Sponsored By:

The end of iCarScan?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 09:03 AM
kennyt
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default The end of iCarScan?

Has anyone used your iCarScan recently? Did you see the warning message when first open EZDiag app?
Old 04-25-2018, 09:21 AM
Tom M
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm on version 6.3.8 and just opened mine and got no message. Sounds like the specific car selections are a super set of the EOBD stuff so it shouldn't directly impact usage.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:17 PM
kennyt
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you kill the EZDiag app and reopen it you will see the warning message. If it's already running in the background you won't see it.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:57 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

As of this morning - it's working just fine. I spent about an hour last night on on-line chat, then WeChat with a young lady at OBD2TOOLS.COM. The problem was submitted - but she couldn't get an immediate answer since it was lunch time there (and 12:30PM here), and she said we could get in touch again - tonight - I'll WeChat her at 10PM our time, which should be 10AM their time.

In the meantime - mine wouldn't display that message - but it wouldn't go beyond displaying the initial screen with EZDiag 2.0 - then a blank white screen. That was last night. This morning it was just fine, and I ran a complete scan on my CTT. Looks like I'll need a blower motor soon, I see it trips an over-current breaker once in a while..

Anyway - Kenny - try yours somewhere that you have a good Internet connection to your phone. I think the problem was in the system they use to authenticate the users.

As far as the message - if you poke around in iCarScan - look for "Shop" - and eventually that message, typed out not a graphic, pops up - in relation to advertising for their newest product that comes with EZDiag 3.0. And I believe Tom M is exactly right. We don't need EOBD since we have the manufacturer specific tool - which is much more capable than EOBD ever would be.

Kenny - panic much? "Don't panic!" (Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy..)

Quick Reply: The end of iCarScan?