Sponsored By:

2015 cayenne diesel

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2020, 08:59 PM
marcoalf
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mafpolo
You have been awfully patient. Finding the right CPO is enough work (fun though). You've had to work hard on getting this car to where it should have been the day you picked it up. "Wait until I trade one in with 21's." He should buy you a set of 21's.
never mind.now the trunk noise is back, on the left side. I think I’ll go nuts. The first thing they told me was that they were definitely not buying new wheels (after all, of course they don’t want to, they’re 8500$) .
Old 01-18-2020, 09:14 PM
marcoalf
Track Day

I think I jinxed the car 🤣 back to the dealer we go! They found a bolt that was making the noise last time they opened it up.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:51 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer80
I have a question regarding CPO and why you are bringing it all the way back to the selling dealer? I too just recently purchased a CPO out of state. Within a couple weeks I had 2 issues that needed repair. I simply called my local Porsche dealer and they took care of the repairs. when purchasing a CPO in effect you are purchasing a vehicle that PCNA is standing by and any dealer can deal with it. If the selling dealer is giving you a hard time, I'd be bringing this to PCNA. I'm not sure about how aftermarket wheels affect the CPO certification, but I guess I can see both sides of this, my argument would be as you stated that OEM wheels are significantly more expensive and valuable than aftermarket and the price you paid should reflect this IMO. Oil leak is a whole nother story and should definitely be dealt with as a CPO service at no cost to you.
If the vehicle has a CPO warranty attached, there's nothing fraudulent about anything. He bought - and paid for - a vehicle that is covered by this warranty. Whether they did the work or not, however, is a different story and now PCNA (the warranty provider, I believe) has now assumed the responsibility for all repairs, including the oil leak. I assume they will not be happy with the dealer and may have internal means to deal with and penalize them.

It doesn't matter if there's an oil leak... make them fix it under the CPO warranty; that's what it's for.

Originally Posted by ChrisTDI
Regarding the aftermarket wheels: Porsche can not and should not stand by the aftermarket wheels. All wheels are different and replicas are sure as hell not built to a spec that Porsche would want since they can be made with a cheaper and softer metal putting the occupants at risk. What if you hit a small bump that cracked the rim and lost control?
Except if they sold the vehicle, as a CPO, with those wheels on it, they have, indeed assumed responsibility for and must stand by the wheels. Unless wheels are specifically exempted from the CPO warranty (I don't know if they are or not). See above about dealer not doing their part and putting PCNA on the hook.

How do you know they are not built to Porsche spec? You're assuming a lot about the safety and inevitable crash that will kill everyone in the vehicle here. I can't think of many - any? - stories I've heard about a wheel failure causing a crash. I'm sure they're out there, but rare.

Originally Posted by marcoalf
I brought it in for the oil leaks multiple times at other dealers and since the car had SO many other issues too I decided to bring it back to the dealer and get the wheel situation sorted as well( they should put OEM wheels on it in my opinion). That’s what PCNA said- we DON’T stand by replica wheels and they misrepresented the car when they sold it to me
That's interesting... If you have the CPO paperwork and it's on your VIN in the system and the wheels aren't specifically excluded, I can't see how they can wiggle out of honoring the warranty their representative sold to you fair and square (that is, you wanted a CPO and paid for it and they marketed to you a full CPO process and warranty). PCNA's issue seems to be with the less than honorable dealer, and if they don't want to have to CPO those wheels, they're going to have to force the dealer to get you OEM wheels, I'd think.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:32 PM
marcoalf
Track Day

Originally Posted by skiahh
If the vehicle has a CPO warranty attached, there's nothing fraudulent about anything. He bought - and paid for - a vehicle that is covered by this warranty. Whether they did the work or not, however, is a different story and now PCNA (the warranty provider, I believe) has now assumed the responsibility for all repairs, including the oil leak. I assume they will not be happy with the dealer and may have internal means to deal with and penalize them.

It doesn't matter if there's an oil leak... make them fix it under the CPO warranty; that's what it's for.

Except if they sold the vehicle, as a CPO, with those wheels on it, they have, indeed assumed responsibility for and must stand by the wheels. Unless wheels are specifically exempted from the CPO warranty (I don't know if they are or not). See above about dealer not doing their part and putting PCNA on the hook.

How do you know they are not built to Porsche spec? You're assuming a lot about the safety and inevitable crash that will kill everyone in the vehicle here. I can't think of many - any? - stories I've heard about a wheel failure causing a crash. I'm sure they're out there, but rare.

That's interesting... If you have the CPO paperwork and it's on your VIN in the system and the wheels aren't specifically excluded, I can't see how they can wiggle out of honoring the warranty their representative sold to you fair and square (that is, you wanted a CPO and paid for it and they marketed to you a full CPO process and warranty). PCNA's issue seems to be with the less than honorable dealer, and if they don't want to have to CPO those wheels, they're going to have to force the dealer to get you OEM wheels, I'd think.

the GM asked me to have one of his techs check what make the wheels are. Guess what? Made in China, nothing else written on them . Nothing. Zero. Not a number not a badge nothing. Service tech was stunned.
however, after further investigation, they sold me the car as a CPO, but shocking news it wasn’t (hence why I didn’t get that CPO inspection sheet). It did have the 2 year unlimited mileage warranty, but that was an extended new car warranty, not CPO. (I was told 2 days ago by the dealer that they couldn’t CPO a diesel- BS) So they sold me a “CPO” that’s not CPO (I’m not complaining about the extended new car warranty it even covers more), with Chinese mystery wheels, oil leaks, failing door panels, trunk latch, mirrors ETC. So the whole sale was a bit of a mystery.
hence why I brought it back to the selling dealer, after being told by the sales guy that sold me the car that I should bring it in and he was sure it was overlooked and quote “it’s definitely not normal for your car to have knock off wheels, bring it in I’m sure we’ll figure something out” . Gets better however, when I brought the car in a few weeks after the conversation, I was told he no longer worked there. Great, so the one guy I had on my side at the dealer wasn’t even working there anymore.
I do appreciate however that the GM at least said he was going to send me a set of OEM refurbed ones once he gets his hands on some off a trade in or lease return. Will he actually do it? I have no clue, I can only hope he does.
In the meantime, I’m stuck driving a big heavy car with knock off wheels that don’t even have a brand name or serial number or safety certification of any kind down the road. IMO not safe, at all.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:45 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by marcoalf
the GM asked me to have one of his techs check what make the wheels are. Guess what? Made in China, nothing else written on them . Nothing. Zero. Not a number not a badge nothing. Service tech was stunned.
however, after further investigation, they sold me the car as a CPO, but shocking news it wasn’t (hence why I didn’t get that CPO inspection sheet). It did have the 2 year unlimited mileage warranty, but that was an extended new car warranty, not CPO. (I was told 2 days ago by the dealer that they couldn’t CPO a diesel- BS) So they sold me a “CPO” that’s not CPO (I’m not complaining about the extended new car warranty it even covers more), with Chinese mystery wheels, oil leaks, failing door panels, trunk latch, mirrors ETC. So the whole sale was a bit of a mystery.
hence why I brought it back to the selling dealer, after being told by the sales guy that sold me the car that I should bring it in and he was sure it was overlooked and quote “it’s definitely not normal for your car to have knock off wheels, bring it in I’m sure we’ll figure something out” . Gets better however, when I brought the car in a few weeks after the conversation, I was told he no longer worked there. Great, so the one guy I had on my side at the dealer wasn’t even working there anymore.
I do appreciate however that the GM at least said he was going to send me a set of OEM refurbed ones once he gets his hands on some off a trade in or lease return. Will he actually do it? I have no clue, I can only hope he does.
In the meantime, I’m stuck driving a big heavy car with knock off wheels that don’t even have a brand name or serial number or safety certification of any kind down the road. IMO not safe, at all.
Well damn, that is bad. So you don't have a CPO warranty tacked onto the diesel warranty? But you paid a premium for it? Yeah, I'd be talking to an attorney about that.

As for diesels not being CPOable, it is total BS. the '15 I bought used is CPO'd. He's flat out lying to you, which would make me very skeptical about them ever ponying up a set of wheels. Again... attorney time.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:47 PM
marcoalf
Track Day

Originally Posted by skiahh
Well damn, that is bad. So you don't have a CPO warranty tacked onto the diesel warranty? But you paid a premium for it? Yeah, I'd be talking to an attorney about that.

As for diesels not being CPOable, it is total BS. the '15 I bought used is CPO'd. He's flat out lying to you, which would make me very skeptical about them ever ponying up a set of wheels. Again... attorney time.
they are CPO-able since PCNA confirmed. I’m supposed to get a call back tomorrow from PCNA and go from there. I’m hoping PCNA will CPO the car put it through the inspection it was supposed to be put through and then they take it up with the dealer not me
Old 01-20-2020, 07:18 PM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 179 Posts

My two cents.....I'd let them have their car back, and I would want my money back.
The following users liked this post:
skiahh (01-20-2020)
Old 01-20-2020, 10:35 PM
marcoalf
Track Day

Originally Posted by mafpolo
My two cents.....I'd let them have their car back, and I would want my money back.
we’re past returning the car. It’s been way more than 30 days (because I’ve been out of the country for work for several months - so even though I tried emailing the dealer and talking on the phone, I ended up just going there to try to fix the situation. Oh well, I’ll let you guys know what happens. PCNA tomorrow and in the meantime maybe they will actually send the wheels (which I highly doubt).

Quick Reply: 2015 cayenne diesel