Sponsored by:

Looking at buying a Cayenne Turbo. 06TTs, or '08 TT

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 04:21 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tolbertiii
Hey folks. First time poster. I've been thinking about a 955 TT. I have a lot to learn. The last truck I bought was a Dodge Ram and that was nearly 20 years ago.

Are those free CarFax listings useful? This '05 has one. Would it show that the coolant pipe issue has been fixed?

It's about 150 miles from me. What y'all think?

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...lCode1=CAYENNE
If the coolant pipes have been done and the truck is clean, that is a solid deal. Depending on who did the work for the coolant pipes, it would either not be on Carfax or would be obvious. Ask the owner and if he doesn't know for sure and have proof, assume no. If dealer, assume no--there is a way to check for it I believe with a dental mirror; search the forums.

Good luck!
Old 02-25-2017, 04:25 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tsitz
One more question:
General price thoughts on an '09 CTTS with 70K miles in excellent condition with all service records, new brakes and tires, lots of options..... 35K too steep?
In my opinion, too steep, but it is probably close to market based on a few recent purchases with similar mileage...although new brakes and tires are nice--it's more about if it's worth it to YOU All Turbo S cars are loaded, not many options you can add to a Turbo S. I personally don't think that they are worth any more than a comparable Turbo, perhaps even less due to the eyewateringly expensive brake setup and the inability to run 18" wheels for offroad, but that is just my opinion and the market somewhat disagrees with me as they do realize a higher price point.

If it's optioned just how you like it and is clean and within your budget, go for it!
Old 03-24-2017, 07:31 PM
tsitz
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Found It: 2009 CTTS

After a long search, kept looking up, and ended up with a completely stock 2009 CTTS, one-owner, 55k miles. The guy built a front dash cover to save the leather, and the car looks almost new.
Lot's to learn, but love the car so far, and it's in immaculate shape. Not a lot of options, which I love, but was the color combination and condition I had hoped for, and well-cared for as well.

Finally drove it a little hard, and was amazed at the response, tracking, and quickness of such a heavy car. Wow. My old '03 996tt (stock) would be hard-pressed to keep up in a straight line, not sure about turns though.

Very different from my wife's 2010 X5m, in mostly good ways. Suspension seems far better, which is all the more impressive considering this is a truck (SUV) and the X5m really isn't.

2009 CTTS. Stunningly fast.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:36 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,188 Likes on 3,945 Posts

Originally Posted by tsitz
After a long search, kept looking up, and ended up with a completely stock 2009 CTTS, one-owner, 55k miles. The guy built a front dash cover to save the leather, and the car looks almost new.
Lot's to learn, but love the car so far, and it's in immaculate shape. Not a lot of options, which I love, but was the color combination and condition I had hoped for, and well-cared for as well.

Finally drove it a little hard, and was amazed at the response, tracking, and quickness of such a heavy car. Wow. My old '03 996tt (stock) would be hard-pressed to keep up in a straight line, not sure about turns though.

Very different from my wife's 2010 X5m, in mostly good ways. Suspension seems far better, which is all the more impressive considering this is a truck (SUV) and the X5m really isn't.

2009 CTTS. Stunningly fast.
Awesome. You got the best model of the best year

That BMW won't hold a candle to a TTS with PDCC. Congrats.

Quick Reply: Looking at buying a Cayenne Turbo. 06TTs, or '08 TT