Sponsored By:

Memory seats buttons not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 10:10 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Memory seats buttons not working

After replacing the battery (I guess) the memory buttons stopped working. nothing happens when 1 or 2 is pushed,. the Off does light up/turn off and beeps, fuses OK
I would appreciate any help.
thank you.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:51 PM
scorleo
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Galion
After replacing the battery (I guess) the memory buttons stopped working. nothing happens when 1 or 2 is pushed,. the Off does light up/turn off and beeps, fuses OK
thank you.
We've had exact same problem for last 2+ years but haven't figured how to fix it
Old 05-19-2018, 08:57 AM
addzy85
1st Gear

Default Try this

thank you.

something we we have used in our 718 Cayman is to drive the seat all the way forward then drive the seat all the way back. Do this two times then attempt to do a new memory by pushing the memory button. The lights should shine red and be operating normally, well they did for us.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:01 PM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

thank you.
Yeah you basically need to reteach the end positions of your seat. Run it in every direction all the way until it stops, then try to go further. This will teach the motors where thr mechanical stops are and assuming there are no other issues the seat memory should start to function again.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:01 PM
SunnySF
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PTEC
Yeah you basically need to reteach the end positions of your seat. Run it in every direction all the way until it stops, then try to go further. This will teach the motors where thr mechanical stops are and assuming there are no other issues the seat memory should start to function again.
Not to revive an old post but.. THANK YOU! I had the same problem with my 2019 718 Cayman's memory seat settings and your recommendation to run the seat twice in every direction all the way to the stops fixed it!
Old 10-02-2020, 02:51 AM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 376 Likes on 238 Posts

I have to keep the memory button pressed in until the seat positions are reached. If I just briefly press the button, the motors just run for a very short time.
Is this normal, or should a quick button press get the seat to move into position?

Cheers,
Tore
Old 10-02-2020, 01:25 PM
SunnySF
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ToreB
I have to keep the memory button pressed in until the seat positions are reached. If I just briefly press the button, the motors just run for a very short time.
Is this normal, or should a quick button press get the seat to move into position?
Both for my 718. When first entering the vehicle (key not in the ignition/ignition not turned on) I only need to press once to get it adjusted to my seat memory. But once the key is in the ignition I need to keep on pressing the memory button until it reaches the right position.
Old 10-02-2020, 03:42 PM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 376 Likes on 238 Posts

Ah, thank you, I bet it is the same in my car. Safety feature I guess.
Cheers,
Tore
Old 04-29-2021, 06:29 PM
Naudiac D'Chuca
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PTEC

I just want to confirm for everybody that this works I knew that this would be the solution but I didn't realize you had to do it twice doing it twice was the trick. Now it's working again. Thank you so much!
The following users liked this post:
deilenberger (04-29-2021)

Quick Reply: Memory seats buttons not working