Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How To: Ignition Lock, Brake Proportioning, ABS light, PSM, Traction, Brake Flashing

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 08:21 AM
Tblue24me
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Deilenberger and everyone else who has responded. Thank you for all the continued info/help. Also took your advice and joined Rennlist and PCA..long overdue.

after double/ double checking all splices as far as my hands would allow, updating my durametric software to the latest and thoroughly drying the car, we have experienced heavy heavy rain here. My floors are dry and no lakes to interior of vehicle. A word from the wise- if your cayenne hasnt experienced these water penetration/electrical issues yet, CLEAN YOUR DRAIN POINTS REGULARLY AND PROPERLY SEAL YOUR ROOF RACK MOUNTS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
I ran the latest version of durametric and it's appears to have difficulty in automatically selecting my vehicle when all is plugged in. I read where version 5 may communicate better. In any event I cleared all codes and now, only gateway/can bus communication errors are occuring w/ PSM and airbag errors. Read tons of information on this. Car runs fine except for lift gate, key remote and rear brake lights aren't functioning. My next step is to uninstall durametric latest version and install a version 5 once I learn which version 5 is best. As a side note, I had difficulty in successfully installing the Durametric USB drivers from their site. In as much as they have quickly responded to my initial ticket, it appeared to be a canned reaponse. As a side note, I also own and perform work on my 2007 cayman 2.7l with the software without any problem and it performs well and to my needs.

after running the car while using durametric pressing the brake pedal and everything else, the gateway/can bus should be working and readable but it's not.

next step is to use a version 5 of durametric.
​​​​
I will post my findings however if anyone has anything else to contribute, please do. This is getting old.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:02 PM
BigDog03
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was having my 2008 Cayenne GTS getting water inside the drivers side , floorboard was WET...The Porsche Dealership
said they cleaned the drains, however, still was getting wet inside. Never told me what the repair was other than the Hose
blew off when they blew the drains.
Could the moisture cause my Alarm to stop chirping when alarm is set.?? The Lights flash letting you know it\s locked, but
I want to Hear the Chirp to insure I Locked my car.
If this is suspected, WHere do I start to Look for Something wire related or fuses related. When I told them it worked b4
I brought it in, Said...Maybe Something else went wrong, we can check it out if you bring it back in....Well, at $160.00/hrly
I Don't Think I want to pay shop rate for something I maybe able to fix myself.
Any and All Info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Randy V.N.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:26 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,144 Likes on 759 Posts

Randy - two things:

The chirper has been known to be a time-failure problem. I think eventually the majority of them stop chirping. Even my '11 CTT is becoming erratic in chirpstering.

As far as flooded floorboards and problems caused by that - take a look over in our world-famous Cayenne DIY subforum. Everything you could possibly like to know about floorboard flooding and the consequences of same can be found there. Ready to read and learn.

Welcome to the forums!
Old 02-20-2020, 01:25 PM
egontoast
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Hesh1975
My 05 cayenne had these same warning faults and was stuck in Park. Got it recovered to a garage who have had it for 3 weeks and say they can’t fix it. I’m in Southampton England anyone know of an auto electrician who might be able to help me out
thanks
Hello, how did you get your car recovered if it was stuck in park? I have the same car and same problem. Did you manage to get it fixed. I’m sure mine is due to the wet weather, because it has now started, but I’m sure it will happen again, and I want to know what to do to avoid this. I’m in Scotland.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:28 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Directions are in the top of the thread, you have to pull the shift **** off and remove the top plate, and there is a release. 955 and 957 are slightly different.
The following users liked this post:
egontoast (02-24-2020)
Old 11-01-2020, 05:44 PM
Rachel
Cruisin'

Default 2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo A.K.A Herbie

These are under the steering wheel. There is a black box of some kind and the black plug is not plugged in.

This is under the gas pedal side and I can see some of the wiring.

This is the other plug that comes out where one goes to the brake fluid and this one goes to nothing.

Here are the brown and green wires that are just cut.
Hi guys. I bought a 2004 Porsche Cayenne turbo. Two days after buying it I drove a mile from the house, turned it off and it wouldn’t start. It was cranking over but nothing. The radio sometimes wouldn’t come on. I finally got it started and drove it home. It died a couple times on the way but started again. After it got home I got a new battery for it. The error went off PSM and it started running. All was well for 1 drive. I took it to the auto parts store and checked for errors and there were none. Before the new battery the error was P2403 Evaporative Emissions System Leak Detection Pump Sense Circuit/Open.
The next morning I go out to start it and it won’t even try to crank. All electronics come on but it says press brake pedal, even though it is being pressed. The fuses seem good and the starter fuse relay seems good. I checked the 2nd battery and it had some corrosion so it was cleaned and a giant fuse was replaced. (Sorry I don’t know all of the technical terms.) If I turn it over sometimes it will turn on the display and sometimes it is blank. The engine fans will come on without it being started and even stay on after the key is taken out. (The battery is being disconnected while we are not working on it for this reason.). The wires under the dash look like a hot mess to me. There is a brown and yellow wire that seem to just be cut. There is a black plug that is not plugged in (has been like that since I bought it.). On the right side it looks like there is a bad wire wrap job. To top it all off there is a mysterious plug the splits and one side goes into the brake fluid and the other one goes to nothing... When the key is turned on sometimes now I will hear a click from a fuse under the seat and all electronics will turn off. When she ran it was great. With all the things going wrong I can only assume this is electrical.
I have no idea where to go from here. The mechanics here can’t look for a couple weeks and only 1 will touch this thing.

Last edited by Rachel; 11-01-2020 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Adding photos
Old 11-01-2020, 08:55 PM
Tjap
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Rachel

These are under the steering wheel. There is a black box of some kind and the black plug is not plugged in.

This is under the gas pedal side and I can see some of the wiring.

This is the other plug that comes out where one goes to the brake fluid and this one goes to nothing.

Here are the brown and green wires that are just cut.
Hi guys. I bought a 2004 Porsche Cayenne turbo. Two days after buying it I drove a mile from the house, turned it off and it wouldn’t start. It was cranking over but nothing. The radio sometimes wouldn’t come on. I finally got it started and drove it home. It died a couple times on the way but started again. After it got home I got a new battery for it. The error went off PSM and it started running. All was well for 1 drive. I took it to the auto parts store and checked for errors and there were none. Before the new battery the error was P2403 Evaporative Emissions System Leak Detection Pump Sense Circuit/Open.
The next morning I go out to start it and it won’t even try to crank. All electronics come on but it says press brake pedal, even though it is being pressed. The fuses seem good and the starter fuse relay seems good. I checked the 2nd battery and it had some corrosion so it was cleaned and a giant fuse was replaced. (Sorry I don’t know all of the technical terms.) If I turn it over sometimes it will turn on the display and sometimes it is blank. The engine fans will come on without it being started and even stay on after the key is taken out. (The battery is being disconnected while we are not working on it for this reason.). The wires under the dash look like a hot mess to me. There is a brown and yellow wire that seem to just be cut. There is a black plug that is not plugged in (has been like that since I bought it.). On the right side it looks like there is a bad wire wrap job. To top it all off there is a mysterious plug the splits and one side goes into the brake fluid and the other one goes to nothing... When the key is turned on sometimes now I will hear a click from a fuse under the seat and all electronics will turn off. When she ran it was great. With all the things going wrong I can only assume this is electrical.
I have no idea where to go from here. The mechanics here can’t look for a couple weeks and only 1 will touch this thing.
Hi,

I am pretty sure "The plug" you are holding in your hand,
is the Air Quality Sensor (E398).
I know this by coincidence, because I get an 01592 error with VCDS, about this sensor not working, being defective.
Many other Cayenne owners have this error,
I saw in scanreports: I guess the previous owner of your car, wanted to fix the error, and replaced the sensor.
And was maybe not able to get it back in.
I hope I will do better, when it arrives next week ;-)

Found it cheap on AliExpress, 10 euro's for the Air Quality Sensor, this one also works for the Toureg, should also work with Cayenne 955 Turbo:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMi2ZVR
PS: You should be able to click it back into some kind of "bracket", please see pictures 4 & 5 of the AliExpress product, for an example of the bracket, and how to re-attach:-)

Last edited by Tjap; 11-01-2020 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-01-2020, 10:14 PM
Rachel
Cruisin'

Thank you! That is one mystery solved. So it is supposed to plug in to something or just hang there?
Old 11-01-2020, 10:21 PM
Tjap
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Rachel
Thank you! That is one mystery solved. So it is supposed to plug in to something or just hang there?
Yes, the part you are holding up, you should click in, en turn around clockwise. It should look something like this:

Last edited by Tjap; 11-01-2020 at 10:24 PM.

Quick Reply: How To: Ignition Lock, Brake Proportioning, ABS light, PSM, Traction, Brake Flashing