Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I swapped out the a/c blower fan regulator and....

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 03:25 PM
05cayenneTT
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I swapped out the a/c blower fan regulator and....

So I swapped out the a/c blower fan regulator and still have no fan blowing...

I checked the fan and it still spins freely...The A/C controls on the dash still work fine..All looks fine...There is just no fan blowing....Is there anything else in the loop that could have gone bad that turns the fan on and off?

Could the fan be bad electronically even if it still spins freely? Is this common? It all worked one second and then did not work the next with no warning at all. I am trying to keep it out of the shop and do it myself . Thanks in advance!
Old 06-27-2016, 03:34 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

We're assuming this is an '05 CTT?

The answer is - yes - the motor itself can fail electrically. Most things work until they break - then they usually remain broken. Especially electronics (with a rare intermittent exception.)

You say the AC controls "work fine" - have you tested their actual operation/output with something like a Durametric? If not - you're simply assuming that because the display appears fine the outputs are fine. That can be a bad assumption.
Old 06-27-2016, 04:16 PM
05cayenneTT
Advanced

deilenberger,

Thanks for responding!

Yes it is a 2005 TT. No I have not tested with a Durametric.

Before I do that though....Is there a fuse for the blower motor somewhere? If so, in what location would I find it?

Thanks!
Old 06-27-2016, 09:58 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

There is certainly a fuse - and your owners manual should tell you where it is.. I don't own a 955 anymore so I can't tell you.
Old 07-06-2016, 02:18 PM
05cayenneTT
Advanced

I have changed out the solenoid and now the blower motor and still no go....Not sure where to go from here....Ill see what the manual says....
Old 07-06-2016, 03:01 PM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 05cayenneTT
I have changed out the solenoid and now the blower motor and still no go....Not sure where to go from here....Ill see what the manual says....
When reviewing the Cayenne electrical schematic it is no surprise P mechanics get big $$ to fix.

There are no fuses between the motor and the climate control module. Since there are other climate control functions that appear to be working the module is probably getting power.

Using a DVM you could verify the motor has no voltage at the terminals.

At this point a Durametric or other diagnostic scan tool may help isolate the fault.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:28 PM
05cayenneTT
Advanced

Default UPDATE...

UPDATE: Found the Fuse in the far left of the dash ( where the drivers door pushes against)...Fuse #56 was blown 40AMP....Replaced fuse ($3.39)...

Plugged in new fan...and SHE BLOWS ! Good part is ...I now have a new blower motor and solenoid (even if they were not bad) so I wont have to change them out again !

Thanks for all your feedback and help guys !

P.S. This page http://www.justanswer.com/porsche/4e...ne-manual.html was a bit help to me being able to figure out what fuses went where

Quick Reply: So I swapped out the a/c blower fan regulator and....