Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

DIY 958.1 CTT Intake Valves Cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 12:22 AM
DemonBG
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Good to know, thank you! I figured it would be as such. That first cylinder has me a little worried as it seems VERY pronounced... maybe I’ll try and give it a gentle polish to make sure.
Old 03-24-2021, 12:33 AM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 350 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by DemonBG
Good to know, thank you! I figured it would be as such. That first cylinder has me a little worried as it seems VERY pronounced... maybe I’ll try and give it a gentle polish to make sure.
I would be real careful if you are going to do that. You don't want to change the shape at all. Maybe if you have some flash that is sticking out you can knock it down but I think I would leave it alone myself.
Old 03-24-2021, 12:36 AM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Unless it is super bad and protrudes into the intake runner, I think the risk is greater than the reward.
Old 03-24-2021, 01:03 AM
DemonBG
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Appreciate it. No it isn’t protruding at all. I just can’t shake the feeling that it’s a crack that has occurred where that mold witness mark is. Seems strange but it’s really pronounced. I’ll take another look at it tomorrow under magnification and hopefully stop worrying about it.

thanks again bud. I really appreciate the help.
Old 03-24-2021, 01:17 AM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

I get it, and it bugged me too. I'm confident they arn't cracks. I'm sure they were magnefluxed to pass quality control. It's obvious the runners weren't ported by hand or had any hand work done. They are straight out of the mold. If there was any hand porting done those parting lines would be sanded away.

I think the work you are doing now is better than 95% of Cayennes on the road now. You've gone above and beyond the norm. I don't even think porsche has the valve cleaning service we've done in their maintenance schedule. So when you put it back together you will be rewarded with a crisp throttle response like it did when it was new.

Good job.
The following users liked this post:
DemonBG (03-27-2021)

Quick Reply: DIY 958.1 CTT Intake Valves Cleaning