Sponsored by:

Porsche Cayenne 2003-2010 buzzer/chime DIY fix

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 06:12 PM
Syed Kamran
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Porsche Cayenne 2003-2010 buzzer/chime DIY fix

Alright so I bought a used cayenne and it was my first porsche to be honest. Ever since I got it a year ago, I have always wondered why there is no sound when I put the hazard on or the turn signal or even if I cross the speed limit. I was thinking it was probably a setting on the instrument cluster but the parking sensors worked fine. I found out later that the parking sensor had no relation to that.

I took it to the dealer and they said that they will need to replace the cluster and reprogram it. They said it will cost me around 5000AED. Which made no sense to me for a 10 year old car. So I headed back home and I found a tutorial online. I thought of giving it a go.

​​​​​I have seen many replacement parts for the toureg which are the exact same ones used in my cayenne. So I bought the small speaker for 12$ online and went on for a DIY myself. It took about 1 hour for the complete procedure but was totally worth it.

After replacing it, everything worked and the chimes were like music to my ears.

I'm glad I didn't let the dealers rob me for such a small thing. It's a good example why you should always do your own research before handing out your beloved car.

Just wanted to share my experience in the forum , I am happy and feeling accomplished.

The packaging it came in

The left one is actually the replacement one and the right one is the old damaged one. I know it looked all rusty and stuff but it works. I have also out a note to the seller to send me another one, until them I'm just going to use this one.

Not so much of a big deal. It fits back easily.

The following 2 users liked this post by Syed Kamran:
19psi (06-13-2020), deilenberger (06-13-2020)
Old 06-12-2020, 10:13 PM
jeff spahn
Rennlist Member

Received 384 Likes on 221 Posts

yeah, that's not a bad job to do. The hardest part is those two t20 torx screws at the top of the glare shield for the cluster. You need a long extension to get in there. Also getting the glareshield to properly clip on each top edge can be a bugger.
Old 11-01-2020, 04:20 AM
ulflun
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Syed Kamran
Alright so I bought a used cayenne and it was my first porsche to be honest. Ever since I got it a year ago, I have always wondered why there is no sound when I put the hazard on or the turn signal or even if I cross the speed limit. I was thinking it was probably a setting on the instrument cluster but the parking sensors worked fine. I found out later that the parking sensor had no relation to that.

I took it to the dealer and they said that they will need to replace the cluster and reprogram it. They said it will cost me around 5000AED. Which made no sense to me for a 10 year old car. So I headed back home and I found a tutorial online. I thought of giving it a go.

​​​​​I have seen many replacement parts for the toureg which are the exact same ones used in my cayenne. So I bought the small speaker for 12$ online and went on for a DIY myself. It took about 1 hour for the complete procedure but was totally worth it.

After replacing it, everything worked and the chimes were like music to my ears.

I'm glad I didn't let the dealers rob me for such a small thing. It's a good example why you should always do your own research before handing out your beloved car.

Just wanted to share my experience in the forum , I am happy and feeling accomplished.

The packaging it came in

The left one is actually the replacement one and the right one is the old damaged one. I know it looked all rusty and stuff but it works. I have also out a note to the seller to send me another one, until them I'm just going to use this one.

Not so much of a big deal. It fits back easily.

Well done, what is the part number?
Old 11-02-2020, 11:00 AM
Shawn Stanford
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 451 Posts

Yeah, this is one of those 'immediate gratification' fixes. I did this a couple years ago. It literally took less than 30 minutes.

Originally Posted by ulflun
Well done, what is the part number?
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...ne+dash+buzzer

Quick Reply: Porsche Cayenne 2003-2010 buzzer/chime DIY fix