Cayenne S 2011 - 4.8L Steering Angle sensor issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 07:41 AM
Arun Sudarsan
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Cayenne S 2011 - 4.8L Steering Angle sensor issue

Hi Guys,

This is my first post, I had an issue of PSM failure message popping up, then in a few seconds other messages like PDCC fault- Headlight fault all those popping up. Then I used my OBD2 scanner and found that it was the steering angle sensor which was causing the Problem. went to my Dealer and he also confirmed the same issue and I replaced the sensor. after one week I again had a PSM failure alarm. this time none of the other messages popped up. I used my scanner and it showed the steering sensor fault. I cleared it and then it was ok for almost a month, yesterday it again popped up. did anyone had such issues. I am worried if the sensor is faulty again or if its any other issues, that can make the sensor act like this. I have attached a few pics during the replacement.

dismantelling

sensor removed

the faulty sensor

replaced with new sensor
Old 06-10-2019, 01:16 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,150 Likes on 763 Posts

When wacky electrical problems happen on a Cayenne - it's often worth looking in our DIY section. There are several threads on common causes of these - usually involving wet footwells.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:57 AM
Arun Sudarsan
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried searching in all forums, was not able to get anything on steering angle sensor, apart from replacing the Steering. Thanks for the info, will try again

Quick Reply: Cayenne S 2011 - 4.8L Steering Angle sensor issue