2015 cayenne diesel

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 07:33 PM
marcoalf
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2015 cayenne diesel

—————

Last edited by marcoalf; 02-03-2020 at 03:45 AM.
Old 01-15-2020, 09:24 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Sorry, but I think in the case of something so obvious, your own observation is the last line of defense and the dealer doesn't have to "disclose" aftermarket wheels. And what's the big deal, anyway? Tons of people put them on their vehicles with no issues. You'll be fine.

As for the oil leak, that's what I'd be pissed about and abusing that CPO warranty on. I never put in make up oil between changes on either my 14 or 15 and they don't leak a drop.
Old 01-15-2020, 09:47 PM
ChrisTDI
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

It was my understanding that Porsche would not warranty cars that did not have factory parts installed after an accident. Replacement wheels would seem like a similar situation. You may have a case there.
Oil consumption sounds more serious though, neither of my diesels drink or leak any oil.
The following users liked this post:
marcoalf (01-15-2020)
Old 01-15-2020, 10:39 PM
marcoalf
Track Day

I wouldn’t have a problem with aftermarket wheels (HRE BBS etc) but I do have a problem with fake replica wheels. I bought the car from out of state. It didn’t even cross my mind that the wheels weren’t original. I genuinely didn’t even consider them being fake an option as one would when buying a car (especially CPO) from any authorized Porsche dealer, especially a big one.
the car’s been leaking oil since the FIRST day of ownership so in my opinion the whole CPO process was quite... sketchy.
Loose door panels (in the shop for it now), loose trunk lid covers, rattling mirror (sounded like it would fly off the car at any given point). I took the car all the way back to the dealer where I bought it from since they sold me the car, it’s in the shop getting a LOT of warranty work done on it. Rough (REALLY rough) shifts from 2nd to 3rd gears, I was told nothing abnormal was found with the car. Strange, I own a 2016 diesel back in Europe and I never had that happen to me.
As far as the wheels are concerned, had they been nice, high quality aftermarket wheels, it would’ve been a whole different story. But cheap knock off (I mean a good copy I must say) wheels on a CPO Porsche, I’m not sure how ok that is.
The reaction from the dealer telling me that “they’re the same as the original ones” is ridiculous. The original ones are worth north of 4K and aftermarket replica ones can be found for a 5th of that price. I really don’t know what to do about the wheel situation since I’ve basically been shut down by the dealer about it. PCNA did tell me that it’s NOT normal for dealers to do that especially not disclosing cheap replica wheels and that they should’ve at least tried to come up with a solution. If anyone has any ideas-
Old 01-15-2020, 10:46 PM
KBell
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 307 Posts

Agree with above.
Oil leaks on the diesels are rare.
Furthermore, they don't use oil.
The oil situation is more serious.
marcoalf (01-17-2020)
Old 01-15-2020, 10:51 PM
marcoalf
Track Day

Oil leaks in the past 6 months. After multiple oil changes and “fixes” of leaks. I started parking the car backing it in so I could track the leaks more since the front of the parking spot was so full of oil.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:55 PM
marcoalf
Track Day

Same thing with my other cayenne diesel (the one back in Europe). Never had an issue with it, and it sure gets driven *way* harder back home than my diesel here in the states, that mostly sees highway trips on cruise control.

Originally Posted by ChrisTDI
It was my understanding that Porsche would not warranty cars that did not have factory parts installed after an accident. Replacement wheels would seem like a similar situation. You may have a case there.
Oil consumption sounds more serious though, neither of my diesels drink or leak any oil.
Old 01-16-2020, 08:38 AM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 175 Posts

I have a 2015 diesel CPO. Have had no oil leaks and have not had to add oil ever. I did not think that Porsche would CPO a vehicle unless it has all OEM parts on it. I would raise hell with PCNA about it. Tell your dealer you want them to buy the vehicle back, since they fraudulently represented a CPO vehicle to you that had non OEM parts. Next they will tell you that you should have noticed the oil leak before you bought it. Porsche has a rigorous inspection plan before they will CPO a vehicle. PCNA has a reputation to protect. When you call their 800 number, be very nice to the person on the other end....they are your advocate.
marcoalf (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 08:55 AM
Boomer80
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

I have a question regarding CPO and why you are bringing it all the way back to the selling dealer? I too just recently purchased a CPO out of state. Within a couple weeks I had 2 issues that needed repair. I simply called my local Porsche dealer and they took care of the repairs. when purchasing a CPO in effect you are purchasing a vehicle that PCNA is standing by and any dealer can deal with it. If the selling dealer is giving you a hard time, I'd be bringing this to PCNA. I'm not sure about how aftermarket wheels affect the CPO certification, but I guess I can see both sides of this, my argument would be as you stated that OEM wheels are significantly more expensive and valuable than aftermarket and the price you paid should reflect this IMO. Oil leak is a whole nother story and should definitely be dealt with as a CPO service at no cost to you.
The following 2 users liked this post by Boomer80:
marcoalf (01-16-2020), Needsdecaf (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 09:42 AM
ChrisTDI
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Regarding the aftermarket wheels: Porsche can not and should not stand by the aftermarket wheels. All wheels are different and replicas are sure as hell not built to a spec that Porsche would want since they can be made with a cheaper and softer metal putting the occupants at risk. What if you hit a small bump that cracked the rim and lost control?
marcoalf (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 12:54 PM
marcoalf
Track Day

Originally Posted by mafpolo
I have a 2015 diesel CPO. Have had no oil leaks and have not had to add oil ever. I did not think that Porsche would CPO a vehicle unless it has all OEM parts on it. I would raise hell with PCNA about it. Tell your dealer you want them to buy the vehicle back, since they fraudulently represented a CPO vehicle to you that had non OEM parts. Next they will tell you that you should have noticed the oil leak before you bought it. Porsche has a rigorous inspection plan before they will CPO a vehicle. PCNA has a reputation to protect. When you call their 800 number, be very nice to the person on the other end....they are your advocate.
thank you, at least I know I’m not crazy. Explanation was that replica and oem’s are the same thing because “they’re Milled the same way and they’re both aluminum”
you can only imagine I started laughing at his comment, insulting my intelligence

Last edited by marcoalf; 02-03-2020 at 03:48 AM.
Old 01-16-2020, 12:58 PM
marcoalf
Track Day

Originally Posted by Boomer80
I have a question regarding CPO and why you are bringing it all the way back to the selling dealer? I too just recently purchased a CPO out of state. Within a couple weeks I had 2 issues that needed repair. I simply called my local Porsche dealer and they took care of the repairs. when purchasing a CPO in effect you are purchasing a vehicle that PCNA is standing by and any dealer can deal with it. If the selling dealer is giving you a hard time, I'd be bringing this to PCNA. I'm not sure about how aftermarket wheels affect the CPO certification, but I guess I can see both sides of this, my argument would be as you stated that OEM wheels are significantly more expensive and valuable than aftermarket and the price you paid should reflect this IMO. Oil leak is a whole nother story and should definitely be dealt with as a CPO service at no cost to you.
I brought it in for the oil leaks multiple times at other dealers and since the car had SO many other issues too I decided to bring it back to the dealer and get the wheel situation sorted as well( they should put OEM wheels on it in my opinion). That’s what PCNA said- we DON’T stand by replica wheels and they misrepresented the car when they sold it to me
Old 01-16-2020, 01:01 PM
marcoalf
Track Day

Originally Posted by ChrisTDI
Regarding the aftermarket wheels: Porsche can not and should not stand by the aftermarket wheels. All wheels are different and replicas are sure as hell not built to a spec that Porsche would want since they can be made with a cheaper and softer metal putting the occupants at risk. What if you hit a small bump that cracked the rim and lost control?

This is exactly what I’ve been telling the manager at the dealer- and he told me I had no idea what I was talking about saying they’re the same thing as the OEM because they’re the same size so he could CPO the car
and he promised me they’re just as safe 😂 I mean come on seriously
got on the phone with PCNA and they told me it’s unacceptable
Old 01-16-2020, 01:23 PM
coffeeisgood
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts

my 2014 doesn't seem to leak or consume any extra oil
i would push your CPO on that oil leak(s?) hard

as for the wheels, well... good luck with that.

IMHO
if you want to keep the car, focus on the oil leak
if you want the dealer to buy it back? focus on the wheels
Old 01-16-2020, 01:35 PM
BrewDude
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 60 Posts

I'd bet that whoever had the vehicle before you effed up the drain plug.

When I went to retrieve my 2016 CD, the selling dealer overfilled the oil. I requested them to de-service it to the correct level and explained what they needed to do in pulling oil from the engine without removing the drain plug and going through the dipstick tube with no dipstick. Came back an hour later and the oil was within limits, so I started the long drive from TX to NV.

About an hour into the trip, I got a low oil warning and had to reservice a full 2 quarts of oil. No other issues until I got home and noticed oil spots in the driveway. Turns out the dealer had removed the drain plug to remove oil and reused the drain plug, used the wrong washer, and over torqued the drain plug to the point of almost stripping it. Luckily I had a new drain plug and correct crush washer laying around from my Touareg TDI. Installed and torqued to the correct value, no issues at all since then.
marcoalf (01-16-2020)

Quick Reply: 2015 cayenne diesel