Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Diesel Got a Bum Rap...Political?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 11:52 AM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 160 Posts
Default Diesel Got a Bum Rap...Political?

Here is an article that studied the effect on the environment of diesel and electric cars. You will be surprised by the conclusion. This story also ran in the Wall Street Journal. VW got caught cheating. The amount of Nox was not significant, but government agencies overreacted. VW didn't need to cheat....the actual consumption and performance was good. My personal opinion is that electric is not going to be the future of automobiles (I could be wrong).

Here it is.

https://notrickszone.com/2019/04/19/...o-25-more-co2/
Old 06-16-2019, 05:44 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Government agencies didn't so much as overreact, but saw a huge source of revenue. CARB, specifically. It had little or nothing to do with the environment.

I mean, they have to figure out those revenue streams to fund benefits for their illegal population.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:22 AM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 160 Posts
Default I just hate that it killed diesel as an option

Originally Posted by skiahh
Government agencies didn't so much as overreact, but saw a huge source of revenue. CARB, specifically. It had little or nothing to do with the environment.

I mean, they have to figure out those revenue streams to fund benefits for their illegal population.
hate

Pity....If not for that, maybe the Cayenne Diesel S might have made it to the US market

Quick Reply: Diesel Got a Bum Rap...Political?