Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Window Issue (video)

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 05:17 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 132 Posts

Any chance some lube down into the side tracks could be tried? Something like a bicycle teflon lube like Triflow.

That and is there a lot of pollen or other gunk that collects on the windows? In an older vehicle of mine it had a nasty tendency to allow grit/dirt to collect on the window channel, and scratch the glass when opened/closed. It would occasionally also cause the safety to trip. Remembering to clean the channel and a bit of Triflow largely eliminated the problem. But that's an entirely different vehicle, so I don't know if it'd apply here or not.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:45 PM
PORSCHEJAYHAWK
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelo
So what happens when the dealer can't fix a problem that is covered under warranty? Are you stuck with the problem?
The Porsche service manager- who I like, my family has known for awhile and is genuinely knowledgeable and concerned with customer satisfaction- told me when I went in to dispute my warranty issue (see thread linked below) that, "As long as I'm here, I will make sure that window is not an issue for you". My concern then becomes, what happens if he's no longer there?

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...performed.html
Old 09-05-2018, 05:46 PM
PORSCHEJAYHAWK
Instructor

Originally Posted by wkearney99
Various US states have lemon laws regarding new vehicle purchases and problems that can't be fixed. No idea if those would apply for these situations or not. But, ages ago, when I mentioned to the dealer for my company car if they didn't fix it this next time they'd be swapping it for a new one... it miraculously got fixed. It was, coincidentally, a power window problem. But it was a crappy Buick from the 90's, so there's little to compare here.
Does anyone know how Kansas' lemon laws would view this matter?
Old 09-05-2018, 05:48 PM
PORSCHEJAYHAWK
Instructor

Next time I have them look at it I will ask how the regulator/ cable/ bracket assembly and the tracks. Thank you for the suggestions! Will keep updated.

Quick Reply: Window Issue (video)