Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 GTS - high mileage experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2024, 12:55 AM
mikescayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

im very happy to hear this! for some reason i feel like the 2014s are significantly more reliable than the other 958.1 years, even much more so than the 2013's. I also had a 2014 cayenne (platinum edition) that was absolutely flawless for the 4 years i owned it, not one issue. Only had the t-case replaced under warranty by the dealer for free, i replaced the front brake pads once, and did regular oil changes in 50k miles of ownership. It sadly got totaled in june of 2023 when it had 89k miles on it. i decided to go all out, and look for a fully loaded S or gts because i loved my old cayenne so much, and wanted the noise and power of the NA v8 in the 958.1. plus i heard great things about the air suspension so I wanted that as well. i found an amazing 1 owner, dealer serviced its entire life, 2013 S with every option a week after my car was totaled. The only negative was it had 110k miles on it. the mileage was a little higher than what i wanted, but because the service history was excellent, and it was priced very well because of that high mileage i decided to pull the trigger, and use the savings for repairs if needed. I was willing to take the gamble since my old cayenne was so reliable. Plus i believe the more these cars are driven, the higher the chance of reliability and I went thru the history and the T-case had been replaced as well so i figured id be ok. the only known issue it had was a small oil leak from the passenger side valve cover, which i knew was very common on the v8 cayennes and thought it was not a big deal.

I ended up having to fix every known problem with the v8 cayenne's all in the first 6 months of ownership (replaced the front diff 3 weeks after purchasing it, had clogged cowl drains, replaced both rear liftgate struts due to one being rusted, replaced both valve cover gaskets (this job was a PIA but at least it was expected), replaced all the spark plugs and coils due to misfire caused by the leaking valve covers, and most recently had to replace the starter motor (this ofcourse left the car dead in my driveway for a week, but at least it died at home). I know the air suspension is next, and its already starting to sit low in the rear if i dont drive it for like 5 days or longer, but as soon as i unlock the car it pops right up so im ok with that for now. Im sure there is a slow leak somewhere, but i cant stomach another major repair. Despite all of this, i still absolutely love it! I put an exhaust on it so it sounds amazing, the v8 is so silky smooth, and the air suspension in comfort is perfection. If i could do it over though, i would have just paid a few thousand more for a lower mileage one, 2014 model year. Also, i know my experience is not the norm, and if i only had 1 or 2 of these problems and they were spread out over a longer period of time, and not all at once, i would consider that totally normal for the age and mileage. It was just shocking because my old one was so reliable, and i had read a lot of owner stories about these cars being very reliable. The other thing i noticed when i had these problems and would read the posts from owners with the same issues, it was always on 2011-2013 cayennes, at first i thoght it was just because the 2014s are newer, but i keep reading positive experience like the OP's from owners with 2014 cayennes that have high miles. Anyways, Im hoping the air suspension can hold out for a year or longer so i can enjoy the truck a little and get some breathing room.

Last edited by mikescayenne; 04-07-2024 at 08:48 AM.

Quick Reply: 2014 GTS - high mileage experience