Sponsored By:

Quickjack People - Frame Extensions for 958

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 12:55 PM
911-997
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetpilot718
It was heavier grade steel than the Quickjack setup, not sure the number or thickness. The overhang is about 4” at most and you control this by sliding them fore and aft as need be.

However, since RAudi Driver felt the need to be stupid and suggest litigation if someone is killed - these are no longer available effective immediately.

Feel free to express your gratitude to him, for ruining what I did of my own free time, to help out this group and make ZERO profit on. Literally spending time and answering questions to do a nice thing. Guess I learned my lesson. Good luck to you.
I agree with you. If someone is asking these liability questions and expresses his concerns, I would do the same thing
The following users liked this post:
Jetpilot718 (01-16-2021)
Old 01-16-2021, 01:15 PM
Jetpilot718
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dmppdx
I don't think it was stupid to mention. For something like this safety and any consequences is always something that comes to mind since we are very much a litigious country.

You're right, I should volunteer my time, show DIY photos, mention sizing and dimensions, and basically supply blueprints as to how to do this, then even recommend a local shop that I could have these made at and supervise the fabrication all for nothing and what I really also want is some nimrod who doesn’t belong under a car mentioning possible litigation.

Yeah alrighty. May as well delete the entire DIY section with that logic. Slippery slope, all leading to us having less of a resource on this forum or any, than we started with.

Not cool.
Old 01-16-2021, 04:05 PM
TMC.
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Well, I'm in Detroit. There are one or two people around here who I could have fab these up for me. How much do you want for the plans?
That way the liability is on my son's welding ability. (his trade BTW)
He told me he won't need them but I'd rather have a set rather than wing it.
Jetpilot718 (01-16-2021)
Old 01-16-2021, 04:12 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,776 Likes on 1,657 Posts

It was heavier grade steel than the Quickjack setup, not sure the number or thickness. The overhang is about 4” at most and you control this by sliding them fore and aft as need be.

However, since RAudi Driver felt the need to be stupid and suggest litigation if someone is killed - these are no longer available effective immediately.

Feel free to express your gratitude to him, for ruining what I did of my own free time, to help out this group and make ZERO profit on. Literally spending time and answering questions to do a nice thing. Guess I learned my lesson. Good luck to you.
Don't get your panties in a bunch. We are all here together as members trying to get along and be a friendly family. I just posed a question that could have been answered in a mature manner. No hard feelings.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:22 PM
Jetpilot718
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TMC.
Well, I'm in Detroit. There are one or two people around here who I could have fab these up for me. How much do you want for the plans?
That way the liability is on my son's welding ability. (his trade BTW)
He told me he won't need them but I'd rather have a set rather than wing it.
Feel free to message me and I’ll be happy to measure what I’ve got and give you the info.
Old 01-20-2021, 03:19 PM
hoop
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could you PM me?
Old 01-24-2021, 06:48 PM
leafdude555
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

These are the dimensions I got from OP

The two beams are 1.5" square tubing.
Each extender is 75.5” long and 8” wide
The buckets on each end are 8”x5”
The buckets use 1/4" sheet metal
Cap ends at buckets are 8"x1.5" and 5"x1.5"
The two middle bars are 1" square tubing and are 5" long

The holders at the bottom are made from 1.25" tube. They are 4.5" long and placed 6.25" from the outer edge
The following 3 users liked this post by leafdude555:
Jetpilot718 (01-24-2021), LittleBitBent (03-23-2021), TMC. (01-24-2021)
Old 01-24-2021, 07:51 PM
Jetpilot718
Intermediate

Thanks for saving me the post! All - feel free to use these measurements as you see fit. Enjoy!

Originally Posted by leafdude555

The holders at the bottom are made from 1.25" tube. They are 4.5" long and placed 6.25" from the outer edge

dbv1 (01-24-2021)
Old 01-25-2021, 07:22 PM
hoop
3rd Gear

Thanks for sharing the measurements
Old 01-27-2021, 08:59 AM
TheUnscented
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 61 Posts

You're right, I should volunteer my time, show DIY photos, mention sizing and dimensions, and basically supply blueprints as to how to do this, then even recommend a local shop that I could have these made at and supervise the fabrication all for nothing and what I really also want is some nimrod who doesn’t belong under a car mentioning possible litigation.

Yeah alrighty. May as well delete the entire DIY section with that logic. Slippery slope, all leading to us having less of a resource on this forum or any, than we started with.

Not cool.
if you look at Raudi Driver’s other posts, you’ll see he is a real asset to RennList. In the unlikely event there was an injury due to a weld failure or even operator error, the OP could be on the hook for tens of thousands dollars in legal fees, even though his product is likely excellent.
Plaintiff attorneys are in the business of finding someone to blame, it’s not fair to vilify RAudi Driver for pointing that out to save the OP some potential liability. It’s a sad recognition that personal responsibility has gone out the window.
wkearney99 (09-23-2021)
Old 03-03-2021, 10:08 PM
LittleBitBent
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

So, I’m still a bit confused. Will the 7000Slx fit sideways on a Cayenne to the factory hoist points?

I get that OPs awesome extensions are for if you want to use it front to back.
Old 03-04-2021, 04:40 PM
LittleBitBent
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LittleBitBent
So, I’m still a bit confused. Will the 7000Slx fit sideways on a Cayenne to the factory hoist points?

I get that OPs awesome extensions are for if you want to use it front to back.
I think I answered my own question. 7000SLX is a 60" span, which won't work on a Cayenne, even sideways. 66" extenders should work on the Cayenne, but sideways, just.
Old 09-22-2021, 02:39 AM
Mircos
1st Gear

Originally Posted by leafdude555

Thank you for sharing this. Do you know what gauge and alloy was used for the two beams?
Old 02-17-2023, 10:59 PM
Rkur
1st Gear

Default Quick jack xtra long custom made extensions

When do you want one? I make them per order (again, I just have access to a super slick metal fab shop, not a legit business making these lol). Lead time would probably be a week or likely less. Where do you live?
Are you still making these?

Last edited by lml999; 02-18-2023 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-10-2023, 02:36 PM
chrisamg
1st Gear

Hey guys,

I'm currently working on custom fabbing a set of frame extensions for the Quickjack platform. As some of you are aware, the extensions made by Quickjack do not extend past the 7000 series jack points (and are about 3-4" shy of what we need for a proper lift. Some have had results with turning the jacks sideways, but that method isn't always ideal for certain types of undercarriage work.

I've heard the 6000 series make it, but then you're stuck with a jack that is too long for your other toys (911's, etc).

I'm writing to gauge interest in these, as I am working with a friend who owns a fabrication shop and can turn out some very professional and safe alternatives to what is currently available. Cost will be no higher than $500/pair, and hopefully a good bit lower if I can get a group-buy going.

Thanks for looking!

2"x2.75" steel used, same as quick jack

Antiskid blocks sit in quickjack pockets to ensure no sliding

Rubberized tape will be applied to the bottom to prevent metal to metal contact

Extensions will be primered and painted gloss black to match existing unit.
Not trying to be a jerk but Home Depot sells extensions for $300

Quick Reply: Quickjack People - Frame Extensions for 958