Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Auto on light switch - is it an active switch?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 07:29 PM
RED HORSE
Race Car

Received 129 Likes on 71 Posts

Happened on my Turbo a couple of times. Doing a little analysis while sitting in the seat decided it was me. Hasn’t happened agin in over a year. Switch won’t move unless you or someone else moves it.
Old 01-11-2023, 01:26 PM
jimjr
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Porsche Cayenne Light Switch

No one is nuts here....My '17 Cayenne has been going for the AUTO position on the light switch to off all by itself for months.....It's a real thing. No one is hitting it with their knee. Has anyone heard from Porsche regarding the issue and/or a fix? The dealer thinks I'm nuts, but it is happening.....
Old 01-14-2023, 09:39 PM
Mtea
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

I still have this happen from time to time. I don’t think I’m bumping it. To test the bumping theory, has anyone ever had the switch wind up one position to the right (clockwise)? If it was “bumped with something” wouldn’t it be bumped clockwise as much as the other way or at least once or twice? Mine is always one click to the left.
Old 01-14-2023, 09:50 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 139 Posts

Personally I'd think it would more likely be due to mistaking it for the ignition switch, which is just above and also turns counter-clockwise to turn it off. Because, y'know, the demographics for P-cars does tend to skew older...

Here's a thought, maybe get some kind of domed cover and maybe some painters tape. Put the cover over the headlight switch, leaving it free to turn underneath. If the switch never moves then you have your answer. The
little cups that go over seed starters from an Aerogarden little cups that go over seed starters from an Aerogarden
seem like they'd be about the right size. I have some, I'll check tomorrow. The added bonus of using something clear would let you see it without disturbing it.

Sure, it's a cheesy idea but it'd certainly put a rest to the mystery.
Old 01-15-2023, 07:22 PM
hotrod2448
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 85 Posts

Just smear a little grease on the end of the ****. If it moves and your pants aren’t ruined you’ll be one step closer to proving Porsche connect randomly remotes in and changes your headlight switch setting just to annoy owners. Haha
The following users liked this post:
Mtea (01-15-2023)

Quick Reply: Auto on light switch - is it an active switch?