Sponsored by:

PSM, Ride Height, and Suspension Button disabled

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 10:24 AM
gsj224
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PSM, Ride Height, and Suspension Button disabled

After having my CTTS in the shop for a leaking coolant reserve tank, I have a suspension error on my dash and my PSM, Ride Height (in the center console), and Suspension Mode (also in the dash) are disabled and not working (illuminated) at all.

Can someone provide some insight to what is going on.

I have a 2006 Turbo S with about 90k miles.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:35 AM
957austin
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

I would check to make sure the switches are plugged in. It takes 1 minute to lift up the center console trim piece with the ride height switches. The tool is even provided in the center console under the rubber mat.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:24 PM
Mike41
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a tool for the 958, 2012 S model?
Anyone have a photo of the tool!

Thanks,

Mike
Old 05-21-2016, 05:32 PM
gsj224
Track Day

Default The switches are plugged in

The switches are fine and the differential switch works fine. Its odd that its just the ride comfort and ride height switches which are not working at all. They are backlit, but they are not responding.

Ive tried to see if they were turned off, but I cant map back a fuse to these buttons.

Any other suggestions?
Old 06-14-2016, 01:05 PM
gsj224
Track Day

Default Suspension and Ride Height Buttons still not working

I have not checked every fuse, and inspected every relay. I also checked the connections for these buttons and nothing.

This is really strange, but i am sure someone else has experienced this. I dont drive the car much, but I believe there are some performance issues especially above 65mph which I presume come from the PSM throwing an error (BTW, no codes at the OBII).

Thanks for any advise.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:21 PM
wrinkledpants
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Need to know what the suspension error says on the dash. Did you try holding the suspension height button forward for 10 seconds to enable/disable the leveling system? This is standard procedure whenever I work on the CTT>
Old 06-22-2016, 09:16 AM
gsj224
Track Day

It says "in red" Air Suspension Faulty Workshop. The PSM light is also illuminated.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:27 AM
wrinkledpants
Three Wheelin'

It could be anything. You're going to have to take it back to the shop.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:10 AM
gsj224
Track Day

It can't be "anything" something disabled those buttons and I feel its a relay/fuse. I checked all the main boxes (Passenger Door, Drivers Door, and Engine Bay). I know there is a box under the drivers seat, and i thought i read there were two more boxes, where are they?
Old 06-27-2016, 10:37 AM
wrinkledpants
Three Wheelin'

The ECU disabled the buttons because you have a fault of some type.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:44 AM
gsj224
Track Day

There is no documentation nor posted instances of anyone else with this problem on here or any other forum which leads me to believe its a lot more "simple" like a fuse or relay.

Would you happen to know what fuse or relay controls these buttons?
Old 06-27-2016, 11:30 AM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by gsj224
There is no documentation nor posted instances of anyone else with this problem on here or any other forum which leads me to believe its a lot more "simple" like a fuse or relay.

Would you happen to know what fuse or relay controls these buttons?
There is a 40A fuse near the battery that supplies power to the ride height control relay.
There are 2 fuses in the panel on the right side of the dash that power the ride height control module.

There is nothing simple about the Cayenne electrical system. A diagnostic scan tool (Durametric) is a must IMO. Maybe the shop that replaced the tank has one.
An OBDII reader is of no value with this type of fault.

Last edited by v10rick; 06-27-2016 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:52 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by v10rick
There is nothing simple about the Cayenne electrical system. A diagnostic code reader is a must IMO. An OBDII reader is of no value with this type of fault. Maybe the shop that replaced the tank has one.
+++1 ^^

And it seems as if you're dismissing suggestions out of hand in the hope that someone will say "do this.." I don't think that is going to happen. If you're not willing to spend the money for a Porsche diagnostic tool - which would be the first thing to try - taking it to a workshop (as the dash warning tells you to) that has such a tool seems your only reasonable option.

It may be the system just needs resetting due to the shop lifting it without putting it into lift-mode, but you can't do that waving hands over it, you'll need a diagnostics tool to do it.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:30 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,140 Likes on 3,913 Posts

As wrinkledpants alluded to, have you tried to disable the system again by holding the lever forward for 10 seconds? Maybe disabling it again would cause it to reenable itself once you start driving. During my PPI, the tech said you don't have to reenable it, just driving will cause it to reenable itself, which has worked the few times I've had to put it on the lift and unload the wheels.

If that doesn't work, maybe a battery disconnect/reconnect will, but if neither of those work, I think it's either Durametric or off to the Dealer/Indy.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:04 AM
Fabianrou
Advanced

Hello. 2004 Cayenne S here. Tonight all these showed up. ABS light, BRAKE PROPORTIONING, flashing red BRAKE light, cruise control does not work, PSM button in the upper center console above the radio does not light up, speedometer gauge does not move and mirrors don't fold but that I think is the switch itself. All this after I replaced the wiper transmission (assembly) and was checking the wiper motor before I put it all back together again. I thought that the wiper motor went bad but as it turns out FYI, you don't get 12V to the wiper motor unless the hood us close so I put a flat screw driver in the latch. I almost bought another motor until I found out about this!

Anyhow, Im stressing over this and DURAMETRIC does not erase the faults even after unplugging the battery as a last resort. Both INTERSTATE batteries were replaced 3 Yrs ago max 4.

Any thoughts guys?

Last edited by Fabianrou; 07-04-2016 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Forgot to add

Quick Reply: PSM, Ride Height, and Suspension Button disabled