Sponsored By:

2011 958 Turbo Rear Main Seal Leak

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2024, 01:37 PM
958TurboS
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Versace
That is one of the most basic things you can do.
Do not put any additives in your motor oil, especialy not the ones that change the properties of your oil (viscosity, etc…). There is no magic oil or additive that can cure a mechanical problem. You have an Alusil engine, use only recommended oil!
Noted. I've done it (removing the intake manifold) on a Ford 6 cylinder but never on this. So it's a little intimidating.

I got the idea for the additive from this thread. I tend to agree with you on not adding anything to oil but it seems experienced people use this and have positive results.

On a separate note, I did finally look under the hood and can confirm there is oil around the passenger side intake manifold. So I suppose that's good news? Better than it being the RMS?

Last edited by 958TurboS; 01-28-2024 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-28-2024, 02:25 PM
Versace
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very unlikely you have a bad RMS…. The RMS on those cars is made out of Teflon.
Old 01-28-2024, 03:57 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,916 Likes on 1,728 Posts

Originally Posted by 958TurboS
Noted. I've done it (removing the intake manifold) on a Ford 6 cylinder but never on this. So it's a little intimidating.

I got the idea for the additive from this thread. I tend to agree with you on not adding anything to oil but it seems experienced people use this and have positive results.

On a separate note, I did finally look under the hood and can confirm there is oil around the passenger side intake manifold. So I suppose that's good news? Better than it being the RMS?
The intake manifold is super easy to remove. YOu'llbe Abe to see everything once it's off. Hoewever if you do take it off oyu should do some preventative maintenance while you're in there.

1. coolant vent tube
2. carbon clean
3. clean up and since your valve covers are leaking, hit that fix also.

I'm also the member who use that stop leak. It did slow it down a ton. Did not fully stop it, but close.

Quick Reply: 2011 958 Turbo Rear Main Seal Leak