone picks this one up!

Last edited by GBX; 02-05-2021 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-05-2021, 12:34 PM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

No tow package?
8KaboveMSL (02-06-2021)
Old 02-05-2021, 01:52 PM
CBA
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by GBX
Happy to do so. Options are amazing but they won't budge on price and I don't see spending that kind of $ on a used CD. Not sure if i correlates, but i paid less for a 4 year old 958 CTT with similar miles and CPO. May just have to enter the "dark side" and get a defender

https://www.leithporsche.com/used-Ra...AF2A27GLA40243

Would love to hear if anyone picks this one up!
Looks like a great vehicle, as you say spending that on a used CD is all relative to our own situations. Bought a 2015 CD back in 2018 with similar features which made it 3/4 years old for $48k with 36,000 miles on it from a Porsche Riverside So. Cal. w/ CPO. If you have the time and energy to search I know you can pick up a very similar 2015 between $34k to $38k w/under 50,000 miles which on the diesel is really nothing in the big picture. CPO is nice piece of mind but not sure it really matters on these cars.

Good luck on it either way.

Quick Reply: 18 diesels nationwide.