Sponsored By:

First World Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 08:43 AM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 201 Likes on 161 Posts
Default First World Problem

So I found my dream car. As many of you know, I bought a silver and black 2015 CPO with low miles, and got a great deal. This is my third silver/black vehicle, and I am tired of silver and black. I finally found the perfect vehicle....silver and two tone luxor black with the options I want. CPO car from a dealer, and the money was right. Salesman and I had been talking for a while, car had been there for a while (he thinks the silver with that interior is less desirable than silver and black, but color is a personal decision). Last Friday I called on my to the airport to talk about shipping, and I told him to take my credit card for a deposit. He told me we could just take care of that in the morning. When I got back home I went to a friend of mine's car place to get shipping quotes (wholesale pricing versus retail). The next day I called the salesman, told him I had shipping taken care of, and he then gave me the bad news....another salesman had taken a deposit on the vehicle that morning. Why would he put off taking my card the day I offered? Did he really think nobody else in the country might find that vehicle and buy it, or another salesman might want a commission? He also was delivering a car that morning, so I couldn't get him until mid-morning. He was very sorry, but "I'll keep an eye out for another one." My sales guy at my local dealership told me that most Porsche dealers that he knows (including where he works) do not pay much for used car sales. He told me I would laugh if I knew what he made on a used car, which is why he doesn't care if I buy a CPO somewhere else (he said new he would be unhappy). He told me he made the exact same amount on a used GT3RS as he did on a base Cayenne.
I am frustrated. Like the title, this is a first world problem. My 2015 silver black is a really nice one....only 26,400 miles. However, I am still ticked. Silver and two tone was and is my dream car, and I missed it by a day. My fault...I should have insisted he take my deposit.
Old 11-10-2018, 08:57 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Geez, very sorry to hear that! I know you’ve been ‘struggling’ with your black interior since you bought it. This was a Porsche dealer that did this? I assume this was also another diesel? Sounded like a nice one....I love two-tone interiors.
Old 11-10-2018, 11:46 AM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Default Was a Porsche Dealer

Originally Posted by CarGuyNVA
Geez, very sorry to hear that! I know you’ve been ‘struggling’ with your black interior since you bought it. This was a Porsche dealer that did this? I assume this was also another diesel? Sounded like a nice one....I love two-tone interiors.
Porsche dealer. I really like CPO. They offered me a great trade, and yes, a diesel.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:42 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,638 Posts

It just may be a blessing in disguise. You never know what problems might be coming with that car. You may have escaped a giant headache.

you will find your dream car and until then, just enjoy what you have.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:03 PM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Default Yoy Nailed It

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
It just may be a blessing in disguise. You never know what problems might be coming with that car. You may have escaped a giant headache.

you will find your dream car and until then, just enjoy what you have.
As disappointed as i have been, I've been telling myself that it might a blessing in disguise.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:26 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Default Paging mafpolo

Here’s a nice 2016 diesel that just came available at my local Porsch dealer. NO all black interior! Thought it might interest you.

https://www.porschetysonscorner.com/...-18323357.html
Old 11-19-2018, 11:24 AM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Default Thanks CarGuy!

Originally Posted by CarGuyNVA
Here’s a nice 2016 diesel that just came available at my local Porsch dealer. NO all black interior! Thought it might interest you.

https://www.porschetysonscorner.com/...-18323357.html
I really appreciate you sending me this. Have a great Thanksgiving.
Old 11-19-2018, 03:42 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Originally Posted by mafpolo
I really appreciate you sending me this. Have a great Thanksgiving.
No problem. I have a great salesman there I could put you in touch with if you become interested in it. Enjoy your Thanksgiving as well!
Old 11-19-2018, 05:00 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

In light of it being a first world problem, I have to chime in with, your going from silver and black to silver and half black will cure you of the angst you're feeling?
Old 11-19-2018, 05:08 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Your dealer is full of crap. Don’t make money on used vehicles? Lol, that’s where they make ALL the money. That and the back of house.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:20 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

I think he meant the sales people don't get much on commissions. Not sure I buy that, for the same reason you mentioned, though.
Old 11-20-2018, 08:46 PM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

That is what I meant to say. The salesmen don't get paid well for selling used cars.I told my local salesman that I feel bd for not buying cars from him, but they don't buy cars at auction. They only sell a pre owned if they trade one in. He told me not to feel bad at all, because he makes so little commission on a used car that I would laugh if he told me. He said it is a flat fee whether he sells a junker or sells a used GT3 RS for over list of a new one.

Quick Reply: First World Problem